It's a nice lake facing hotel with large rooms and extraordinary staff.
The best part of the hotel is the lawn next to pool one can spend a lifetime sitting there and watching the lake/birds/sunset it's actually beautiful. The restaurant was nice the food was as average as you get across karela. (I am quite saddened by the food quality across Kerala).
We stayed at the duplex room which had two double beds and two toilets whic is a big plus if you are traveling with kids it was like having two rooms to yourself.
Checkin was smooth.
Staff is well trained.
It does not look like a 5/4star but there is a definate charm about this place.
Nothing much for kids except a good pool and one broken TT table.
Cons: Kerala food, wifi is paid even in this expensive property and worse it's available only in the lobby area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Backwater Ripples offers 34 luxury independent cottages in a variety of styles to cater various requirements. The accommodation is spacious, private and superbly appointed with state of the art designer amenities and personalized services. The resort has wide range of facilities to make sure a comfort and memorable stay in our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Backwater Ripples reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Backwater Ripples Hotel Kumarakom
- Backwater Ripples Hotel Kottayam
- Backwater Ripples Kottayam
- Backwater Ripples Kumarakom, Kerala