“Italian, for real.”

Nonna Rina Bistro Italiano
Ranked #14 of 60 Restaurants in Mariehamn
Price range: US$12 - US$17
Description: Family-owned restaurant that specializes in homemade fresh pasta and great italian wines.
Reviewed September 7, 2017

God bless this place, where espresso means "espresso" for real!
After various city and great finnish meals, we landed to the Aland Island and find this place. During our trip to Mariehamn we had breakfast, lunch and dinner here, tasted the sweetest waffles, a good pizza and tasty, handmade pasta. Roberto e Michele just love what they do and you can literary feel it.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Here's the novel idea of an Italian restaurant run by Italians! Sounds logical, but not that easy to come by in these parts of the world.

Pastas are good, and a great variety. Pizzas are tasty as well.

Overall, the whole experience is quite "Italian", which also means that service is not really what you'd always like. But the place is small, and we all need a bit more excercise, especially after great, carb-laden food...

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Believe me, I've had more than a few pizzas in my life (also in Italy and Slovenia) and this was one of the most mouth wateringly achingly tastiest I've had. It was a quatro formaggi. The texture of the dough, the olive oil used, the quality of the cheese, were perfect. I can't wait to try the others on the menu.

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

We had pasta with pesto & pasta carbonara; both were really delicious. The pizzas looked fine as well.
In a good weather you can sit outside and enjoy the quiet Åland atmosphere.
Recommended!

Reviewed July 31, 2017

Excellent food, but we had to wait for the food for nearly noe hour - 55 minutes.
The waiters were young amateurs. Had no experience from restaurant buiseness.

ferrarone89, Proprietario at Nonna Rina Bistro Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

i'm sorry that you had to wait for the food but we have been really busy the whole summer and unfortunately that happens. As for the service i am more than happy with it as we usually get great reviews for it and I can assure you neither me or my empoloyees are amateurs at what we do.

Hope you had a good stay in Mariehamn.

Best Regards,