“NICE BAR and GOOD MUSIC”

The Dam Pub Gastropub
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Thornbury
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A popular family owned Gastropub set in the quaint village of Thornbury, Ontario. We are featured regularly on The Food Network's "You Gotta Eat Here!" Folks come for miles to enjoy Chef Rob Lussier's culinary delights, over 900 whiskies in Stephanie's Whisky Bar, and our impeccable service with seasoned waiters. All this nestled into our circa 1875 house with a welcoming and cozy ambience. Reservations highly recommended.
Reviewed October 3, 2018

We stop at this PUB and had a couple of drinks, people was always nice to us, the bar tender was great and from Irland.

The life music was great, we had a wonderful time

Reviewed October 3, 2018

I have experienced many times the service, food and great hospitality at The Dam Pub previously, but never attended their Whiskey Tasting experience. So let me tell you, it was spectacular, all four of us including my wife who is not a scotch drinker, absolutely loved it. This was last Thursday September 27th. The presentation by Frank was incredible, he explains everything there is to know about what is in the scotch and what makes it so good, plus the pairing of the the four different foods to accommodate all five scotches was well worth the admission. Do not fail to one day visit and experience this incredible feast. Stephanie, thank you so much, I will see you again this month on the 23rd.

1  Thank TorontoStephen
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

quality food, great atmosphere, unbelievable whiskey selections and terrific owners and staff. if you are in the area don't miss this spot!

2  Thank Dave S
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Dear server:
Please don’t make us wait for our food 1hr & 15 mins without giving us an explanation. Please don’t serve two tables that came in after us, before us, without an explanation. Please don’t forget to bring me a knife and fork (that was requested) while my dinner is in front of me and you serve drinks to other tables. Please don’t forget the dressing requested to go along with my dinner. Our frustration would have been greatly reduced if you had been attentive to out table. Food was good but service was not impressive.

Reviewed September 26, 2018

Great food with a nice atmosphere. Very busy hitch is a good sign. Had the lamb shank and it was delicious and very filling.