Pelican Beach Villas(Marsh Harbour)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$180
Hope Town Harbour Lodge(Hope Town)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$128
Bahama Beach Club(Treasure Cay)
US$475
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
US$189
US$230
Hope Town Inn & Marina(Hope Town)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$213
Delphi Club(Marsh Harbour)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspool barboat harbourfishing tournamentthe rooms were nicelaid backhope townorder foodrent a golf cartnice beachother islandsferry servicea lot of funcoffee makerprivate beachthe entire staffelbow caytreasure cay
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

We traveled with about 50+ people. We were all flying with a flight school company. All of their instructors and owners came and also many training pilots. We flew our plane along to learn more about flying international and handling customs as a private pilot. Having said that, my husband and I did not have any involvement in the resort choice.

The place appears to be very old and unkept. There are fees (in Bahamas) every time you turn around! The resort charges for beach towels, safe key, etc! The first room we got, the air would blow but not get cold. The room wreaked of mold covered with chlorine!!! I will say they transferred us to a room on 2nd floor that was much better.

The TV popped every few seconds. We found that most people in our group had the same problem. ALSO,NO WIFI! Maybe in and out, mostly out. No water pressure. The lunch snack from the bar was horrible! A bottle of water was $2.50. They had very few choices in alcohol and bartenders did not know how to make any drinks except for their frozen ones that I watched them make up some premix and it was nasty. They did not know how to make any martinis. I ask for a red wine list and it was Robert Mondavi, Mondavi, Woodbridge (Robert Mondavi) which is a very cheap wine and it was about $50 per bottle there!

We had a group mixer that evening poolside at 7 so we really didn’t have a chance to venture out for dinner. The restaurant there, Anglers, was way overpriced and our food and service was horrible. Same restaurant for breakfast was horrible and it was $25 each. You have 2 or 3 people coming by to check on you but that didn’t even help. Took forever for a drink. Ask for 2 waters, got one and no refill!

The grounds were fairly clean but had not had any updates or tender loving care. The beach cushions were not brought in at night and the chairs were not straightened over night.

Overall. It wasn’t the worst but I would not go back.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank tam645
Brent I, Director of Sales at Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Dear Guest, I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent visit to the Abaco Beach Resort. It is unfortunate that your experience at our resort did not meet your expectation. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with our operational team with a view to evaluating and address your concerns in a thoughtful manner for future visitors to the resort. Again, I wish to thank you for sharing and trust that you would give us another opportunity to showcase what we would have been done as aresults of your comments. Best

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

The plus side is the fact that the staff is extremely nice. The major downside is no WiFi on the docks. It's 2017, we travel through the Bahamas every summer and this is the only marina we have been to that has no WiFi for marina guests. When you advertise WiFi, please be honest and state that it is only in public areas. In today's world,Impossible to stay here again unless this situation changes.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bryna K
Brent I, Director of Sales at Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Bryna, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at our resort and the inconsistency in your WiFi experience. We acknowledge that from time to time, inconsistency in our WiFi service for our marina guests has not been acceptable and therefore we continue to work towards making the necessary improvements to achieve full WiFi coverage. We trust that on your return visit you would experience a noticeable improvement.

Reviewed July 25, 2017

I recently stayed at Abaco Beach Resort and I must say the overall experience was excellent. The property and views were beautiful, the beach was peaceful, clean and the nicest beach in Marsh Harbor. (not many hotels have a private beach) The marina was large, in great shape and well provisioned for anything you need. It was great, half of us stayed on the boat and half stayed in the hotel it worked out well. The staff at the hotel, bar, marina and restaurant went above and beyond what you would expect for some places in the Bahamas. The food was great in the ocean front dining room with a wide variety of choices. The rooms were extremely comfortable (good AC) and welcoming, and they offered beautiful views all around. The staff was very helpful and accommodating, they made it their personal mission to ensure our stay was ideal. If I could have stayed longer, I would have. I recommend Abaco Beach Resort, I have stayed in a lot of places in Abaco this was one of the best for many reasons.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Brent I, Director of Sales at Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent visit to our resort. We are happy that we made your stay a memorable one and look forward to welcoming you back. See you soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2017

My wife and I needed a quick getaway and thought this was a great place to go and only an hour flight from Palm Beach. The flight on Silver Air was on time and uneventful. The hotel was 15 minutes from the airport. We checked in, but the power was off so they had to manually open it. Since we were in the islands and it was close to lunch, we went to the pool. Unbeknown to us, it was election day in the Bahamas and all bars were closed to 6pm. Lunch at the pool was good. Our wifi in the room almost never worked and we had to go to reception for e-mails for work.We had breakfast at the hotel twice and both were fair at best. We also had two dinners. The food was expensive and not worth it. Our meals in town were excellent, especially Wally's.
The hotel room was dated. The beach was not as nice as anything we saw at Treasure Cay which looks like the Maldives. A must go is Green Turtle Cay. We had a fabulous lunch at Harvey's and chartered a boat from a local that has been their six generations. He took us to swim with and feed the pigs. We also went to another location top feed turtles, sharks and sting rays. Next trip back we are staying at Green Turtle Cay. Unfortunately, our flight home was cancelled. We managed to get the last 2 seats on a flight to Fort Lauderdale. After spending $100 to Uber home, the airline gave us a $100 coupon on a future flight. This is not my first bad experience with Silver so, have a plan B. The people in Abaci and Green Turtle Cay are fabulous.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 1948Steven
Kashmie A, General Manager at Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2017

Dear 1948Steven,

Thank you very much for your feedback during your recent stay at Abaco Beach Resort. We are disappointed to hear you encountered some issues which was a combination of power failure, election day limited services and other service areas. We will investigate and follow-up with our staff members with a goal to improve in areas we can make a positive difference.

Thank you for your time and do hope you will visit us during your next stay in the Abacos.

Reviewed June 26, 2017

The only reason for 3 stars is because there is NO wireless to the docks. They advertise "state of the art resort & marina", but the wireless is only available at the pool bar or reception office.
We did not eat there, many other options close by. Nice pool, beautiful resort, however.

Room Tip: We stayed on a boat in the marina...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Kashmie A, General Manager at Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize for the marina internet not being up to par during your stay with us. Management is in the process of addressing the Wi-Fi issues in the marina and other selected areas. We do hope you'll come back and enjoy more of the resort and Abaco!