Lowest prices for your stay
US$166
eDreams
Expedia.comUS$165
Booking.comUS$152
FindHotelUS$166
All reviews bungalow nicaragua spanish paradise playa
Selected filters
Reviewed December 29, 2019

Wishing I would have found this pieces of paradise years ago. Wishing I didn’t have to leave after only 5 days. This will be our go to place for relaxing and celebrating in the future. Wish it was a little closer to home but we’ll worth the travel time. Very helpful staff, especially if your Spanish is not the best. Wonderful beach that was while we were here almost exclusively ours. Great weather, that just have been luck. Some of the best food we’ve had in Nicaragua, if it wasn’t a two hour drive I would be there more often just for dinner out, may anyway. We’ve lived in Nicaragua over 12 years and this has now taken our hearts for our special place. Will recommend to friends and family. Best value for our dollars spent in the country. Very great way to spend time for Christmas. Thanks to all for the wonderful experience.

Room tip: We had an ocean view that also had a loft area, which we only went up to look at. Beautiful view waking in the morning of the ocean.
Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Nicqvet
Reviewed August 23, 2019

Hotel Punta Teonoste has become an unforgettable experience and adventure that I would love to relive more than once in my lifetime. The setting and placement of the bungalows set the tone for a lovely evening/night, combined with the sound of waves coming from the nearby beach, allows the mind to release any negative energy that one may carry.

The facility offers many amenities to entertain all guests, from horse rides, hikes, surf boards, pool, etc. The restaurant offers a variety of dishes for different people, from very rustic Nicaraguan dishes to a French influenced alternative, the ambiance in which is served complements the view and feel of the beach. If you are one who loves sharing your experiences in real time the hotel offers WiFi to always be connected and it reaches from start to end of the facility’s realm.

Don’t think about it too much, you deserve to be treated as a king/queen in your life time, and what better way to do it by visiting this hidden paradise.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed December 3, 2018

I absolutely adore the architecture, beach and horseback rides. We came here to see the turtle laying eggs and it did happen for us. A local guide took us to the reserve and we ended up seeing many turtles laying eggs. It was a wonderful experience. As I said in the title, the location is amazing and the detail that went into building this place was high. However, I am not sure if the original vision did not include the service and menu or if someone else bought it and ruined it. The menu is overpriced and the quality is below average at its best. The staff is kind but clearly the MANAGEMENT / OWNER is not giving them what they need to succeed here. They had no fresh salad options, run out of bananas. The same vegetables that came with our steak ( We enjoyed our first dinner ) came in the overpriced, 12$ small size soup which did not include bread, rice, tostones or tortilla. ( we got this refunded after we got fed up with some other issue where they did not want to exchange ham for toast, which by the way was not fresh at all and cheap) I don't mind paying 12 dollars but what I got did not match the price in way, shape or form. I wish they would have same time of menu as they do in Mi VIejo Ranchito in Rivas where we stopped later and my wife got a seafood soup in that price range but it well worth it It was fresh lobster, fish, shrimp and more with beautiful tostones and lime. This place is located in an area where many fruits and vegetables grow and fish can be purchased fresh.. Why not make this a spectacular experience overall Walter? Overhaul the menu, train your staff and it will be a win win, more money for you and better place for people to stay.. :-) I understand it is hard to hear criticism from my own experience but when I am honest and brave enough to consider that I could be the problem when in comes to my organization, good things happen. We may return even despite all this but may not eat at the restaurant which is your lo$$... If the restaurant matched your location and architecture I would have no doubt we would keep coming back for years to come and I am sure others would too.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Punta Teonoste is everything it claims to be and more. The breathtaking beach with soft sand and impressive surf, romantic bungalows, poolside restaurant, and free amenities and activities for guests (horseback riding, surf boards, bikes) really did meet and exeed expectation.
We were greeted with cold drinks by Narvin at concierge when we arrived, and we adored him immediately! He checked on us throughout our stay, and made sure we had all we needed. The servers were helpful and friendly, and some spoke English (Sergio is a wonderful conversationalist and lovely human being) and we will stay in touch with both of them.
The horseback rides along the beach at sunrise and sunset were highlights for our young family, as well as hours spent boogie-boarding in the incredible surf. The resort is well appointed and our kids were self-sufficient to come and go to the pool and beach on their own.
It was warm in the evenings but the fans and open air were a welcome change from all the air-conditioned places we stayed elsewhere., and the natural details throughout the bungalows, from furniture to the outdoor showers, were really beautiful and added to the distinct aesthetic appeal of the resort.
The restaurant is very good and priced similar to Granada. For a change of pace we drove a few minutes into the main strip of Popoyo and had some less expensive meals in a more lively setting.
Highly recommend Punta Teonoste for a peaceful, romantic or relaxed family experience.... incredible place and wonderful people!

Room tip: Recommend you stay in a 'forest bungalow' as the wind off the ocean was quite strong in the more 'ocean-front' bungalows.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kirsten S
Walter B, Director General at Hotel Punta Teonoste, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Thank you Kirsten so much for your positive and inspiring comment. This help us to improve every day! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope to have you visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

Cozy and small place with what seems to be a private access beach. The restaurant offers gourmet level dishes and the “icacos en miel” dessert is a must. The budget for this place may be a bit higher than normal but definitely worth it.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Walter B, Gerente at Hotel Punta Teonoste, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2018

Thank you very much for your comment! We do appreciate you your considerations about our lodge!