“Parking fine and unwelcoming cafe left nasty taste.”

Manor Park Country Park
Reviewed August 17, 2017

Met some friends for a walk around. On arrival we both tried to buy a parking ticket, but machine said it was not working. Looked around, couldn't see another one. Went for a walk, park pleasant enough. Went for a drink/snack at the cafe. There, we were greeted with a series of warning notices about this and that - creates a very unwelcoming impression. No smiles from the person serving and a very unappetising selection of things to eat/drink. Will not be returning - especially as we have all received Parking Charge Notices from Euro Car Parks.

4  Thank Katharine H
TheGreenCafe, Owner at Manor Park Country Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

thank you for the comments. I am at a loss however, what notices ? unwelcoming impression ? unappetising food and drink ? what is it that you expect Katherine ? You had a free day out, as the car park machines were out of action, and the parking ticket you received in error, would have been cancelled. Had you stopped for a drink and a snack you would have seen that we serve Douwe Egberts Coffee, English, Fruit & Herbal teas, Hot & Cold sandwiches served in Freshly delivered bread from the bakery every day, and a selection of Walls ice creams, cakes and crisps. again, what were you expecting, Michelin Star dining in a country park ?
Please do not leave inaccurate slurs about a business, it simply confirms all that is bad about review sites. We hope you visit again and make yourself known to us, where there may be a coffee available on the house.

All reviews
"meadows"
"trees"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 10, 2017

Great for a walk around the park and lake all very clean, if you have kids it's great to let them run off steam

thank you very much for the review, we hope you keep coming to this beautiful park , see you soon.
Don.

Reviewed July 29, 2017

I love visiting this country park and have been coming here for a very long time. There's lots to see including a picturesque lake, wild meadows and paddocks, woodland and wildlife - cattle graze sometimes, lots of different types of birds and waterfowl, squirrels etc. For example, today I watched several coot ducklings squeaking while following their mum and dad around and being fed - it was the sweetest thing! I noticed today that you can buy duck feed at the cafe there as you shouldn't feed ducks bread.

As well as the beautiful, more natural areas, there is a large field with trees and picnic benches near a child's play area and a cafe just off the car park. Parking is £1.50 for weekdays and £2 for weekends and bank holidays and that is for the whole day so good value in my eyes. I can easily walk round for an hour with my camera on my own so a nice place to come for a picnic and spend a few hours on a nice day. Dogs are welcome.

we are very pleased that you have been using the park such a long time. thank you for leaving us this review, we hope to see you again and again. do make yourself known to me, and enjoy a coffee on the house.
Don.

Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely park. It has a nice nature trail, kids play area, open spaces and facilities. The lake area is also a nice feature.

They have a cafe, which offers loads of different drinks and food, but they do not take card payments.

The grass and trees have always been well kept also.

There has always been flush parking spaces when I've been.

The only two negative comments I would say are that there are cattle in the open fields and there aren't many warning signs etc. I'd expect a more lively dog to approach them without fear.

The other is that my last trip to the kids play, there were literately a hundred (maybe 80-100) school kids in high viz jackets crammed into the play area, whom had taken over the place. It was very selfish of the teachers and parents.. Obviously this isn't the parks fault but it really put me off.

Apart from that, I will continue to go back.

Thank you Ryan, we very much appreciate your time in leaving us a great review. thank you.