Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$62
PricelineUS$62
eDreamsUS$62
TripadvisorUS$62
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 6, 2015

We were staying for a night in nearby La Garde but the restaurant there was full.
Drove back in to Castellane and found this nice wee restaurant just off the town square.
Service, food, presentation and wine were all really nice. Reasonably good value for money also.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2015 via mobile

We ate here because the menu in our hotel did not appeal, a lovely traditional French meal at avert reasonable price. Decent size portions, wine by the pichet, excellent prompt service and very good food. We would definitely go back if we stay in castellain again

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2015

I arrived at this tiny village on my way to explore Gorges du Verdon area and there were five hotels around the square, so I entered hotel du Roc and was very happy with what I saw - a small hotel with an atmosphere, good food at the restaurant, welcoming staff (some are Portuguese, who immediately recognized my brazilian accent) and - the best - a reasonable price. The room and the bathroom were tiny, but comfortable. I ended up spending two nights there. Recommended!

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2014 via mobile

Hotel du Roc is a beautiful restaurant with tables scattered around a stunning water-fountain feature. Wine bottles bob in the water and at night the lights are turned on to illuminate the gigantic oak trees giving the place an ethereal feeling.
The menu is relatively expansive, but be prepared that the portions are not so. Of course every wine is beautiful, and the waiters are relatively nice. I can't speak for the inside, nor the hotel, but on the numerous occasions I have visited the restaurant I have left with a fully belly and very merry.

Date of stay: July 2014
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

After staying in 2 wonderful b&b (gites) in the Verdon area, my husband and I booked 2 nights at Hotel du Roc in Castellane. The location is good (but so is the location of ALL hotels in Castellane since it's a very small village). That's all the positive with it. We have a room om the first floor and I cannot sleep at all since I hear every word the guests in the downstairs restaurant say. And when they go to the bathroom (on the first floor) the hand dryer machine is literally 1,5 m from our bedroom door. It can not be recommended to anyone, I would probably sleep better in our car. Oh, and also, the window curtain is less them 0,5 mm thich so it will be very bright tomorrow. Book a gite instead!

Date of stay: August 2014