Hotel Beauregard(Sevrier)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Le Lac Bleu(Sevrier)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 31, 2011

The family and I booked a 6 person appartment here for 3 nights but left a day early... we would have left the first night if we could have found accomodation elsewhere earlier!
We had to keep our shoes on at all times in the appartment otherwise the soles of our feet looked as though they had been coloured in with charcoal. In the kitchen one of the cupboard doors was falling off it's hinges, the shelves were dirty. The cooker top was rusty and only a brave person would investigate too closely the amount of dust and grime behing the cooker! Stale water had been left in the kettle. The only clean item was the fridge.
The children complained that their single beds, which were either side of the entrance door, were uncomfortable and I believe them because the double bed that my husband and I slept was extremely uncomfortable... we had to cling to the edges of the matteress to prevent rolling into the centre of the bed. Hence... not a lot of sleep was had! There was no privacy in the main room where the double and sofa beds were because there weren't any curtains... just some viole material hung across the windows and french doors.
In the bathroom the door on the shower cubicle was also coming out of it's runner but the toilet was clean.
This is a motel rather than a hotel and I would not recommend it to anyone who wants to have a reasonable nights sleep or who wants a clean well maintained room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Shazhill
Reviewed August 24, 2011

The service was a standard one, the guy at the reception didn't speak english. Breakfast is too expensive for what it gives, in general the room was clean and quite big, there is a useful little kitchen, even though it's 4km from annecy and you will need a car. In general, I've found this hotel a bit "sad". You save some money respect to staying in annecy, but I believe you can find something better for the same price.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I can't believe that people who gave this Apart-hotel a good review on Trip Advisor stayed in the same place as me. I'm really not that fussy but my heart sank when I arrived here. This hotel was noisier than my inner-city home in Dublin!! True, my room did kind of have a balcony with a view of the lake but in between was and just below was a really really busy main road with traffic roaring past. And the balcony was so dirty I wouldnt have gone out there anyway. On the other side it has a view of Lidl's carpark. The location is also a disaster without a car. You have to walk along the same busy road and most of the lake front is private property - the only spot I could find was a tiny jetty about 30 minutes walk from the hotel and I think it belonged to a club - I'm not sure I should have been there.

The room wasn't filthy but it definitely wasn't clean. The minute I walked in the door it smelled of stale food, combined with disinfectant. The walls were dirty (spilt coffee??) and everywhere was in need of a good clean - walls, skirting boards, window sills. I didn't fancy sitting on the sofa either. The bed was fine except it was underneath an attic roof so I everytime I sat up I banged my head.

I suppose I should have read my booking more carefully but because of the pictures I presumed there was a kitchenette - When I arrived this was covered with an ugly locked metal shutter. You have to pay an extra €15 / day for the use of that.

The guy in the reception, was relatively accomodating if not overly helpful- In that when I told him I wasnt staying the following morning, he didnt charge me for the following night even though I should've given 24 hours notice. Small mercies - I couldnt get out of there quick enough (another positive - There was also a beautiful lavendar border by the gateway. )

This is a real bottom of the scale, budget roadside motel which is not priced accordingly. Do not stay here unless you have a car, do not plan to spend any time here, do not have keen sense of smell, are a very heavy sleeper and dont mind the sound of traffic roaring past. Terrible.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back away from the road
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2010

this hotel is located just outside annecy . on main road ... busy road dont let this put you off, lovely views of lake . good hotel facilities ... roomy accomodation and mini kitchen, balcony or terrace . a couple restaurants within walkin distance. we ate in a lovely mexican 10 ins walk . major supamarket across road ..... cycle hire really cheap and access to cycle lanes around lake within 5 mins ..... hotel staff charming and made us feel very welcome !!!! would come back ... annecy beautiful .... good all round facilities !

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Its a nice hotel in good location. It works very well for travelers with car. And if you don't have car rent a bicycle to go around. Its fun experience if weather is good.
Only thing negative we had - breakfast is not so great for 9euros. Would rather get a coffee and croissant from any nearby place.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple