See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I can't believe that people who gave this Apart-hotel a good review on Trip Advisor stayed in the same place as me. I'm really not that fussy but my heart sank when I arrived here. This hotel was noisier than my inner-city home in Dublin!! True, my room did kind of have a balcony with a view of the lake but in between was and just below was a really really busy main road with traffic roaring past. And the balcony was so dirty I wouldnt have gone out there anyway. On the other side it has a view of Lidl's carpark. The location is also a disaster without a car. You have to walk along the same busy road and most of the lake front is private property - the only spot I could find was a tiny jetty about 30 minutes walk from the hotel and I think it belonged to a club - I'm not sure I should have been there.

The room wasn't filthy but it definitely wasn't clean. The minute I walked in the door it smelled of stale food, combined with disinfectant. The walls were dirty (spilt coffee??) and everywhere was in need of a good clean - walls, skirting boards, window sills. I didn't fancy sitting on the sofa either. The bed was fine except it was underneath an attic roof so I everytime I sat up I banged my head.

I suppose I should have read my booking more carefully but because of the pictures I presumed there was a kitchenette - When I arrived this was covered with an ugly locked metal shutter. You have to pay an extra €15 / day for the use of that.

The guy in the reception, was relatively accomodating if not overly helpful- In that when I told him I wasnt staying the following morning, he didnt charge me for the following night even though I should've given 24 hours notice. Small mercies - I couldnt get out of there quick enough (another positive - There was also a beautiful lavendar border by the gateway. )

This is a real bottom of the scale, budget roadside motel which is not priced accordingly. Do not stay here unless you have a car, do not plan to spend any time here, do not have keen sense of smell, are a very heavy sleeper and dont mind the sound of traffic roaring past. Terrible.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back away from the road
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2010

this hotel is located just outside annecy . on main road ... busy road dont let this put you off, lovely views of lake . good hotel facilities ... roomy accomodation and mini kitchen, balcony or terrace . a couple restaurants within walkin distance. we ate in a lovely mexican 10 ins walk . major supamarket across road ..... cycle hire really cheap and access to cycle lanes around lake within 5 mins ..... hotel staff charming and made us feel very welcome !!!! would come back ... annecy beautiful .... good all round facilities !

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Its a nice hotel in good location. It works very well for travelers with car. And if you don't have car rent a bicycle to go around. Its fun experience if weather is good.
Only thing negative we had - breakfast is not so great for 9euros. Would rather get a coffee and croissant from any nearby place.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2009

We spent two nights at the Residel in Sévrier last July. It's very convenient if you have a car. Or if you have a bicycle, you could use the bike path that goes to Annecy, not too far (about 5 km). It might actually be faster to go to Annecy with your bicycle than your car, depending on the time of day, cause to road can get very busy.
It's a great location that can serve as a base to visit the beautiful city of Annecy, but also to visit all the little towns around the lake. Don't be fool if they tell you that you can see the lake from you room. Yes, you see it, but the hotel is not on the beach. But the room was fairly big and clean. We had a little kitchenette and also a small patio (we were on the first floor). Would not hesitate to recommend the Residel.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2009

Stayed 2 restful nights in the Hotel Residel. The Manager is dedicated to the comfort of his guests. We took a 'kitchen' unit. The room was moderately sized (double bed up and a pullout down). The rooms were clean and generally quite after the road noise died down.

Breakfast was fresh, ample and satisfying for the price. With indoor or outdoor seating. There are limited dining options within walking distance to the hotel.

A public beach is an easy walk. We rented bikes from the hotel for use on the local bike path, an day trip to the tourist trap of old town Annecy.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family