All reviewspool barboat harbourpalm treesthe rooms were nicefishing tournamentlaid backhope townrent a golf cartother islandsnice beachprivate beachgrouperferry servicewhite sand beacha lot of funcoffee makerthe entire staff
Reviewed May 21, 2016

Got stuck in Marsh Harbor because of a cancelled flight. A lot of people hunting rooms at one time left a few choices. We ended up here - first desk clerk wouldn't accept on line rates - clearly taking advantage of the rush of business from the cancelled flight (the place was empty). Had to go to management the next morning and complain to get decent rate. Room was very dirty - sheets were nasty, room was moldy - smelled horrible.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul W
Kashmie A, General Manager at Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our property as all feedback is important to us, good or bad. We regret that your experience here at our resort added to what must have already been a very stressful day and we are looking into each of the issues you mentioned. We do hope that you will soon give us another chance to convince you of our hospitality.

Reviewed May 18, 2016

Spend 4 nights in Abaco Beach Resort during the first week of April. I have never been to the otter Bahamas and did some shopping around. It appeared a bit expensive when I was pricing it out however they had a 3 night special that was perfect.
Stayed in a Standard Oceanfront room and didn't mind the walk. I ate in the restaurant for all my meals and the food was so good; never ventured off the resort. The crew at the pool bar were so friendly and I felt comfortable. In fact it felt like old friends. My room was 206 and was very large in size, about 600 sq ft or more. The room looked recently renovated and the view was to die for....
I am heading back on April 24th and staying 10 nights.
I will update on the next post.

Room Tip: The wifi worked depending on your location; my room, lobby, restaurant, bar, beach, pool and Marina.. Close to airport - 15 min or less.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property, your comments are very much valued and we appreciate your detail in reviewing our rooms and our customer service at the pool bar. We look forward to hosting you again during your upcoming trip!

Reviewed May 15, 2016 via mobile

We stayed one night before a boating excursion. Nothing about the place was worth $377/night. It was an OK room and the beach was nice but the service at Breakfast and lunch were so slow we almost missed an appointment. Glad we only stayed one night.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Kashmie A, General Manager at Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2016

We truly apologize for the slow service you experienced at breakfast and thank you for taking the time to bring it to our attention. We will be looking into our internal systems to see how we can improve.

Reviewed April 24, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is worn out. Needs a major capital infusion. Would never go back. Very nice employees but for the rate you get a raw deal. Ugh. It's just one of those places where the website photos make it look a lot better than it is. Past it's time and the best option is to tear it down and start over.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank T L
Kashmie A, General Manager at Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2016

I would like to personally apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations as things here in The Out Islands tend to be more rustic and authentically Bahamian. We have noted your concerns over the physical plant and will look into them. We do hope that you visit us again in the future and allow us to show more of our hospitality.

Reviewed April 13, 2016

My wife and I stayed at the Abaco Beach Resort for a fun weekend with some couples friends and had a great experience. From the swim-up pool bar to the pristine docks in the marina, this was the perfect venue for us. Not only was the property beautiful and staff friendly, but it served as the perfect home base for bar/island hopping on our boat to Hope Town, Nippers, and a host of other fun little destinations. The marina at Abaco Beach Resort is perfect, with slips available for virtually any size boat and all the accommodations you'd expect. I hear tournament fishing out of this island is world-class. We stayed in a condo unit above the marina and were nothing but impressed; stone, glass, steel, and a ton of space. It was beyond comfortable and relaxing. The restaurant on property was also very good. I recommend the Lobster Eggs Benedict for breakfast. Don't miss the Abaco Beach Resort!

Room Tip: Try for marina-facing. It's gorgeous.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple