Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$62
PricelineUS$62
eDreamsUS$62
TripadvisorUS$62
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2015

I arrived at this tiny village on my way to explore Gorges du Verdon area and there were five hotels around the square, so I entered hotel du Roc and was very happy with what I saw - a small hotel with an atmosphere, good food at the restaurant, welcoming staff (some are Portuguese, who immediately recognized my brazilian accent) and - the best - a reasonable price. The room and the bathroom were tiny, but comfortable. I ended up spending two nights there. Recommended!

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2014 via mobile

Hotel du Roc is a beautiful restaurant with tables scattered around a stunning water-fountain feature. Wine bottles bob in the water and at night the lights are turned on to illuminate the gigantic oak trees giving the place an ethereal feeling.
The menu is relatively expansive, but be prepared that the portions are not so. Of course every wine is beautiful, and the waiters are relatively nice. I can't speak for the inside, nor the hotel, but on the numerous occasions I have visited the restaurant I have left with a fully belly and very merry.

Date of stay: July 2014
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

After staying in 2 wonderful b&b (gites) in the Verdon area, my husband and I booked 2 nights at Hotel du Roc in Castellane. The location is good (but so is the location of ALL hotels in Castellane since it's a very small village). That's all the positive with it. We have a room om the first floor and I cannot sleep at all since I hear every word the guests in the downstairs restaurant say. And when they go to the bathroom (on the first floor) the hand dryer machine is literally 1,5 m from our bedroom door. It can not be recommended to anyone, I would probably sleep better in our car. Oh, and also, the window curtain is less them 0,5 mm thich so it will be very bright tomorrow. Book a gite instead!

Date of stay: August 2014
1  Thank KristinaE27
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Wanted to revisit the town of Castellane that I and the-to-be-wife visited 14 years ago. Looked for a budget 1 nighter and this came up. Got 2 rooms cheap and booked them. Well in the rooms...yup...budget BUT, good budget. I can recommend room 104...the only room with a balcony out towards the busy city square. Firm beds and wc/shower.

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank The_Oger
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in May ‘14. We wanted a reasonably priced yet comfortable place for one night on our way to Gorges du Verdon and to Moustieres. The Hotel du Roc (and Castellane, a surprisingly charming town) was a good choice. The hotel is in a very nice location on the main square, a short walk from free public parking. Pay parking is available right in front of the hotel. The hotel has a restaurant of its own, and others are an easy walk away.

Our room was on the first (American 2nd) floor (no lift) and was large and simply yet attractively furnished. There were two night stands, a small desk, a table, lounge chair, and an armoire. The low bed was comfortable but the pillows were thin and hard, something that is common in this part of France. The bathroom had been recently redone and was attractive. The shower worked well but the showerhead did not remain fixed in one position. The included wifi was very good.

We did not have breakfast in the restaurant, but the setting was attractive. The staff was efficient but not particularly friendly, though a minor complaint is that our bill included a charge for breakfast even though we had not chosen that option when we booked. This was quickly sorted out, however.

There are several other hotels in Castellane that looked larger and more modern (and probably more expensive) that might be more pleasant for longer stays, but we were very happy with the Hotel du Roc.

Date of stay: May 2014