All reviews ale house chef jean doral area stayed here an early flight clean rooms nice room hotel is located close to the airport free shuttle free breakfast miami channels wifi gym keys accommodations
Reviewed April 6, 2018

Come in the door, not greeted . Staff talking to each other . Three days in a row our room keys do not work. Breakfast person very rude . Expect me to know how things work.
No promotion of Hop off / Hop on bus or other tourist items. They do not know what is across street. Would not recommend.

Room tip: Ask for lower floor.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wayne M
Richard C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank You Wayne M, we appreciate you sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Miami-Doral. We hope we can continue to be your hotel of choice when in Miami.

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

Extremely expensive for mid week and a very small room. This is a very old hotel but they did update the rooms. Cable tv has many channels that are dead or showing that they did not pay their direct tv bill. Air conditioner can barely keep up with Miami area afternoon sun so ask for a room on the east side unless you like the room hot. Mattress looks new and the linens are all clean with no stains. Internet is extremely slow. No breakfast included with the room.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Tim G

Thank You Tim G, we appreciate you sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Miami-Doral. We hope we can continue to be your hotel of choice when in Miami.

Reviewed March 18, 2018

I do not know why this hotel has bad reviews. It is near the airport free shuttle depending the hour. And it does have very modern accommodations. Stay there for an overnight layover. Work fine for us.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank You Bethzaida C, we appreciate you sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Miami-Doral. We hope we can continue to be your hotel of choice when in Miami.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

I recently spent one night at the Holiday Inn Miami- Doral Area. I choose this hotel because I had a breakfast meeting at the hotel. Otherwise, I would have normally chosen a hotel closer to the MIA airport. My major issues with this property are with the evening staff. First, I arrived to MIA airport right at 10pm, and found out that the hotel shuttle stops running at 10pm. It does not state this anywhere on the website. If I had known that I would be out $25 for a taxi from the airport, I would have stayed somewhere else.
Second, upon arrival at 10:30pm, I found out that the hotel restaurant was closed even though there was a sign stating the restaurant hours until 11pm. The bartender had already closed up, so we couldn't even have a drink, and when asked about food, we were told the cook had gone home. This was on a Thursday evening, and is not good for a "full service" hotel. Luckily the Ale House next door was quite good and is open late.
In the morning the breakfast is more like a Holiday Inn Express breakfast buffet. This is not a real hotel restaurant, and as such, this shouldn't be a full service Holiday Inn Property.
In the positive side, I found the room clean and comfortable. The A/C unit was quite loud, and the shower in the morning was weak.
Overall I would not stay here again. It just didn't meet the needs of a full service business hotel, especially given the $260+ room rate!!!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ChewInRI

Thank You ChewinRI, we appreciate you sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Miami-Doral. We hope we can continue to be your hotel of choice when in Miami.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

Clean hotel with restaurants near by in good location. They have their own restaurant bar in the lobby area and the food is pretty good. Unfortunately the TV in the room I was in never worked when I got there and each day they had to come fix it. It would work but constantly become pixelated. Their computer system failed while I was there so the front desk was constantly overwhelmed but the employees really tried. I couldn't get a receipt when I left and it took several day after before it arrived. Their airport shuttle does not run at night so if you have an early flight plan on transportation.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank DALE F

Thank You DALE F, we appreciate you sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Miami-Doral. We hope we can continue to be your hotel of choice when in Miami.