Just returned from a lovely night at this resort and have mostly positive reviews to report. The moment we walked in we were warmly greeted by the receptionist. She was extremely friendly and helpful. Next we went to our room which I found to be rustic and cozy. It really gave me the true cottage country experience. My only complaint was that our tv only had 3 channels and the internet was down.
We then enjoyed the use of their pool and hot tub and were glad that we had the area to ourselves. We took a peek at the gym and were quite satisfied with their equipment as well
Now for those who complained about the trains passing through- we barely heard them and they were nowhere near the disturbance which they were made out to be. However, we were in one of the cottages facing the lake so your best bet would to request one of these if you're concerned about the noise.
Overall this was a great getaway and we will definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stanton family has provided six generations of friendly hospitality, fabulous dining, extensive recreation and beautiful vistas along the shores of Sparrow Lake since the late 1880's at this four-season resort village. Enjoy supervised children’s programs, indoor and outdoor pools, sandy beach, exercise gym, water sports, spa services, tennis, biking, hiking, and golf nearby. Experience Ontario winter activities; snow shoeing, cross-country skiing, skating, sleigh rides and snowmobile tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity.ca and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bayview Wildwood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Wildwood Hotel Severn Bridge
- Bayview Wildwood Resort Severn Bridge, Ontario