The room we had was a 4 bed family ensuite for 1200 baht per night which 3 of us shared late Feb 2011. This room was slightly larger than the other rooms and had a TV, fridge, AC, 2 bunk beds and a single double bed, all of which were comfortable and gave a good nights sleep. The room and bathroom were both clean. with the shower being your usual wall mounted removable showerhead (same as at every place we stayed in thailand). For the money you pay you certainly get a very well priced and confortable place to stay, and for us that was all we really needed. I gave the room a 4 purely because some of the other places were a bit nicer around the edges, but only in terms of appearance.
Outside of the bungalow was an undercover table and chairs, and as you walk in there is a bar with a pool table, dart board, stereo with a wide range of music. There are also a few computers and the internet available. Nid also has a few mopeds available for hire at 200 baht per day and helmets were included when we hired them.
By the end of the trip we had made some friends with other guests there and on a few nights we'd sit around in the bar area having a few drinks, and playing music, pool and darts. Nid and her workers were always more than happy to keep this area open for us and even had a few drinks and a few games of pool with us.
If the distance is a worry you can also get Nid or one of the many friendly people that work at Nid's to drive you into town which they did on a few occasions free of charge. To get back to Nid's you can get a moped taxi back for 100-150baht, depending on your bargaining skills. If you do choose to walk it will take you between 5 - 10 mins from the beach. There are some bars and restaurants (eg Reggae Bar) on the street 5 mins from Nid's so not everything will require a trek into the main strip.
If you were backpacking in Koh Samui I believe there are some slightly cheaper places that are closer to Chaweng Beach but youd only be talking by probably 100-200 baht per person per night. We did also stay at a beachfront resort on Chaweng Beach on one of our last days and paid 2600baht per night for a room that was only marginally nicer than what we had at Nid's. We also stayed in Bangkok and Patong Beach (near Phuket) for a few other nights we were in Thailand and both of these places were also more expensive and only marginally nicer, but both did have pools. Nid did mention while we were talking to her that she was building a pool so thats something to look forward to.
All in all we really loved our stay here and will be staying here again on our next visit to Samui. For those thinking of staying here I highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nid's Bungalows is family-owned and managed, offering cool, private and tasteful accommodation in the Thai-style, located centrally on the shore of Chaweng Lake in the Chaweng Beach tourist area, only 10 minutes from Samui airport and 5 minutes from Chaweng Beach. To serve the international traveller, Nid's Bungalows offers a range of accommodation options, from new and superior levels of accommodation to a new and spacious 8-bunk Dorm for the solo traveller or value-conscious group. Nid has made the lush gardens around the bungalows and swimming pool a feature of the Resort. The Resort offers a large lap pool and sun deck, bar and games area, free WiFi and laundry facilities. Guests who stay with us are able to share Nid's love of animals, gardening and cooking. We make every effort to consider the environment by careful use of electricity and resources, and we grow some of our own vegetables and herbs where possible. Nid loves and takes care of many animals and, if you wish, you can make friends with them during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Nid's Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nid`s Bungalows Hotel Chaweng
- Nid's Bungalows Ko Samui, Thailand - Chaweng