All reviews el puerto marina beach front whole family a bit salty long trip booked rooms sand manila pangasinan cottage escape filipino shoreline meters
Reviewed May 11, 2017

Didn't expect such a lovely place to stay because of the bad reviews I've been reading before booking this hotel. During our arrival, i'm a bit curious why they've getting those bad reviews. It's a long travel for us, south to north, wow! I feel a bit disappointed at first because upon arrival they don't have a comfy lobby for you to relax after that long trip. The receptionist told us to just go to the water park and we can now start to use their facilities. We went towards the park,we eat there and stayed there while were waiting for our room. At 1:00 pm they text me informing that our room is now available and ready for use. What a relief! It's high noon and we want a cooler place to stay. Upon entering the room my curiosity turned into amusement. The room was good. The bed was just fine. It's a comfortable one. We booked for a large family room and it just fits us.

Its a long walk towards the beach but -- its a good exercise. The beach has clear waters and a long shoreline with fine gray sands. Lovely! The have beautiful infinity pool at the beach front. At Aquatica Marina they have 8 pools which people from all ages will enjoy.

Our family had a great time during our stay! Thanks El Puerto Marina for the wonderful summer memories. :)

Room Tip: family room
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank neji23
Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

The Good:

The waiters were the only redeeming factors of their service, as well as the gentleman at the reception. No Wifi at the rooms, which should already be a standard for all hotels/resorts, especially for the price you're paying. The food was bland- nothing to rave about. I do have to say that the beach was really great and the kids loved it. There is a 6pm curfew and the guard whistles when it's time to leave the beach, as the waves tend to get really strong at night. I didn't really mind that the beach was far from our room, as I quite enjoyed the long walk.

The Bad:

This was one of the worst places to stay at. We had booked one of their Bungalow rooms which was double the price since it was Lent. Their bungalow rooms are kubo type, and were on top of a disgusting green "fishing" pond, which was infested with mosquitoes, and had chickens and ducks running around. They also turned off the water heater (or was it broken?), which was totally unacceptable.

The Aquatico resort was also not a great place to stay at because it was filled with so many people swimming, and you can hardly enjoy it with your family. With the price you're paying, I was expecting a bit more exclusivity for the hotel guests, which was definitely NOT the case. We left the Aquatico resort after 15 minutes of walking and riding one slide.

The Ugly:

What made our stay even worse was the poor service from the receptionist, Nadia. She was very rude, and is not experienced with customer service at all. Lady, you're in the service industry, and people expect to be treated with respect and courtesy. We didn't get that from you, unfortunately.

Verdict:

We were supposed to stay for two nights, but decided to leave early because of the poor service, cramped room and disgusting scenery every time I go outside the room. We didn't bother staying another night and did not want to endure another stress-filled day.

1  Thank Jerome J
Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

I would rate the place as average. Certain characteristics of the staff are nice, courteous and approachable. The nipa hut bungalows are not that clean but livable. Off course, what do you expect on the tap water? It's salty.

Resort is right by the ocean. Don't expect a white sand beach in this area although the beach is wide enough to roam around. You could swim around to enjoy the water and windy enough to bit the heat of the sun. Kids will enjoy it.

There's the aquatic theme in this resort that comes with it for the kids to enjoy the sliding tube. My only comment is, the water is dirty on the swimming pool. We did not attempt to use the pool.

The restaurant is average although we appreciate the service and the food. The fact that there are no other restaurants nearby. Their food is a little bit pricey and the manager itself is watching on her staff as far as the distribution of food to the customers. This is supposed to be a buffet. The first plate can be scarcely. Second plate can also be limited.

I choose this place because of the distance to hundred islands. Eventually, I drove approximately an hour from El Puerto Marina to hundred islands.

Overall, the resort is an ideal place to have fun and bond with the family. But next time, I would rather pick a resort in Bolinao with intent to visit hundred islands.

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

Way to expensive, for 6000+ PHP a night I expect a bit more then a tiny room without fridge, no internet available in rooms or ground except in restaurant but hardly working. The food very limited and pricey when we were there 2 big groups were present so you wait more then an hour for your food.

Water park is badly maintained half of the pools closed and toilets etc dirty and smelly.

Water in the room salty?!? Not nice for your skin. Overall I can get much better rooms for that money. Avoid.

Reviewed March 22, 2017

The resort is secluded from any other resort along Lingayen gulf. If you want peace and quiet this is the resort for you. Our accomodation is a 1 bedroom unit good for 4 pax (for time share members) and it is with complete kitchen so we were able to cook. The resort lacks ammenities but we enjoyed the pool. It has an adjoining Acquatica Marina resort but was disappointed because most of the different kinds of pool available is not functioning. The beach front is long and wide and not crowded. They only have 1 restaurant and the food is just average in price and taste. It is good place to bond with family but you have to bring your own kind of entertainment. Wi-fi is only available in the restaurant and very weak.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family