Decided to give it a try through a "WagJag" deal, and it was well worth the trip, even in the off-season. About 2 1/2 hours from home but a nice drive. When we arrived, the fireplace room we had requested was not available for the first night (Sunday) but we could probably have one for the second night (Monday). Apparently MANY other people had taken advantage of the deal too, and had checked in before us. The front desk staff were friendly, efficient and very nice.
The first room was okay - nothing special but fine. Took a walk around the grounds - outdoor pool closed for the season but looked good; indoor pool and whirlpool were very nice; games room with pool table and other games; squash court; basketball room; fitness room; kayaks and canoes available; maps for trail walks; piano in the main lodge lounge. The dining room had large windows overlooking the lake to watch the beautiful sunset. Dinner was well prepared and quite tasty - the sweet potato soup was amazing! The staff was very attentive without being intrusive.
Yes, there were trains that went by in the night not too far away. The resort was built as a train depot originally and is still on the route. That's part of its history. I didn't really find it very disturbing.
The breakfast buffet was quite extensive and substantial. If anyone left hungry, it was their own fault.
The OPP museum was not far away, so we spent a couple of hours there, before going to Casino Rama. Didn't win but had fun.
For our second night, we were moved to a fireplace room (actually a 2 bedroom suite). A real wood burning fireplace in front of the bed. A quiet, cozy evening.
All together, a very nice weekend away and we would like to return sometime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stanton family has provided six generations of friendly hospitality, fabulous dining, extensive recreation and beautiful vistas along the shores of Sparrow Lake since the late 1880's at this four-season resort village. Enjoy supervised children’s programs, indoor and outdoor pools, sandy beach, exercise gym, water sports, spa services, tennis, biking, hiking, and golf nearby. Experience Ontario winter activities; snow shoeing, cross-country skiing, skating, sleigh rides and snowmobile tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bayview Wildwood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Wildwood Hotel Severn Bridge
- Bayview Wildwood Resort Severn Bridge, Ontario