We booked 4 delux cottages and 1 presedential suite with pool for a total of 4 nights in Feb 2012.
Pros: Its a beautifully designed property by the lake and all the cottages are along the man made lagoon of the resort. The staff is polite. The rooms are clean and large. The infinity pool is gorgeous. They provide bicycles for quick movement. The spa is relaxing.
Cons: Food is unappetizing. We craved for good food by the end. Service is extremely slow and at times not given ( i had asked for a knife to cut fruits for my kid which never came). Never got wi-fi in my room. Called for technician 3 times and then gave up when no one showed up. For room service we were served in cheap faded cutlery. when we spoke to the GM in our room he was apologetic and gave us a gorgeous seafood dinner. However the same night the AC in our room conked off at 12am and we had to pack and shift rooms with an infant! There's really nothing to do at the resort except go for a dirty spider infested paddle boat ride...apart from the paid activities they have in Kumarakom in general. Entertainment during dinner is so poor. Sheets were not changed during housekeeping, just re-used even if they were visibly dirty. empty Water bottles were never replaced automatically, we had to keep requesting. ANY service just took FOREVER. At that price we should get the world and more!
OVERALL: NOT A 5 STAR EXPERIENCE. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IF THATS WHAT U R LOOKING FOR.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If heaven was a place on earth, it would be on the banks of a breathtaking Vembanad Lake that spreads serenely over 205 square kilometres of picture perfect beauty. And it is. Set in 18 verdant acres on the shores of the Vembanad Lake and just 2 hours from the Cochin International Airport, The Zuri Kumarakom Kerala, Resort & Spa is a five–star deluxe spa resort in Kumarakom, set at the heart of the beautiful Southern state of Kerala–fondly referred to as ‘God’s Own Country’. Standing directly beside the Lake, this Kerala resort offers spacious living–dining rooms, traditional Indian–style bedrooms and individual gardens with private plunge pools.Opened in 2006, The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa is the winner of the 2007 and 2008 ‘Best Resort Spa Hotel in India’ title. Home to the largest spa in South India, Maya Spa offers not only western and oriental therapies but also authentic Ayurvedic practices at our resort in Kerala. The distinctive Body Temple, picturesquely situated on an island in the centre of the lagoon, is the perfect location for yoga, meditation or simply quiet contemplation.The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa is perfect for an extended break with its idyllic location and world–class amenities. The hotel offers many leisure options, including a large swimming pool with water–spouting elephant sculptures and a luxury spa in Kumarakom with Ayurvedic treatments. The Lime Tree, Laguna Bass and Trunk Call Bar serve very good Indian and international cuisine. Experience the heavenly beauty of Kumarakom in all its tranquil glory. Recreated and preserved to awaken every sense… to experience pure bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Zuri Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zuri Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Zuri Kumarkom Hotel Kumarakom
- Zuri Kumarkom Kumarakom
- Radisson Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Radisson
- The Zuri Kumarakom Kerala