Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
CanadianChris84
Singapore, Singapore

Clean comfortable rooms

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 30, 2017via mobile
We stayed for 1 night twice, before and after our Liveaboard around Raja Ampat. Room was a good size, very clean and a hot shower (which was very welcomed after being on a boat for 7 days!)

Breakfast is more Indonesian, but they do have some cereal, pastries, and eggs which were alright.

It’s not terribly close to anywhere to eat, however you can get the yellow vans (public transport) for 5k basically anywhere, and many go right past the hotel.

Chatting to people on our boat, sounded like this hotel was one of the nicer ones in Sorong.
Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
C$50
2.2 km from Swiss-Belhotel Sorong
客室棟が並ぶメインストリート
7.2 km from Swiss-Belhotel Sorong
View more hotels in Sorong
All reviews raja ampat small pool stayed one night west papua the hotel is clean transit hotel indonesia airport harbour diving liveaboard region
Selected filters
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

I'm surprised that this is a 4 stars hotel! I stayed there for 6 days due to my work. We had cold shower for 4 days and complained every day but it never improved. The 5th day, they finally admitted that the water heater was broken! It took them so long to realize this!! To be frank, the hotel facilities was the best among other hotels but the service here was one of the worst I ever experienced. We also complained about other things but they slowly responded, so you have to told them multiple times till they got you right. You can find better hotel in Sorong if you don't mind to not have gym or pool.

The only good thing about this hotel was they will allow you to have early check in. I arrived at around 8 am after more than 7 hours flights and transit and they let me in.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Handayani88
Reviewed September 6, 2017

We stayed here 1 night while waiting to board our livaboard to raja ampat. We booked 6 months in advance and asked for early check in as our flight landed at 9am and airport transit. We didn't hear back until we chased a day before our flight. Early check in was not available unless we booked an additional night and the 10' airport transit costs 165k IDR. They could really have a shuttle!
Check-in was ok initially-until we realised they didn't do it properly. Also, we only got 1 card between 2 people which was an issue as the card is needed both for electricity in the room and to operate the lift. So unless you and your party are inseparable I'd suggest you ask for a second key card.
Then we were told we had to wait up to 4 hours in the lobby. We asked repeatedly what else we could do and then they said we could use the pool. We asked for towels which took 20 minutes to arrive and then were harassed 3 times to give them back. The pool is ok. It's clean but very shallow and rather small. On the way to our room though we noticed there was dog feces smeared on the decking. Someone was cleaning it but it shouldn't have been there at all!
The rooms are spacious and we got a nice view of the harbour, although if you look down you see pigs defecating in the street. They also constantly burn things next door so there is haze. What's even worse though, the sheets are stained and there was no hot water. We called to complain but never heard back. We realised the water came 30 minutes later but reception never called back to say it was fixed. The walls are also very thin and you can hear people from other rooms. They weren't shouting, just speaking normally but you can still hear it!
We tried to get some rest in the afternoon after our long overnight flight only to get a call from reception to say that we had to go downstairs because they tried to charge our credit card (which they got from booking.com) for a holding deposit but it bounced (I had lost that one a while ago and was using a different one). I was furious that they tried to charge my card without my permission but when I complained the receptionist didn't even apologise. I asked why that wasn't dealt with during check-in and never got a response. After I paid the holding deposit I asked to not be disturbed again. Sure enough, 1 hour later the pool boy came knocking on the door asking for the towels back. What is the matter with those towels anyway?? Like I'm going to steal some old, second rate hotel towels!!
We ordered room service for lunch which was a complete let down. The food was average at best. And it didn't come on a tray so we had to carry the plates in one by one.
Dinner at the restaurant wasn't much better. It was a Saturday so we tried their BBQ. There was a choice of fish so my boyfriend and I went for different types only to be served the same fish. We said that wasn't our order and the waiter (who didn't speak a word of English) took it back to the chef. They then spent 5 minutes discussing it while the fish was getting cold and in the end we said we would have the ones that were available. Needless to say it wasn't even cooked through. The desserts are pretty disgusting (fermented jackfruit and such) so I went to the lobby bar and got a piece of cake. It was ok, a bit stale but miles better than anything else.
As we walked up to our room at 9pm they started blasting insanely loud live music through the speakers. We could hear it in our room which was the furthest away from the band you could get. I called reception to complain and they said they'd speak to the restaurant but the music wasn't turned down.
Towards the end of the night we also heard 4 gun shots in the neighbourhood. No idea what that was...
Breakfast at weekends is till 11am (although reception said till 10am when we asked). There is a very poor non-local selection so unless you are enthusiastic about fried fish and rice in the morning you're going to struggle. A few stale pastries, some fruit and cereal. Don't expect english breakfast or healthy options like yoghurt.
I wouldn't recommend staying here if you can avoid it. I hear it's the best option in the area. I'm not sure about that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were.

Date of stay: January 2017
1  Thank great_blackbat
Reviewed August 19, 2017

Well located - halfway between the airport and harbour - if you are looking for a transit hotel to/from R4. Room and breakfast rate is value for money, and the room has all the amenities to allow for a comfortable and pleasant stay.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Santi K, Executive Assistant Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Sorong, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Dear Sirs,

Warmest greeting from Swiss belhotel Sorong
Thank you for taking the time to write us wonderful comment to share in TripAdvisor. We are happy to know that your stay is enjoyable even in a short trip. Do share your lovely pictures of Raja Ampat and make sure to squeeze us again in your schedule for your next holiday.

With kindest regards

Santi Kartikasari
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Helpful staff, I like the location because only 5 minutes from Airport.
Have varian menu for breakfast but sometime get boring if we stay more than 4 days in here.
Don't panic as this hotel has schedule turn off the electrify every night but then switch to generator directly.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Reni_radhan

Dear Ibu Reni

Salam hangat dari Swiss Belhotel Sorong
Thank you for your kind feedback. Your comment has been share with our Chef and we will work on it soonest. Ibu, none that can make our team happy is knowing that you enjoy your stay. Please take care and look forward to welcome you again

With kindest regards

Santi Kartikasari
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed August 8, 2017

Ok I get it, there are no really good options in Sorong perhaps but this is not an excuse. This place is vastly overpriced and extortionist. The food they offer is also very expensive and absolute garbage. On top of that the reception is barely capable of handling simple requests like calling a taxi or handling payments. They really need to fix this an offer at least the minimum required for a decent stay.

Date of stay: May 2017