US$139
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

Aveda Kumarakom(Kumarakom)
US$129
US$90
Abad Whispering Palms Lake Resort(Kumarakom)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$62
Coconut Creek Farm and Homestay(Kumarakom)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$23
Agoda.com
Illikkalam Lakeside Cottages(Kumarakom)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

US$224
US$215
  • Free Breakfast
All reviewstable decorationsstayed for four nightscurry leaveshis teamsister propertyboat tripfelt like royaltyheaven on earthmarari beachpeace and quietr rbeautiful propertyoutdoor bathroomdelicious foodvembanad lakebabuveranda
Reviewed May 19, 2017

“One of the top three places we’ve stayed in… ever,” was how my darling described Vismaya and I agree completely. It’s an oasis and, as was the case with most of our experiences in Kerala, it’s as much about the people as the surrounds. Vinod, our host/stylist has an acute eye for detail and his table decorations, made from flowers and leaves in the garden, are quite something. Chef Babu went out of his way to satisfy our desire for local cuisine (and still handled some continental options for our fellow travellers) and the entire staff were a bundle of smiles and neatness that made for a perfect end to two weeks of heat, humidity and exploration. The house is beautifully restored and redesigned so it’s heritage, but with an airiness we didn’t find elsewhere. From the rimflow pool to the loungers, the bedroom and the amazing ‘bath-garden’, it’s really hard to fault the Vismaya experience. We were lucky that the local clam fishermen decided that the lake waters directly in front of us were their happy hunting ground for our stay, so waking up early and watching them go about their business at sunrise was rather special. And if you’re into birds, between woodpeckers, purple sunbirds and Brahminy kites, you’ll be in twitcher heaven. We were travelling as a trio, and I can’t imagine what it would be like to share the space with another couple, although I’m sure the staff would make it feel entirely normal. Still, I’d opt for the exclusive option and take the whole place for yourselves: it’s the kind of experience best enjoyed in your own company. Unforgettable.

Room Tip: Book the whole place just for yourselves!
Reviewed May 17, 2017

I planned a family holiday to surprise my mom-in-law for her 60th birthday but this turned out to be the best gift to myself. I have had the good fortune to stay in some stunning hotels around the world but this was so uniquely beautiful. The privacy is unparalleled, surrounded by the lake on 3 sides with only the fishermen for company. The villa is luxurious and every item is well appointed and the service is top notch. It was the first holiday for my husband and I and as first time parents we were a little anxious about traveling with a 4 month old infant. But Vinod and his team took care of all my needs that included an infant cot, boiled water, washing the baby's bottles etc. Chef Babu's food was so delicious that I've had to enrol in a gym again to lose that holiday weight. The plating of the food was fantastic. I'm not a fan of taking pictures of my food ..eat it don't tweet it. But Vinod's craft deserved documenting. My only feedback would be to have one toilet inside the house if possible. So when it rains and there are thunderstorms like the ones we witnessed, one doesn't have to brave the rain and lightning to get to the loo. Admittedly, it's only a few steps from the room but it would be good to have that option. It was R&R in every possible way and I'm certain I'll visit soon.

Room Tip: Both rooms are perfect. One has twin beds which they joined and one's a king sized bed.
Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

This is an amazingly beautiful place and is so well worth coming to just chill out. We started our mornings but watching the sunrise as clam fisherman worked in their small boats in the morning light.
My children just loved the area and especially the pool. They loved chasing the fireflies, cooking with the chef and fishing in the pond.
The staff are brilliant and I could not recommend it any higher.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2017

The translation of the Malayalam word Vismaya in English is Amazing. The owners could not have chosen a more appropriate name for this private retreat on the banks of the Vembanad lake in Gods Own Country- Kerala. Its Heaven on Earth
With Just one traditional style building, in a fairly large compound, its very well maintained and has only only two rooms. Except for the sound of chirping of birds and a rare motor boat passing by, the noise level is Zero. There is plenty of greenery around . Coconut palms , mango trees full of fruits, Lovely lawns , some sand patches, hammocks, a private swimming pool , what more should one want and to crown it all, they do not have TVs in the rooms.Internet is available, but use it only if you must.Just lie back and enjoy the pristine surroundings. The early morning sunrise is spectacular.The sights of a flotilla of small boats in the lake early in the mornings harvesting clams is such a wonderful sight.Keep your camera handy all the while. Hospitality is excellent. Vinod Joseph the outstanding caretaker , Babu the Chef and the support team of both the Anithas, Ravi, Simi, and Shiji make an unforgettable team. They are available all the while and take care of every requirement with a smile. One cannot pick holes anywhere.
Just give Chef Babu an hour and he can dish out a spectacular spread, presented so wonderfully.
There is no clutter and more than adequate ventilation all around.
The open air garden baths are unique in their own way and so designed as to afford more than adequate privacy.
For those who enjoy the rains and get a feel of the Monsoons breaking into Kerala, there can be no better location. We witnessed heavy rains and a spectacular thunderstorm while we stayed here.
The building has a Nalukettu which is part of the traditional Kerala building architecture. Rain pouring into the Nalukettu through the opening in the roof is an unforgettable experience.
We spent four nights at Vismaya. Did not want to leave.Would be back before long.

Room Tip: There are just two rooms Its a private family getaway
4  Thank ranjankanthy
Reviewed April 30, 2017

This was our third visit to Vismaya in consecutive years. What else is there to say? Blissful location, stylish accommodation, incredible food and a wonderful team of people who look after guests.

We stayed for nine nights and it provided a much needed break from our usual hectic city existences.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family