“Don’t Miss This Experience!”

Samui Institute of Thai Culinary Arts
Ranked #4 of 8 Food & Drink in Chaweng
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

My first cooking class ever and it was far beyond my expectations. I believe their organization, coordination and efficiency was key to the success of the class. There was a preparation and cooking station for each individual person and the class included instructions, explanations, stories, patience and lots of laughter.

Our hubbies joined for dinner following the class. Funny how they managed to get us to cook while on holiday!

If we had taken this class earlier in our trip, I would have taken another! I highly recommend classes y SITCA.

P.S. Try lunch at SITCA. You won’t be sorry!

1  Thank toojaysjj
in 12 reviews
"great fun"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Almost didn't go based on the previous reviews- this place is well and truly open for business!

We stuck our heads in an hour before a class was due to start, ended up having a lunch made for us while we were waiting it was delicious, healthy fresh Thai food!!

The cooking class is fun, informative and a great way to spend an afternoon, (especially as it was a rainy day!). The cost for us was 1500baht each, for this we essentially got 2 meals, a cooking class, and a recipe book. Pretty good value.

Very knowledgeable chefs who teach you all about the ingredients, and the background to food you are preparing. We made the prawn salad, duck spring rolls and red masaman curry, all up there on my favorite foods list!

The afternoon is topped off by the fact you get to eat the delicious food you have just made along with the cheapest beer in Thailand!!

Thanks for a fun and informative afternoon- will be interesting to see how I get in trying it by myself at home!!

2  Thank Darren H
Reviewed 27 September 2017

There was only 3 of us in the cooking class so was really personal. Our instructor was very knowledgable on Thai ingredients, being able to give a lesson on these during the preparation process. Would definitely do it again. As far finished the lesson eating amazing food. Well worth the money.

1  Thank Landoj
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We completed the penang cooking class in a room of 9 people. The chef and her team were attentive, provided excellent instruction and we prepared an amazing meal! We will be back for more.

1  Thank Kdardha