El Puerto Marina Beach Resort & Spa
Lenox Hotel(Dagupan)
  • Breakfast included
Islandia Hotel(Alaminos City)
View Hotel
Paiko Resort(La Union Province)
View Hotel
All reviewsel puerto marinafishbeach frontbeach resortnice staywhole familybedroom unitshore linerelaxing environmentnipa huta bit saltylong tripwater park with slidesother resortsperfect placewavespangasinan
Reviewed May 22, 2017

I read a lot of bad reviews about it but still opted to give it a try. So here's what it is like going here or staying here for a night.

1. There are 2 pools exclusive only for the checked-in guests. (Near the entrance and the infinity pool near the beach) This is convenient to our part because it gives more privacy to the family.
2. Availing for an overnight gives you inclusive passes to the aqua park. They also give free cottage for checked-in guests, and a discount when you want to avail another cottage.
3. The aqua park features number of slides which pools are kid-friendly. The inflatables are for rent (should've been free like other water parks). The wave pool only works every hour. The aqua park is widely for kids, I think. Cause there are no pools 5 ft deep or higher where you can freely swim. The swimming pool water is SALTY.
4. The beach is also average with fine gray sand. It is open to the public. There are cottages near the beach, but the beach is a long walk from the resort hotel itself. Please be reminded that the beach doesn't gradually go deeper. My brother tried to test how deep the beach water is. One moment he could touch the sand ground and after just less than meter, he couldn't even barely touch it anymore. Keep safe!
5. The staff in the front desk are friendly. BUT, there are lots of mosquitoes in the front desk area during at night when you want to browse something in the internet (wifi is online provided at this area) Anyway, what I didn't like was the service of their waiters. They weren't fully informed about the regulations, and weren't clear about the breakfast inclusion.
6. Regarding the breakfast, it is on "plating" basis. The service isn't fast. The food is average. The menu says that the american breakfast includes fruits, 2 eggs, bacon, toast with condiments. But what I got was 1 small egg, 2 strips of bacon and 2 toasts. They said that the "complete" course is only given to those with single regular order. It wasn't clear at all! It should've been written on a different menu then.
7. We stayed in a 2 bedroom family room. Modern in design, with 2 TVs. The room itself is well-lit but the bathroom is completely not! Good thing there is a water heater, but still, the water is a bit salty! They also forgot to give us toiletries! Also, please bring toothbrush, they don't have complimentary one just like other hotels.
8. In totality, it is on average, not the type of resort hotel which I want to go back to again. And yes, it is quite pricey.

Room Tip: Family room
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Kristine P
Reviewed May 11, 2017

Didn't expect such a lovely place to stay because of the bad reviews I've been reading before booking this hotel. During our arrival, i'm a bit curious why they've getting those bad reviews. It's a long travel for us, south to north, wow! I feel a bit disappointed at first because upon arrival they don't have a comfy lobby for you to relax after that long trip. The receptionist told us to just go to the water park and we can now start to use their facilities. We went towards the park,we eat there and stayed there while were waiting for our room. At 1:00 pm they text me informing that our room is now available and ready for use. What a relief! It's high noon and we want a cooler place to stay. Upon entering the room my curiosity turned into amusement. The room was good. The bed was just fine. It's a comfortable one. We booked for a large family room and it just fits us.

Its a long walk towards the beach but -- its a good exercise. The beach has clear waters and a long shoreline with fine gray sands. Lovely! The have beautiful infinity pool at the beach front. At Aquatica Marina they have 8 pools which people from all ages will enjoy.

Our family had a great time during our stay! Thanks El Puerto Marina for the wonderful summer memories. :)

Room Tip: family room
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank neji23
Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

The Good:

The waiters were the only redeeming factors of their service, as well as the gentleman at the reception. No Wifi at the rooms, which should already be a standard for all hotels/resorts, especially for the price you're paying. The food was bland- nothing to rave about. I do have to say that the beach was really great and the kids loved it. There is a 6pm curfew and the guard whistles when it's time to leave the beach, as the waves tend to get really strong at night. I didn't really mind that the beach was far from our room, as I quite enjoyed the long walk.

The Bad:

This was one of the worst places to stay at. We had booked one of their Bungalow rooms which was double the price since it was Lent. Their bungalow rooms are kubo type, and were on top of a disgusting green "fishing" pond, which was infested with mosquitoes, and had chickens and ducks running around. They also turned off the water heater (or was it broken?), which was totally unacceptable.

The Aquatico resort was also not a great place to stay at because it was filled with so many people swimming, and you can hardly enjoy it with your family. With the price you're paying, I was expecting a bit more exclusivity for the hotel guests, which was definitely NOT the case. We left the Aquatico resort after 15 minutes of walking and riding one slide.

The Ugly:

What made our stay even worse was the poor service from the receptionist, Nadia. She was very rude, and is not experienced with customer service at all. Lady, you're in the service industry, and people expect to be treated with respect and courtesy. We didn't get that from you, unfortunately.

Verdict:

We were supposed to stay for two nights, but decided to leave early because of the poor service, cramped room and disgusting scenery every time I go outside the room. We didn't bother staying another night and did not want to endure another stress-filled day.

1  Thank Jerome J
Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

I would rate the place as average. Certain characteristics of the staff are nice, courteous and approachable. The nipa hut bungalows are not that clean but livable. Off course, what do you expect on the tap water? It's salty.

Resort is right by the ocean. Don't expect a white sand beach in this area although the beach is wide enough to roam around. You could swim around to enjoy the water and windy enough to bit the heat of the sun. Kids will enjoy it.

There's the aquatic theme in this resort that comes with it for the kids to enjoy the sliding tube. My only comment is, the water is dirty on the swimming pool. We did not attempt to use the pool.

The restaurant is average although we appreciate the service and the food. The fact that there are no other restaurants nearby. Their food is a little bit pricey and the manager itself is watching on her staff as far as the distribution of food to the customers. This is supposed to be a buffet. The first plate can be scarcely. Second plate can also be limited.

I choose this place because of the distance to hundred islands. Eventually, I drove approximately an hour from El Puerto Marina to hundred islands.

Overall, the resort is an ideal place to have fun and bond with the family. But next time, I would rather pick a resort in Bolinao with intent to visit hundred islands.

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

Way to expensive, for 6000+ PHP a night I expect a bit more then a tiny room without fridge, no internet available in rooms or ground except in restaurant but hardly working. The food very limited and pricey when we were there 2 big groups were present so you wait more then an hour for your food.

Water park is badly maintained half of the pools closed and toilets etc dirty and smelly.

Water in the room salty?!? Not nice for your skin. Overall I can get much better rooms for that money. Avoid.