1,085 results
All reviews royal suite chaweng beach garden view amazing hotel our honeymoon traditional thai rooms are large dinner on the beach breakfast buffet low tide day bed nice pool clean beach deck chairs the main street happy hour great beach
Reviewed July 15, 2018

The hotel is amazing, with pool, large rooms including spa bath. Balcony view of pool from room. The staff are respectful, courteous and friendly. Breakfast is huge and the variety caters for all. If the hotel was situated down on Chaweng beach where the sand and beach water were not in the reef area it would be perfect.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Muang Samui S, Group Operations Manager at Muang Samui Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear Bunty O,

It is to our pleasure to know that ou enjoyed your vacation and the large rooms with private jacuzzi, nice view, attentive and courteous team memebers and last but not least the variaty and quality of the dishe at breakfast.

Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Group operations Manager

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Our family of 3 stayed here for 4 nights in July 2018.

The hotel exceeded our expectations and we didn't want to leave.

The hotel has a great location on Chaweng beach and perfect atmosphere due to authentic Thai architecture and gardens. The staff was also very friendly.

Would definitely return in future.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Gerhard V

Dear Gerhard V,

Thank you indeed for your recommendation and sharing your opinion with other about Muang Samui Spa Resort!

I am delighted to know that we made you feel so comfortable and relaxed that you did not want to leave. We always put a lot of effort in providing personalized service and I am glad it met and exceeded your expectations. The perfect location, traditional Thai architecture and the friendliness of the staff are also those assets we are proud of.

We would be pleased with the opportunity to take you up on your word and welcome you back in the future..

Best regards,

Group Operations Manager

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Our family of 4 stayed here in the family suit June 2018 for about 8 nights. We originally booked our stay at Royal Muan Samui Villas but we were able to transfer to Muang Samui Spa resort. I was thankful they accommodated our transfer request. We always stay at 5-star hotels/resorts when we travel and have a certain level of expectation and amenities. If you can set your expectation with the solid 4-star resort, I think you will be happy to stay here. Those of you looking for 5-stars, I would recommend stick with brand name hotels. Overall, we enjoyed staying here and the staff was super nice. We would like to especially thank the General manager who accommodated our transfer.

Room Tip: Suits facing the ocean
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Angie Kim H
Muang Samui S, Group Guest Relations Manager at Muang Samui Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear Angie Kim H,

Thank you for sharing your opinion and for rating us here on Tripadvisor channel.

I am glad to read that we were able to make your stay better by accomodating your relocation request to Muang Samui Spa Resort and that you liked the Traditional Thai Style rooms and architecture and the helpful and attentive attitude of the team. We always aim for five star service therefore I am a bit disappointed we did not reach that level according to your opinion but we are grateful for your honest and constructive comments. I believe there is always place for improvement - nevertheless the star rating - and rest assured we will do our best to continuously enhance our services.

Like that, hopefully we can welcome you back in the future accomodating the desired expecations.

Norbert Eberling

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

My original trip to Koh Samui was supposed to be in a different hotel but after weeks of research I decided to change to Muang Samui so it had to live up to my expectations.
On arrival in the evening we were greeted with a warm welcome, and a smooth check in. Our room was absolutely amazing and true Thai style, walking through the hotel gardens they are just beautiful with the ponds, and each morning and evening it was something we really enjoyed seeing.

After a couple of nights we couldn’t settle with our room being close to the reception, and being near the street a room in the middle was something we requested upon booking. We choose Chaweng for being close to restaurants, bars etc but also choose a vacation for nice chilled evenings if we wanted. I’ve got to say the staff did their absolute best to fulfil our needs and we changed rooms after 3 nights. It was perfect!
Food was lovely including breakfast with plenty of choice.
The staff were exceptional especially Norbert, Jasmin, Rong, and Sasi these members of staff really made our time spent in Chaweng very special they were there whenever we needed them.

I was very sad to leave after they waved us off, but I know our time at Muang really did leave a special place in my heart
We shall return to a fabulous island called Koh Samui and definitely Chaweng

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joanne
Muang Samui S, Group Operations Manager at Muang Samui Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear joanne,

Thank you very much for your fabulous review it was our pleasure to have you as our guest.

I am thrilled to hear that we managed to exceed your expectations and made your stay better by arranging a more quiet room. Your words about the attentive and personalized service makes us really proud as this is one of those goals we are always aiming for. We truly believe that this is the key for the most relaxing and memorable stay. I Will for sure share your bosting words with the team highligting Jasmin, Rong, Sasi and Norbert and I am certain they will be happy that their effort has been recognized.

We would be happy with the opportunity to welcome you back in the future shall you travel to Samui Island again.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

We are truly satisfied with the other aspects of the hotel but not for this particular issue, which is the spa price. This is an expansion of the comment made by my husband, who wrote in a very very simple way before thus we received unreasonable reply from the management of Muang Samui. It’s disappointing that the management of Muang Samui did not investigate into the relevant matter before they submit a proper response, regarding 2 sets of spa prices. Please allow me to explain the fact in detail because we cannot remain silent about that.

The actual price charged for the spa became higher/ more expensive was NOT due to the extra 10% service charges & 7% tax. In fact they increase the price at the spa but the spa list in room did not reflect it and that caused us to believe that the in-room spa list price is the actual/correct price since we read that list in the first place and made reservation. We were shocked when come to payment as the price appeared higher so we checked with the spa staff. She took out another set of price list at the spa. The actual price list at the spa is higher than the one in room, for example, a facial was priced at 1200 baht on in-room price list, but the staff's menu shown a 1500 baht; a massage was priced at 1300 baht on in-room price list but staff's menu shown a 1800 baht, nothing is related to the service charges and taxes as mentioned by the management, please do not distort the fact. We actually paid the total extra 17% service charge & tax after the inflated price of 1500 plus 1800 baht.

This is a matter of credibility. We suggest that for those who wish to have a spa at the hotel to check the price with spa staff and proceed if you are satisfy with the price rather than just relying on the in room spa price list, in order to avoid a confusing situation like what we’ve experienced. We also hope that the management will update all your in room spa price list to reflect the real price (*Reminder: please note that nothing is related to the 10% service charges & 7% tax, we don’t mind paying the extra 17%). Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ggghk

Dear ggghk,

Thank you for your repeated comment. We are sorry if we might have misunderstood your original meaning in the first feedback.
I can assure you that we have made the necessary steps to avoid this issue to happen again in the future. All related operational department is aware of the mistakes and we are clear on what is need to be corrected.

Please accept my apology and I trust we will have the chance to make it up to you probably during a next stay.

Best Regards,