I was so excited about spending 3 nights at this lovely resort which has wonderful amenities, lovely rooms and friendly staff. Unfortunately, what I wasn't told was that freight trains run through their property all through the night and during the day. The tracks ran within 150 feet of my bedroom and literally shook the room. On my first and last night at the resort, I counted 9 trains between 12:30 am and early morning. Each train took between 5 and 10 minutes to pass by my window, honking its horn and screeching along the tracks. As lovely as it is, at the water's edge, there is nothing tranquil or peaceful about this location. After being up all night, I went to the front desk and their response to my train inquiry was they were quite aware of it. They allowed me to cancel the second and third night of my stay and they refused to give me a full or partial refund for my sleepless night. They invited me to spend the rest of the day and use their facilities. FYI: Ear plugs won't help!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stanton family has provided six generations of friendly hospitality, fabulous dining, extensive recreation and beautiful vistas along the shores of Sparrow Lake since the late 1880's at this four-season resort village. Enjoy supervised children’s programs, indoor and outdoor pools, sandy beach, exercise gym, water sports, spa services, tennis, biking, hiking, and golf nearby. Experience Ontario winter activities; snow shoeing, cross-country skiing, skating, sleigh rides and snowmobile tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Bayview Wildwood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Wildwood Hotel Severn Bridge
- Bayview Wildwood Resort Severn Bridge, Ontario