Review Highlights
Best jungle experience and service ever!

Jungle trekking with the guys from bukit lawang adventure was the best organised trekking... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Adventure740990
via mobile
Amazing tour, a lot of fun, nice people!!

It was one of the best experience I had! Starting from the beginning, Bukit Lawang Adventure... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
LallaTru
Swiss Alps, Switzerland

Recommended experiences in and around Bukit Lawang
from US$348.20
More Info
from US$58.60
More Info
All reviews fruit jungle trekking certified guide his vast knowledge tomato cheese authentic indonesian dishes answered every question transportation from the airport the river two days day trek arranged everything food was great coffee and tea local food great communication amazing experience
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We booked the 3days 2 nights tour with Nico and it was amazing! We saw so many orangutans and other animals!

The guides were very friendly and helpful, and the food was great!

The best part of the trek was camping alongside the river!

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank Isabel C
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

If anyone plans on going to Sumatra, I highly recommend doing a jungle trek with Bukit Lawang Adventures. Nicco went above and beyond to accommodate our needs and was incredibly quick with his responses. He even arranged an airport pick up for our flight that got in at midnight, just as an example.

The actual trek was easily the highlight of our trip to south east Asia and will probably remain as one of the best times of my life. Our guide, Man, had endless knowledge of the jungle animals and plants. We saw orangutans amongst many other critters such as gibbons, Thomas-leaf Monkeys, monitor lizards, etc! He pointed out various trees and medicinal plants. Not to mention, the food on the trek was amazing! Being avid campers, we weren’t expecting much but wow! It was honestly better than most meals we’d had in restaurants. Rahim might be the world’s best cook. The variety offered with each meal was mouth watering. Just went we thought things couldn’t get better, at the end of each day, we had tea/coffee with cookies. We never once were hungry.

We did a 3 day jungle trek (camped for 2 nights) and tubed back on the river. I can’t emphasize enough how accommodating Nicco was and how amazing this experience was over all. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to go to Sumatra on a jungle trek. I hope I can go back one day and trek for even longer. If I could give 10 stars, I would!

Ps: I definitely recommend wearing pants and high socks to help prevent bug and leech bites (which we surprisingly had very few of, and no bites). If you can, light quick dry clothing would probably be the best.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Mackenzie K
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

I booked through Bukit Lawang Adventures for a once in a lifetime trip to see Orangutans. So glad I did!

Nicco went above and beyond to ensure my trip went smoothly from the moment I landed and the moment the plane took off. He arranged everything so I didn't have to stress about anything while there. He made sure No detail went unnoticed-even for a solo traveler like me. If you are unsure about Anything, just ask and he will come up with a solution.

I was able to see 7 orangutans on my trek! The food was delicious and the guides have so much knowledge and love for the jungle. Group size during the trek are just the right amount and there are always guides willing to help. Easy to make new friends right away.

The village of Bukit Lawang is filled with the most welcoming people who are always willing to help you out with anything.

There is a good selection of accommodations and local restaurants to choose from that have delicious local dishes.

Make sure you wear good shoes :) and Book with Bukit Lawang Adventures and you WON'T be disappointed!

Thank you Nicco ,your team and your family for taking such great care of me during my stay!
An experience I will never forget!

1  Thank Brittany P
nicco g, Manager at Bukit Lawang Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2018

Hi Brittany,
Nice review, thank you for your kind words! We had a great time with you and would love to see you again soon for some orangutan spotting, food tasting and jungle adventure!

Reviewed March 23, 2018

Sustainable tourism is imperative for the survival and the future of the remaining wild and rehabilitated (released) orangutans in Sumatra. This means to have both, socially conscious guides and visitors. Nicco understands and respects this.

Our aim as visitors, if we would like to contribute towards and protect orangutan conservation, is to select tour operators that understand and adhere to 'no feeding' policy (with the exception of Jackie & Mina). The danger in not doing so is transmission of human disease, dependency and poisoning through insect repellents.

Bukit Lawang Adventure, your passion and commitment is commendable and invaluable. Thank you for doing the right thing and your contribution towards orangutan conservation through your sustainable tourism!

Date of experience: March 2018

Nice review, thank you for your kind words! We had a great time with you and would love to see you again soon for some orangutan spotting, and jungle adventure!

join us to save Orangutans habitat and make your experience unforgettable

Reviewed March 21, 2018

We had an amazing 6 hour jungle trek with Bukit Lawang adventure!
The staff have excellent knowledge about the nature and wildlife of the pristine Leuser ecosystem.
We really loved how passionate the staff are about Eco-friendly and sustainable tourism.
We will definitely be back!
Terima kasih

1  Thank Roderick T
nicco g, Manager at Bukit Lawang Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018

Hi Roderick,
Thank you for join 6 hour jungle trek with us.
And also thank you for nice review about your time in Bukit Lawang.
We are really happy that you were enjoyed your time with ( Bukit Lawang Adventure )
looking forward to meeting you again in Bukit Lawang for another adventure.