“A very pleasant weekend”

Touchwood Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saxmundham
Touchwood Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 23 Saxmundham B&B and Inns
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant weekend”
Reviewed 26 November 2010

Stayed at Touchwood. Very friendly husband and wife. Breakfast was fab. Have stayed before and will definately be staying again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I have stayed at this B & B about 11 times in the last 3 years, travelling on business and for pleasure and just found this website. I do not normally respond to review Websites but I feel, in the interests of fairness, I should let others know of my experience of staying at Touchwood. Touchwood is my preferred choice if I am in the area and looking for accommodation, I like a good breakfast in the morning to set me up for a days birding. Although I have met the proprietors about 11 times, I know that they are running a business and I am a client not a friend. That said, these are two nice people who provide a very good B & B service. If Touchwood was situated nearer to Minsmere I would mark it higher on location. Roger's "Full English" is very good indeed. 2 sausages, bacon, mushrooms, egg, tomato, hash browns, toast white or brown, cereals, tea or filtered coffee, if you would like something else provided you tell them they will try to provide it. They do offer alternatives if required, I have had fruit and yoghurt several times when I have asked for it. The rooms and decor are comfortable, homely and clean. I did find the TV dated from the 70s but I was watching Dads Army, that's when it was made so I can not blame them. The tea making facilites in the rooms are fine but the kettle did leak. Every time it boiled and I tipped it up to pour the water into my cup it leaked profusely from the spout into the cup. Personally, I did not have a problem with this.

If you are thinking of staying at a B & B for Minsmere or the Saxmundham area, I would recommend Touchwood as a good value clean B & B with genial hosts to anyone. I have put this recommendtaion on other non-accomodation related websites and read similarly favourable reviews about Touchwood there.

I will be going back. Again. And again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank veryoldbaldman
Suffolk
Reviewed 30 March 2010

We stayed couple of nights at Touchwood and there was no warmth or friendliness. It was clear that the gain of money was the only motivation. The TV (which was supposed to be a selling point according to the advertisising card) was dating from the 70s and so was the keettle (which was leaking profusely) and the rest of the furniture and whole attitude to B&B. The breakfast was lacking choice and never any offers of seconds. When we left our good cheque was examined as he we were criminals.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank birder007
jospud, Owner at Touchwood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for your review, though myself and my husband were very much surprised to receive such a negative review.

We are a family home offering genuine warmth and friendliness the moment our guests arrive, as you will note from all of our other reviews, and proven by countless returning guests.

Our kettles are checked regularly and have never leaked to our knowledge - sorry you were unable to bring this to our attention during your stay.

Your TV was purchased in 2000, and all of our TVs are now modern flat screen.

We are very proud of our breakfasts and my husband receives constant compliments. All guests are offered a selection of cereals as well as full cooked English breakfast. You expressed a dietary requirement of fruit only for breakfast; I hope you too can recall that we shopped specifically for your stay and provided a selection of fresh fruit.

At the time of payment we politely asked that your cheque, particularly as it was not produced from a chequebook, was guaranteed by a bank card. I was personally surprised by your unwillingness to provide this as it is an accepted method of guaranteeing the validity of a cheque.
UK
Reviewed 2 August 2008

My family and I (comprising a husband and a two year old daughter) stayed at Touchwood during a short break to the Suffolk coast in October 2006.

The B&B is ideally located for accessing the beaches and tourist attractions that the Suffolk coast has to offer without paying over the top.

Our room was clean, tidy and well equipped with a TV, tea and coffee making facilities and an en-suite bathroom. The owners (Roger and Jo) were extremely accommodating and were always very willing to try to oblige our requests wherever possible.

Rogers cooked breakfast is one of the best that I have tasted and is reason alone to guarantee that we will return to Touchwood next time that we visit Suffolk.

• Liked — Warm and friendly welcome
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed 27 August 2007

We received a warm friendly welcome the moment we arrived and were shown all the facilities. The rooms were clean, light and airy. The full English breakfast was the best we have had in a very long time. Excellent value for money and wouldn't hesitate to stay at Touchwood again.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
Devon
Reviewed 20 August 2007

We really enjoyed our stay at Touchwood. Our room, as well as the rest of the house, was scrupulously clean and pleasingly decorated. Although not advertised as a family room, there was plenty of space for our travel cot. We, (especially my husband, who has a very healthy appetite) loved Roger's fab Full English Breakfast, that stood us in good stead for a day at the beach. All in all, a child (and parent!) very friendly, home from home in Suffolk. We'll be back!

• Stayed June 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saxmundham
4.1 km away
Trustans Barn
#1 of 1 in Darsham
6.4 km away
Sibton White Horse Inn

Been to Touchwood Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!