We went up for a weekend in November and this is such a charming resort! It's 2 hours from downtown Toronto. We stopped in Orillia on the way up and also drove to Gravenhurst - the resort is between the two towns. The staff were really friendly and welcoming. There is an indoor pool! We didn't realize there was and didn't bring out bathing suits.
We had a suite facing the lake and beach. The fireplace made for a cozy afternoon. I enjoyed the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom too - very relaxing.
Best of all: THE FOOD. Amazing. We didn't know what to expect and we were blown away by the dinner we had in Echo Dining Room. We would make the drive up again just for a taste of that delicious food.
The only downfalls: trains in the night...right outside our bedroom window - woke us up a few times. However, we forgot all about it the next day and thought fondly of the resort and the staff. I ordered a glass of wine at dinner and got a HUGE glass of wine. I was pleased until the bill came - I was given a 9 oz glass (I wasn't asked if that's what I wanted) and it was $15 + tax + tip. When I asked about it the bartender said I could "fill in a comment card because everyone complains about the wine prices." What she should do is ask if you want 6 or 9 oz upfront. Not a big deal though.
I've been recommending this resort to everyone. It's a real gem. A fun little get-a-way. Feels like something out of Dirty Dancing. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stanton family has provided six generations of friendly hospitality, fabulous dining, extensive recreation and beautiful vistas along the shores of Sparrow Lake since the late 1880's at this four-season resort village. Enjoy supervised children’s programs, indoor and outdoor pools, sandy beach, exercise gym, water sports, spa services, tennis, biking, hiking, and golf nearby. Experience Ontario winter activities; snow shoeing, cross-country skiing, skating, sleigh rides and snowmobile tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity.ca and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bayview Wildwood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Wildwood Hotel Severn Bridge
- Bayview Wildwood Resort Severn Bridge, Ontario