“Pleasant enough for a couple of nights”
Review of Hotel Residel

Hotel Residel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Sevrier
Reviewed 22 February 2013

This hotel is a reasonable place for a couple of nights. The room was v small for our family of three, especially the tiny bathroom. But we did like the mezzanine arrangement with twin beds upstairs. Third bed was comfy sofabed downstairs. We didn't have breakfast there (there's an open-all-hours Lidl right next door) so we can't comment on that. Staff v pleasant and friendly. We hired bikes from friendly place just along the road. There's a wide & mostly off-road cycle path all the way into annecy, about 30 mins. You can also cycle to castle in opp direction. Annecy has a v pretty old town and a lovely lakeside setting with mountains all around. About 30 miins also by bike to castle. Hotel is right next to main road but we didn't find it too noisy eg to sleep. Views across rd to lake & mountains.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Threeberthcarriage
There are newer reviews for Hotel Residel

Reviewed 31 August 2011

The family and I booked a 6 person appartment here for 3 nights but left a day early... we would have left the first night if we could have found accomodation elsewhere earlier!
We had to keep our shoes on at all times in the appartment otherwise the soles of our feet looked as though they had been coloured in with charcoal. In the kitchen one of the cupboard doors was falling off it's hinges, the shelves were dirty. The cooker top was rusty and only a brave person would investigate too closely the amount of dust and grime behing the cooker! Stale water had been left in the kettle. The only clean item was the fridge.
The children complained that their single beds, which were either side of the entrance door, were uncomfortable and I believe them because the double bed that my husband and I slept was extremely uncomfortable... we had to cling to the edges of the matteress to prevent rolling into the centre of the bed. Hence... not a lot of sleep was had! There was no privacy in the main room where the double and sofa beds were because there weren't any curtains... just some viole material hung across the windows and french doors.
In the bathroom the door on the shower cubicle was also coming out of it's runner but the toilet was clean.
This is a motel rather than a hotel and I would not recommend it to anyone who wants to have a reasonable nights sleep or who wants a clean well maintained room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Shazhill
Reviewed 24 August 2011

The service was a standard one, the guy at the reception didn't speak english. Breakfast is too expensive for what it gives, in general the room was clean and quite big, there is a useful little kitchen, even though it's 4km from annecy and you will need a car. In general, I've found this hotel a bit "sad". You save some money respect to staying in annecy, but I believe you can find something better for the same price.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I can't believe that people who gave this Apart-hotel a good review on Trip Advisor stayed in the same place as me. I'm really not that fussy but my heart sank when I arrived here. This hotel was noisier than my inner-city home in Dublin!! True, my room did kind of have a balcony with a view of the lake but in between was and just below was a really really busy main road with traffic roaring past. And the balcony was so dirty I wouldnt have gone out there anyway. On the other side it has a view of Lidl's carpark. The location is also a disaster without a car. You have to walk along the same busy road and most of the lake front is private property - the only spot I could find was a tiny jetty about 30 minutes walk from the hotel and I think it belonged to a club - I'm not sure I should have been there.

The room wasn't filthy but it definitely wasn't clean. The minute I walked in the door it smelled of stale food, combined with disinfectant. The walls were dirty (spilt coffee??) and everywhere was in need of a good clean - walls, skirting boards, window sills. I didn't fancy sitting on the sofa either. The bed was fine except it was underneath an attic roof so I everytime I sat up I banged my head.

I suppose I should have read my booking more carefully but because of the pictures I presumed there was a kitchenette - When I arrived this was covered with an ugly locked metal shutter. You have to pay an extra €15 / day for the use of that.

The guy in the reception, was relatively accomodating if not overly helpful- In that when I told him I wasnt staying the following morning, he didnt charge me for the following night even though I should've given 24 hours notice. Small mercies - I couldnt get out of there quick enough (another positive - There was also a beautiful lavendar border by the gateway. )

This is a real bottom of the scale, budget roadside motel which is not priced accordingly. Do not stay here unless you have a car, do not plan to spend any time here, do not have keen sense of smell, are a very heavy sleeper and dont mind the sound of traffic roaring past. Terrible.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back away from the road
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2010

this hotel is located just outside annecy . on main road ... busy road dont let this put you off, lovely views of lake . good hotel facilities ... roomy accomodation and mini kitchen, balcony or terrace . a couple restaurants within walkin distance. we ate in a lovely mexican 10 ins walk . major supamarket across road ..... cycle hire really cheap and access to cycle lanes around lake within 5 mins ..... hotel staff charming and made us feel very welcome !!!! would come back ... annecy beautiful .... good all round facilities !

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Its a nice hotel in good location. It works very well for travelers with car. And if you don't have car rent a bicycle to go around. Its fun experience if weather is good.
Only thing negative we had - breakfast is not so great for 9euros. Would rather get a coffee and croissant from any nearby place.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2009

We spent two nights at the Residel in Sévrier last July. It's very convenient if you have a car. Or if you have a bicycle, you could use the bike path that goes to Annecy, not too far (about 5 km). It might actually be faster to go to Annecy with your bicycle than your car, depending on the time of day, cause to road can get very busy.
It's a great location that can serve as a base to visit the beautiful city of Annecy, but also to visit all the little towns around the lake. Don't be fool if they tell you that you can see the lake from you room. Yes, you see it, but the hotel is not on the beach. But the room was fairly big and clean. We had a little kitchenette and also a small patio (we were on the first floor). Would not hesitate to recommend the Residel.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevrier
2.6 km away
4.4 km away
Les Acacias Bellevue
Les Acacias Bellevue
#2 of 3 in Veyrier-Du-Lac

Been to Hotel Residel? Share your experiences!