See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Lovely accommodation and excellent hospitality from staff. Right in the centre of tiny Bukit Lawang but not a quiet place to stay as the rooms are located about 5meters behind the busy bar. Had a very atmospheric stay during a torrential thunderstorm and power cut- there's no back up generator here so have your torch ready! Cannot fault our stay and I definitely recommend it as a place to stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

We did 2D/1N jungle trekking with them, Tara was our guide. The experience was unbelievable, Tara was great and fun and he explained us everything about the orangutans and wildlife that live in the jungle. Food was also great.

The guesthouse is very well located just in front of the river. We booked 3 nights but decided to extend 2 more nights, we had so much fun with the staff. The guesthouse had everything we needed, good bed, shower, proper toilet...

We we come back to Bukit Lawang we will definitely stay in Terimakasih Guesthouse again.

Highly recommended,

Thanks guys!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carlos G
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

I booked a room for one person for 2 nights in advance. When I arrived to Bukit Lawang with the minibus I was picked up by one of the staff by scooter. I got my own bungalow right at the river very cheaply. It was clean and really nice.

I booked a tour at another hostel because we were a group of people who had just met on our way to Bukit Lawang and wanted to the trekking together. I choose to stay in the jungle over one night and asked if it was possible for me to get my money back for the second night since I was gonna stay in the jungle, and to mybsurprice there was no problem at all!!

In the jungle I had a great time but it could had been better if my guide hadn't been that weird. That's not Terimakasih Guesthouse's fault of course but I only mention it so you know that it's important to have a good guide in the jungle if you want to get out as much as possible out of it.

Anyway this is a perfect place to stay if you are in Bukit Lawang!!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Desiree P, Manajer Hubungan Tamu at Terimakasih Reggae Bar and Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2018

hello boar j
thank you very much for your help for the great reccomendation
we are glad to hear that you was enjoy while stay at our place
and we are happy to have you here
nice and kind guest
have a great time anywhere you stay
enjoy your holliday

kind regard
jaka handoko
all the friend here

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Perfect stay in Bukit Lawang! The guides and staff are so kind & friendly. We had a lot of fun with them. In the evening you can drink with them some beer and play guitar. So you get to know about the culture and living in Bukit Lawang.
You have to try the pancakes for breakfast, they are delicious!
Thank you for the awesome time!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 13, 2017

nice place near the river ,,good relation between price and quality ,attention and very nice rooms ,with the beautiful sound of the river passing by near ,good place to chill out and take it easy ,reggae music

Stayed: December 2016