“An awesome stay in a calm and serene place!”
Review of Paradise Resorts

Paradise Resorts
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Kumarakom
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Paradise resorts was the place we chose for our family trip. The place didn't disappoint us and it was very calm and serene overlooking the Vembanad Lake. The staff were very courteous. The entire stay was a pleasant experience

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Adeline J

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

A neat and cosy place tucked in the backwaters of Kumarakom Kerala. The cottages are clean well maintained. The surroundings are well kept, the greenery is nourished.
The services are good, no interference from anyone. We had a great time. The pool was also excellent, location superb overlooking the backwaters. The food is made to our tastes as we want it done
A good place to unwind with friends and family. And besides it is economic and worth the money spend. Would definitely go there again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank George S
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

I have stayed this hotel for a night with my family. Rooms are pretty old but clean. Staff are friendly, helpful and service oriented. Found only a small breakfast room and less variety of food, taste wise just ok.
Hotel need overall renovation due to years of existence. Though located on the Lake only couple of cottage are Lake facing!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank JAASSK
Reviewed 20 May 2017

Firstly, the place is stunning. It has individual row house adjacent to each other, creating an independent bungalow feel. When you wake up, its the garden in front with the beautiful backwaters just touching your feet. Make your self a cup of tea/coffee and your morning is great.

What I loved about this is the customer service. There was an issue with my Travel agent who refused to provide me some service. The manager was so courteous that he assured me and my family that he will deal with them directly. I mean that is customer service!!! Be rest assured here. The staff takes care of you well.

Room Tip: Try opting for the room that has a backwater view.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank hungrygirlnextdoor
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

It was my first visit to Kumarakom. I was confused with the numerous resort options available at Kumarakom. After scrutinizing the long list, I got a good deal from MakeMyTrip for Paradise.

Paradise resort is situated along the same stretch where other big resorts like Zuri and Backwater Ripples are located. Comparing the sizes of these resorts, Paradise is not huge, but is build cute and tidy. It is a small commute from Kumarakom boat jetty. If you are planning to travel from Kottayam via bus, get a bus to Cherthala and get down at Kumarakom boat jetty.

Paradise is a great pick if you wish to stay out of all life clutters and just relax ! It is situated besides the Vembanad lake and you can spend all time looking at the lake and the house boats floating on it. The cottage I booked was spacious enough and was maintained well. The staff were happy to help and had pleasing personalities. Resort has a good pool overlooking the lake and play area for kids. The restaurant was good with it's food quality and service. I felt that the prices were bit on a higher side comparing the food quantity.

One downside of most of the resorts in Kumarakom may be the lack of local exploration options. I felt the same with Paradise too. But for a weekend family gateway with budget wallet, I feel that Paradise is a great choice.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nitin6
Reviewed 29 January 2017

1) There was frequent light cut. It would although come back within 2 mins. But once I was taking a walk outside at night and suddenly it was dark all around. Might be scary for children and people who do not like dark.

2) No housekeeping staff available after 5:00PM. This was very weird for me. At 7:30PM I called the reception for cleaning my room and they said that there is no housekeeping staff available at this time. So I begged them to atleast change the cover of my bed sheet, and so then they sent 2 people to do just that.

3) Pool is very very small. There were a group of guys(5 to 6 people) who were drinking and playing in the pool. So I never really got a chance to step inside the pool to enjoy it. Ridiculous

4) No maintainance for pest control, insects all around. If you love insects, then you will love the place.

5) Lizards and lizards, everywhere. Lizards of different size and variety. I hate lizards, especially if it is inside my room.

6) There is not much option for houseboat or speedboat in the hotel. I stayed for 3 days and it was all booked. They have i think only 2 houseboat option available and they said they would need to hire speedboat from outside, which will cost you more.

7) You can view through the main door (wooden door). You can see from outside to inside, if lights are on and from inside to outside. All wooden doors have either shrunk or widened or whatsoever.

8) Wifi not working for more than 24 hours. There wifi was broken down as well.

9) Door lock broken. The door lock at top and bottom was broken. We asked them to fix but they dint. Ultimately we had to change the room again. Hectic

10) At evening/night when you go out to sit in the open area to watch the backwater, they block it by their houseboat. The resort has a very small/limited view of the back water. That also they are blocking by their own houseboat. There is no enough place to sit in that area. Only two chairs are kept. This was very annoying.

11) At checkout time, when we called the reception to send somebody to carry our luggage, nobody showed up. We waited for 5 mins and then carried the luggage to the car ourselves.

12) The hotel is not a huge property. It wont take you even 30 mins to go through it. I have no idea about the houseboats as I did not get a chance to go inside it.

13) Restaurant food is ok. Nothing extra ordinary or tasty. But ok. Breakfast was not complimentary.

14) WE took massage for 30 mins package. I took face and neck massage. Face was ok but neck massage but excellent. My husband took back and leg massage. He was extremely satisfied. I think the lady who did my massage was in a hurry to go back home so she left me before 5 mins. the massages costs 800rs per massage. Ladies and gents room different.

15) No indoor or outdoor games available. You might get bored with nothing to do in the hotel.

Room Tip: Any room is fine.The room to lake side is preferable. But Why r u on holiday if you have to stay ins...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Ankita B
Reviewed 26 January 2017

Paradise Resort is located in Kumarakom next to backwater. The rooms comprise of individual cottages which are well furnished. There is a verandah with a table and couple of chairs. One can sit on the verandah and enjoy the serene backwater lake which provide a sense of calmness. This hotel is good for honeymoon couples or couples who are traveling without children. Activities are not available for children.

Breakfast is excellent although the staff at the restaurant try to restrict quantity. However, if you ask for additional helpings they do provide and straight away ask for tea or coffee indicating that breakfast is restricted.

We enjoyed a shikara boat ride for couple of hours. The Resort also provides houseboats with kitchen

We did enjoy our stay here and do not mind returning.

Room Tip: Best view room is Lake villa cottage. One can see the lake from inside the room. Only 2 rooms have s...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple