See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 14, 2015 via mobile

The hotel is quite shabby place. In our room it was very hot it might be above the kitchen I think... Not the cleanest.

We got to Masuleh and were shown a couple of private rooms in the village but all of them were quite big and could accommodate at least 4 people and we were only my bf and I so those rooms were too expensive compare to room in Mehran hotel. But we stayed only one night and we survived :)

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anna D
Reviewed November 14, 2014

My husband and I spent one night at this hotel in November 2014. Our room was at the 3th floor and it had a great view to the village. BUT the room was not clean, sheets were very dirty and also blankets. We had to use our sheets. Beds were uncomfortable and extremely hard!!!!! The room did not include breakfast and you must buy everything you needs from Bazaar. I was in Masuleh 6 times before and always used to stay at local houses and suites and I prefer them now.
Anyway, it is my beloved village because it is calm and has spectacular sceneries. It worth to stay one night there even in such uncomfortable conditions. It has magic nights.
Tip: Bring your clean sheets to stay at Masuleh in hotel (really is a low level hostel) or suits

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Parastoooo
Reviewed November 12, 2014

The town is quaint, the hotel has some quaint features, but mostly this hotel rates no stars at all. One of its worst features is the huge accumulation of gas canisters up and down the stairs. The smell from these is pretty intense...not to be recommended for people with sensitivities to odors and gasses. The rooms are pretty awful. I've never slept on a harder mattress. The pillows were like sacks of potatoes. There was a decent furnace in the room and there was plenty of hot water. Our room had a balcony that looked out over the town of Masooleh. I cannot say that these features made up for the rock bottom quality of the hotel itself. The staff (one man as far as we could tell) was helpful. He provided a decent breakfast. There are private rooms for rent in this town. They may be a better bet.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2014

well this is probably as good as it gets. Masuleh is beautiful and really warrants spending the night. It quietens down wonderfully after the day trippers leave, and once lit up, is a sight to behold. In the morning the mist shrouds it and gives it a totally new and enchanting look.
The Mehran is pretty basic, but clean, and has wonderful views from its balconies. Gas powers everything so they rely on canisters, and these are a bit smelly. The manager, whose name was something like Kam-eron, was a lovely chap, very keen to please and very kind in that very Iranian way. We would have forgiven him virtually anything, though he was the one that kept apologising when there was no need. Slight discomforts were more than offset by the experience of being in the village overnight.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BohinjBoy
Reviewed December 28, 2013

It's really hard to get through on the telephone to that hotel, I was calling for 3 hours when somebody picked up the phone.
The day after it occurred that no English in spoken there, so the girl I was speaking with was just an Iranian tourist...
We came to Masuleh in the middle of the night. No signs, nobody to ask... Taxi driver left us alone. After one hour (2-3 pm.) we found somebody (speaking English!!!) and he showed us that hotel. No signs on that hotel!!! But somebody woke up in that building and showed us that we have to knock on the window on the ground floor.
Rooms were clean enough, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and extremely beautiful view from the terrace... but they have the hardest beds ever. No breakfasts. Cost about 23$ per night.
And one more scary thing - there are so many gas bottles in that build that you have impression that everything will blow up :) but this is the only way to heat the building there.
Maybe conditions are not too good but the view from the terrace recompenses everything.
There is very nice castle near Masuleh - Rudkhan Caste. Worth to see.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends