“First Quality Shows”

King's Wharf Theatre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Nestled within Discovery Harbour on Georgian Bay, the King's Wharf Theatre is a pleasantly rustic, 385-seat venue that offers all the comforts of a modern facility. Flanked by the historic buildings of a 19th-century British naval and military base, the theatre is located at the end of a beautiful boardwalk that looks on to the homeport of replica ships H.M.S. Bee and H.M.S. Tecumseth. A visit to the King's Wharf Theatre takes only 45 minutes from Barrie and Orillia, or just over an hour from Collingwood. While in the area, explore the communities of Penetanguishene and Midland, which offer unique shops and dining establishments. You'll also want to discover such treasures as Ontario's first European Community at Sainte-Marie among the Hurons.
Reviewed 15 December 2015

I have attended several performances at the King's Wharf and enjoyed them all immensely. The Theatre itself sits on the waterfront and the grounds are beautiful. All the seating is audience friendly. I would highly recommend a visit.

DraytonEnt, Public Relations Manager at King's Wharf Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

Thank you for the positive review about the King's Wharf Theatre. We are so happy you enjoyed your recent experience and appreciate your ongoing support. We look forward to seeing you out in Penetanguishene for another great year of live theatre!

Allan Babor
Marketing & Development Associate
Drayton Entertainment

Reviewed 15 October 2015

Been three times this summer. Enjoyed all our shows but especially Legends. Location fabulous, on the water. Restaurant on the grounds. Not a bad seat in the house. Looking forward to next years offerings.

DraytonEnt, Marketing & Development Associate at King's Wharf Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

Thank you for your review. We are so glad you enjoy the productions, especially Legends … of Rock ‘n’ Roll, and your experiences at the King’s Wharf Theatre!

Reviewed 29 August 2015

We have for years now been a contributor to Drayton Theater at Kings Warf and have enjoyed every performance. We love the venue on the shores of Georgian Bay in the heart of Cottage Country. There is not a bad seat in the house and the staff of primarily young volunteers are wonderful. There is a young lady that plays the violin at the entrance that is simply amazing. This is must place to visit and enjoy top notch little theater.

DraytonEnt, Marketing & Development Associate at King's Wharf Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2015

Thank you for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your experience at the King’s Wharf Theatre!

Reviewed 25 August 2015

It's my 3rd summer now going to shows here--I recently saw the "Legends of Rock 'n Roll" and loved it. I am constantly surprised by just how good the Drayton Shows are. The level of talent is ridiculously good. The venue is new and beautifully situated on the water. Pick a hot night and go with your friends. You won't be disappointed.

Thank you for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed the Legends … of Rock ‘n’ Roll and your experience at the King’s Wharf Theatre!

Reviewed 24 August 2015

The theatre is in a wonderful location and I do confirm there isn't a bad seat in the house. The problem is the stairs getting up to your seats with no handrails and no elevator or assistance to the top. I am disabled and walk with a cane and found it very stressful. We saw others having difficulty as well trying not to fall and get into their seats. There is a stairway at the top back which we were not told about when I asked if there was a better way to our seats. We found out when we got there. It leads outside and at least, while steep, it has a handrail. The seats are adequate although a number of patrons I spoke to complained about the comfort. My friends and I do 5 or 6 plays a year at Dunfield and St. Jacobs Theatres and take all my grandchildren to the Xmas shows and never disappointed. I realize this is an older establishment but there should be better information available with specific notes about each theatres accessibility. They aren't all the same. I couldn't even see where the wheelchair access was. Another disappointment was when I was in handicapped parking and was standing out with my cane the "shuttle" driver ignored me and went to the top parking lot to pick up and deliver people quite capable of walking. I don't expect assistance all the time but it was a very long walk from the end of the road to the theatre.

1  Thank Mitzy570

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience at the King’s Wharf Theatre. Your concerns will be shared with management and addressed.