“Celebration”

Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Matamata
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

We are locals however our friends wanted to take us out so this was the first choice. Great food and atmosphere here. Staff very attentive and nothing was any trouble. Friends were amazed that food was this good in a small town.

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Stopped by to grab lunch, punctual service, refreshing Peroni beer, a lovely pizza with truck loads of toppings, a chicken salad with half a chicken in it! I will return

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

We stopped off here at 7pm on a Sunday night, en route to Auckland from Taupo. Tired, hungry kids. We debated getting a pie instead as we really didn’t want to spend too much time on dinner, but the menu looked too good to resist. So glad we did! We managed to get in and out in 40 mins due to efficient, friendly service and obviously a very professional kitchen. Well done team. We sat outside and enjoyed the view of a busy, warm Matakatia evening. Food was absolutely delicious. I had spaghetti gamberi - best I’ve had in NZ. Kids spag bol was excellent too. Other kid’s Hawaiian pizza looked fine and my husband’s prosciutto pizza looked absolutely delicious in all its wood-fired glory. Large bucket of wine (moltepulciano) for $9 for me so even better. Nice touch having takeaway ice-cream so the kids were able to get a mango gelato to go (we are from Auckland obviously). Always been a fan of the Workman’s Caff in Matamata but this beats it hands down. Lucky Matamatians.....

Reviewed March 3, 2018

We had Italian food that was very good, the place was busy, we had not made a booking so had to wait for a table to become vacant.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

We popped in for lunch, both my husband and I had a video of pasta and some garlic bread, it tasted gorgeous and the service was great