I read a lot of bad reviews about it but still opted to give it a try. So here's what it is like going here or staying here for a night.
1. There are 2 pools exclusive only for the checked-in guests. (Near the entrance and the infinity pool near the beach) This is convenient to our part because it gives more privacy to the family.
2. Availing for an overnight gives you inclusive passes to the aqua park. They also give free cottage for checked-in guests, and a discount when you want to avail another cottage.
3. The aqua park features number of slides which pools are kid-friendly. The inflatables are for rent (should've been free like other water parks). The wave pool only works every hour. The aqua park is widely for kids, I think. Cause there are no pools 5 ft deep or higher where you can freely swim. The swimming pool water is SALTY.
4. The beach is also average with fine gray sand. It is open to the public. There are cottages near the beach, but the beach is a long walk from the resort hotel itself. Please be reminded that the beach doesn't gradually go deeper. My brother tried to test how deep the beach water is. One moment he could touch the sand ground and after just less than meter, he couldn't even barely touch it anymore. Keep safe!
5. The staff in the front desk are friendly. BUT, there are lots of mosquitoes in the front desk area during at night when you want to browse something in the internet (wifi is online provided at this area) Anyway, what I didn't like was the service of their waiters. They weren't fully informed about the regulations, and weren't clear about the breakfast inclusion.
6. Regarding the breakfast, it is on "plating" basis. The service isn't fast. The food is average. The menu says that the american breakfast includes fruits, 2 eggs, bacon, toast with condiments. But what I got was 1 small egg, 2 strips of bacon and 2 toasts. They said that the "complete" course is only given to those with single regular order. It wasn't clear at all! It should've been written on a different menu then.
7. We stayed in a 2 bedroom family room. Modern in design, with 2 TVs. The room itself is well-lit but the bathroom is completely not! Good thing there is a water heater, but still, the water is a bit salty! They also forgot to give us toiletries! Also, please bring toothbrush, they don't have complimentary one just like other hotels.
8. In totality, it is on average, not the type of resort hotel which I want to go back to again. And yes, it is quite pricey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming beach resort so quiet,with clean and comfortable rooms, nice and friendly staff, good local and fresh sea foods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your El Puerto Marina Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Puerto Marina Beach Hotel Lingayen
- El Puerto Marina Beach Resort And Spa