“Sunday walk”

Manor Park Country Park
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Great for a walk around the park and lake all very clean, if you have kids it's great to let them run off steam

TheGreenCafe, Owner at Manor Park Country Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

thank you very much for the review, we hope you keep coming to this beautiful park , see you soon.

All reviews
"meadows"
"trees"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 29, 2017

I love visiting this country park and have been coming here for a very long time. There's lots to see including a picturesque lake, wild meadows and paddocks, woodland and wildlife - cattle graze sometimes, lots of different types of birds and waterfowl, squirrels etc. For example, today I watched several coot ducklings squeaking while following their mum and dad around and being fed - it was the sweetest thing! I noticed today that you can buy duck feed at the cafe there as you shouldn't feed ducks bread.

As well as the beautiful, more natural areas, there is a large field with trees and picnic benches near a child's play area and a cafe just off the car park. Parking is £1.50 for weekdays and £2 for weekends and bank holidays and that is for the whole day so good value in my eyes. I can easily walk round for an hour with my camera on my own so a nice place to come for a picnic and spend a few hours on a nice day. Dogs are welcome.

we are very pleased that you have been using the park such a long time. thank you for leaving us this review, we hope to see you again and again. do make yourself known to me, and enjoy a coffee on the house.

Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely park. It has a nice nature trail, kids play area, open spaces and facilities. The lake area is also a nice feature.

They have a cafe, which offers loads of different drinks and food, but they do not take card payments.

The grass and trees have always been well kept also.

There has always been flush parking spaces when I've been.

The only two negative comments I would say are that there are cattle in the open fields and there aren't many warning signs etc. I'd expect a more lively dog to approach them without fear.

The other is that my last trip to the kids play, there were literately a hundred (maybe 80-100) school kids in high viz jackets crammed into the play area, whom had taken over the place. It was very selfish of the teachers and parents.. Obviously this isn't the parks fault but it really put me off.

Apart from that, I will continue to go back.

Thank you Ryan, we very much appreciate your time in leaving us a great review. thank you.

Reviewed July 2, 2017

Beautiful parkland, great for walking and training the dog. Bit miffed that parking is not free surely they take enough from the cafe not to need extra from parking!

TheGreenCafe, Owner at Manor Park Country Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

thank you for your review, glad you really enjoyed your visit. the café is a privately run enterprise. The fees from the car park help to fund general upkeep and maintenance, the toilets and of course the great work the wardens do. hope to see you again soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

Parking is £2 so bring change.
The play area is good, there are picnic benches nearby. It's nice to eat, play then go for a little walk down by the large pond (or small lake?!)

There are ducks there although I understand the swans have recently gone (injury after a dog attack, I read) which is a shame. Water rats are always fun to observe and they are quite bold if you have some left over picnic, which delights the children.

You can easily spend a good 3 hours here, cheaply if you bring a picnic, although I have also enjoyed the fare from the cafe, and bribed the children with the ice-creams...a way to leave quickly when the time comes.

We will remain regular visitors.

thank you for your review, glad the children are easily bribed lol. great story. see you soon I hope.