“Great homey place!!”

Chimu Peruvian Restaurant
Ranked #142 of 303 Restaurants in Doral
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

Came to this place and had a pleasant surprises!! Small and absolutely not fancy and not to go with a date... it is a weekday lunch place to grab a good, fresh homey bite.... we had two types of seafood ceviche that were both very good and tasty. Then Most of us had the Parijuela seafood soup that was also very good... you do have to put the jalapeno hot sauce they prepare and throw in the left over juice of the ceviche.... made a huge difference... service also quite good... again the place nothing fancy and local people having lunch from their workday... all in all, will come. Ack tk this place.... 4.5/5 and cant put it!!
Enjoy

2  Thank Jacques R

Reviewed March 14, 2016

Traditional Peruvian food, small place, nothing nice but the excellent food, worth going to eat, do not forget to order huancaina potato and ceviche!

Reviewed November 7, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I just had dinner here. This was our second visit here. First time around I really enjoyed the food but my husband was unimpressed with the ambiance. I talked him into giving it a second chance. Food was excellent. We each had ceviche mixto and shared tacu tacu entrada. The portions are very generous and for us this was too much food (which is not a bad thing). Drink menu was limited- which was not unexpected as I have never been to a Peruvian restaurant with amazing drinks. Our server was friendly. That said, we felt that we were rushed out of the restaurant. Server informed us that placing an order for just appetizers wasn't possible and we had to order everything right away. Even though we asked for a few minutes, the server approached our table every minute to ask if we've made a decision. The entree arrived when we weren't even half way finished with the appetizers. The second drink took longer then the entree and arrived after I was half finished with it. Place gets very busy around 7-8 and there was literally a crowd of people next to our table. It's also very loud. So in short: food was great, rushed service made me feel unwelcome and more like a nuisance to the server. I would not come back as this is not what I expect from my dining experience. We ended up leaving the restaurant and went to a nearby Zona Rosa fore dessert. I will not be coming back, but if you want to give it a try, I suggest going there at 6 or 9 ( if you go on a Saturday) to avoid the insane crowd.

Reviewed December 30, 2014

For what this restaurant lacks in ambiance they make up for in excellent quality, authentic Peruvian food that tastes as if you were in Lima. Portions are well-sized and an excellent value. Whether Peruvian, Latino or just want to explore your palette, make sure you eat here!

The staff is friendly and thorough. The parking situation is a bit tough, but find a place anywhere you can as this restaurant is definitely worth it!!!!

Reviewed November 3, 2014 via mobile

I do this more to help the owner since I eat lunch here at least twice a week but selfishly been keeping this "hole in wall" GEM to myself. This is TRUE Peruvian food. For lunch everyone gets a cup of soup, always outstanding and a great touch and start to a good meal. Try all the chicharones of seafood, the ceviches, my favorite the Jalea de Mariscos and ask for Leche de Tigre instead of lemon. The best. If you are close by during lunch, go you will not regret it. SHHH Keep it to yourself!