“The word for the experience "Amazing"”
Review of Spirit House

Spirit House
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Yandina
Price range: US$18 - US$71
Cuisines: Thai, Australian, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I dined at Spirit House as a group of 4. Our table wasn't ready when we got there so we sat in the Bar Courtyard and had cocktails. A must try cocktail is the Lemongrass and Ginger Mojito - AMAZING. We chose to go for the $90 per head banquet, a decision we did not regret. It gives you a great opportunity to sample a variety of dishes and there's plenty of food but not too much. The Pork Belly entree - AMAZING; the Tamarind Fish and Duck curry with roasted beetroot??? - AMAZING and the Strawberry Meringue with Basil Ice Cream dessert - AMAZING. We were all unanimous in the favourite of the day - the Soup - AMAZING. Our only disappointment was the 2nd dessert of carrot cake which was dry. The service was impeccable, the setting is beautiful, all of the staff were wonderful - completely flawless in fact. I would have to say that this was the finest dining experience i've ever had.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,559)

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

First time Lunch visit. We had read and heard great things. Wasn't disappointed with the food although slightly on the expensive side, 5 king prawns in green curry was great but shouldn't be over $45. Must try the coconut and samon soup....awsome. Service was great and helpful but very slow. The excellent surroundings makes the wait go quickly. This place is more of an experience than just out for thai.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Fifth return visit to the Spirit House. Although it was good I don't believe it was great. We sat on stools across the front of the long house which was uncomfortable and the lighting was so bright we had to keep looking down. The tables were all fully booked so we couldn't be moved. I would suggest if you're booking make sure you definitely ask for a table! We ordered a banquet which cost around $90 per head but don't expect to walk out feeling full. One of the desserts was a carrot cake which was dry and not fantastic to be honest. I would definitely give it a go again but next time I would order off the menu.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

we stopped for lunch on a whim, I only knew about this restaurant as I'd done the cooking class here a few years ago which is amazing. We hadn't made a booking, they were so accommodating - finding us a table (lunchtime on a Wednesday so def book ahead) we had and entree and the deep fired Korean chicken for mains - I don't think Ill ever eat mainstream asian cuisine again. This place is a step up, the atmosphere and surroundings are just breathtaking, it is definitely worth a visit - quite pricey but you certainly get what you pay for. We'll be back

Reviewed April 1, 2018

The atmosphere, service and food were great.
We had the banquet at $115 pre person.
All courses were delicious.
There was a good wine selection.
I would recommend the spirit House.