Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Play

Staff very friendly and helpful. Very accommodating with seating as I have a disability. Shows are... read more

Reviewed January 7, 2020
MaryAnn B
via mobile
King's Wharf - professional shows

A quaint small town theatre on majestic Georgian Bay with big city actors. Our best kept secret... read more

Reviewed November 5, 2019
Kim R
Penetanguishene, Canada
via mobile

All reviews georgian bay actors shows play panto
Selected filters
Reviewed September 24, 2018

This senior completed 76 trips around the Sun and what better way to celebrate than attending the Kings & Queens of Country. It was a very pleasant day One would say this is a " WOW TROUPE" Thanks for a great day

Date of experience: September 2018
DraytonEnt, Public Relations Manager at King's Wharf Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2018

Happy Birthday! We so glad that we could a part of your special day. We really enjoying hearing from our guests after they attend a performance at any of our venues. To top it off it sounds like you had a great time at Kings & Queen of Country.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Last Friday evening, I went with 4 friends to see Kings & Queens of Country by Drayton Entertainment here. What a fabulous show and what a wonderful little intimate theatre this is. It's part of Discovery Harbour so there's plenty of parking close by. I don't know much about acoustics, but I do know that there was something about it at this theatre because the music and singing were clear and crisp with appropriate amount of bass and treble.
The show was great. Okay, so at first I wasn't that keen on going as I'm not an old C&W fan, but from the opening number (Folsom Prison Blues, part of the Johnny Cash Medley), I was tapping my foot all the way through many of the familiar tunes. Well except the Kings of Country medley as I didn't really recognize many of the artists here - I am old, but not that old LOL!! From the Queens of Country, it was the newer older stuff that I recognized if you know what I mean, like Loretta Lynn. Then it was a string of very familiar tunes from artists that had record breaking album sales - Roger Miller, Merle Haggard and Hank Williams to name a few. Act 2 started with John Denver, went through some bluegrass, the stylings of Glen Campbell and "May the Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose" by J. Sean Elliott was hilarious. Then it was on to the tunes of Waylon Jennings, Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton and more. I loved the nod to Country Gospel, and soon the show finished with a rousing medley of everyone's favourites. For an opening night, I saw no flaws or mistakes, and have to give a high five to the performers, in particular Stacey Kay who I could have listened to all day! When the creator/director Alex Mustakas came out to introduce the performance, he said that there are 2 kinds of music in this world - country, and western :D . But even if you feel there's other music in this world, you would still have a stomping good time here.

Date of experience: September 2018
DraytonEnt, Public Relations Manager at King's Wharf Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Wow! It sounds like you had an amazing time at the theatre last Friday. It's also great to hear that the show won you over, even thought you aren't a big fan of the genre it sounds like you truly enjoyed the music. We appreciate you taking the time to share you thoughts on this production. And we hope to entertain you again soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2018

we love this place., we try to go at least once a summer and this time we got there 2x's....all seats are great and very comfy

Date of experience: August 2018

We are glad you love coming to King's Wharf Theatre, and that you were able to visit us twice this summer. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, and like to hear that guests are enjoying the new seats.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

Great location, beautiful theater and a great production of Hairspray. It will be a go to place every summer.

Date of experience: August 2018
DraytonEnt, Public Relations Manager at King's Wharf Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Glad you enjoyed Hairspray, and the area surrounding the theatre. We think the combination of location and the productions make for a special day. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the theatre.

Reviewed August 18, 2018

If you are looking to see some Awesome Theatre with talented actors and some laughs
and music. Give this place a try. They usually have 4 shows a season and a variety of
plays from musicals to comedy It is well worth the Drive to see this great Talent.
We have been season ticket holders for 18 years and look forward to each year,

Date of experience: August 2018
DraytonEnt, Public Relations Manager at King's Wharf Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on King's Wharf Theatre, and for being such a supporter of the theatre. It's great to hear that we have been entertaining you for the years you've been subscribers. It sounds like you enjoy your time in the theatre. We look forward to your next visit.