“Great facility, excellent classes”

Samui Institute of Thai Culinary Arts
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed July 20, 2017

We completed the penang cooking class in a room of 9 people. The chef and her team were attentive, provided excellent instruction and we prepared an amazing meal! We will be back for more.

1  Thank Kdardha
"prawn salad"
in 4 reviews
"take away"
in 11 reviews
"highly recommend this school"
in 3 reviews
in 13 reviews
"learn how"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

SITCA is a fantastic place to learn to cook real Thai food. We got lucky and it was only us two so it felt like a really personal one on one cooking class. The kitchen was clean and the food delicious. I picked up some really good tips.

2  Thank TravellerDave18
Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

The top agenda of the holiday was to do a crash course in Thai cooking and we had made no booking till we arrived in Koh Samui last evening. This morning we made a call to SITCA and to our luck we were accommodated at the 11:00am class, the one we wanted to do.
The class is absolutely amazing. The class instructor Roong is such a wonderful person. She explains carefully with hints of laughter, teaches you how to cut all the ingredients, how many seconds/minutes you need to cook each meat, how fine/thick you need to cut your vegetables, etc. The entire team at SITCA is so well organized, well coordinated, helpful and friendly. The class provides each participant with his/her own cooking station and burner, a recipe book to refer to and a pencil should you wish to take notes. You get to enjoy every dish you prepare and if it's too much to finish, they'll pack it for you to take home.
Great job team SITCA, thank you for the beautiful experience!

2  Thank Erin P
Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

We had a great experience at SITCA. The chef gave us a lot of insights to Thai cuisine, above and beyond what we expected. My husband cut his finger during the class and they were very helpful in dressing his cut, even giving us extra plasters to take away with us so we could change his dressing when we got back to the hotel without having to worry about buying it from the pharmacy.

1  Thank JeanneSam
See more reviews
Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

Booked this through buffalo tours. It was such a great experience and I would recommend anyone who wants an informative and fun cooking class to come here.
The head chef explained everything so well. We went through preparation and cooking techniques and she taught me so much. I thought I was a good cook before but there were so many elements that I hadn't considered when it comes to thai cooking.
My partner wasn't able to participate as he had a broken hand, but he was able to sit with me taking notes and photos, and then was able to enjoy the meal once we had finished cooking too.
A very welcoming and enjoyable experience

1  Thank Bec D