All reviewsswimming poollake viewsunset cruisewatch towerspeed boatcomplimentary boat ridenice propertycultural programmehouse boatrestaurant staffother resortsbreakfast spreadthe resort offerscourteous staffan upgradeback watersrelaxing stay
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

A good place to spend with family. Restaurent is very good.
Staff are corteous. Pool is good. But water is not that good. May be because of improper treatment. Family villa is a good choice for small family.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Skarunakaran, COO at Backwater Ripples, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our property, your comments are very much valued. I have already taken up your suggestion with my Engineering team to ensure that the water quality is maintained.
Once again Thank you very much for your kind words about our Team & the Resort, and we certainly look forward to being of service again when you next stay with us.
Warm Regards
Satheesh.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

The property is situated at a great location. The rooms are well built and maintained as well. The staff at the reception was quite friendly and helpful. We were upgraded to 'Luxury Villas' from 'Premium Patio Rooms' for free. The Villas were quiet spacious and good. The villas on the 1st Floor has a special open-to-sky bathing areas where you can enjoy bathing in the rains. The view from the hotel was superb.

There was some upgradation work going on in the hotel when we stayed so it was a lot of disturbance and we weren't able to sleep/rest peacefully. Also, there was some glitch and someone knocked at the door twice-thrice when we were sleeping in the evening.

The food is quite good in the south-Indian cuisine. The cons about the restaurant is they are very strict with the timings. We reached the hotel at 15:05 HRS and the lunch closed at 15:00 HRS and so we were denied lunch.

In all a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Go for the Lake View Rooms if you want a nice view. Go for Luxury Villas if you want quieter rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Skarunakaran, COO at Backwater Ripples, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to hear that you find our location & property to your liking. I will share your comments with Front office Team for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome for all our Guests

We sincerely apologize for any disturbances you encountered. We are in the process of renovating our hotel, and unfortunately that does mean that there will be some noise on weekdays between the hours of 9 am and 5:30 pm. Please visit us again and experience the transformation for yourself!
It is quite unfortunate to hear from you that you did not have a good experience at the restaurant. I will definitely take this up with my team and make sure such things do not occur again in the future.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and would request you to write to me directly whenever you plan your next trip, I am very confident that we will turn your experience around this time.

Look forward to welcome you back with us

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed August 25, 2017

I had been to Back water ripples with family, i would recommend this place to anyone who want to see the beauty of Kerala. It has very good ambiance, clean/luxury rooms and awesome swimming pool & guide. Also they had free boat ride and cultural events for all the guests in the evening. Food is delicious and break fast was full continental. Over all a full pledged five start treat and best place to relax with nice water front view.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are best suitable
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Skarunakaran, COO at Backwater Ripples, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our property, your comments are very much valued. It is great to hear, that you have enjoyed the stay with us, we certainly look forward to being of service again when you next stay with us.

Warm regards

Reviewed August 20, 2017

If you are looking for the best lake views, this is the place to be. An ideal place for under Rs 10,000. Its comparatively a 'no frills’ resort. All the other high charging resorts are also located just along the same road, in just few kilometres, so there is absolutely no difference in the view of the lake and boat cruise etc. They also have a beautiful infinity pool right on the waters edge. Service too was welcoming, polite and prompt,

I’m just back after a stay in Kumarakom Lake Resort, which is one of the most highly rated (charged) resorts in Kumarakom, which is why I’m writing this review for Backwater ripples, albeit my stay was here on 30th March 2017 for just one day. I realised that this place is the best if you are planning to be at Kumarakom, for more than one day.

So far in Kumarakom, I've stayed with family for weekends at Taj Vivanta, Zuri Kumarakom, CoConut Lagoon, Backwater Ripples and Kumarakom Lake Resort, and I feel this place should be a good choice for a stay longer than the weekend getaways.

The gist of my review is, stay here and then if you want to have a feel of the other more expensive neighbours, go there just for a lunch or dinner.

Room Tip: Super best views in rooms closest to the infinity pool, I think 117 n 118
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Skarunakaran, COO at Backwater Ripples, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our property, your comments are very much valued and it was an absolute delight to read about your feedback

It is great to hear, that you have enjoyed the stay with us Once again “Thank you very much” for your kind words about our team and the resort, and we certainly look forward to being of service again when you next stay with us.
Warm regards

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

It's a beautifully maintained property by the backwaters. The view is fantastic. I would suggest you to take the luxury honeymoon rooms or the first room in the category premium. They have a great view and face the backwaters. Take a stroll in the evening or visit the spa, to relax from the busy city life. The brochure mentions a wine and beer lounge but it was not available when we visited. I was not quite impressed by the F&B specially the breakfast but the service is impeccable.
Overall you would love the place for the price you pay as it is moderately priced when compared to other hotels around with similar view. It is definitely worth a visit.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
It is quite unfortunate to hear from you that you did not have a good experience with our breakfast services. I will definitely take this up with my Culinary team and make sure that there is a marked difference in our breakfast Menu.
It is great to hear, that you have enjoyed our Services I will share your comments with our Team for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and tasty cuisine to all our Guests and we certainly look forward to being of service again when you next stay with us.

Warmest Regards,