“When is a door not a door ? - when it's ajar !”
Review of Aries

Aries
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Wakefield
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Sometimes it's easy to know what would improve a restaurant. At Aries it wasn't the food, as our all day breakfast. with fruit and hash browns, was plentiful and delicious, nor was it the setting, as we ate overlooking the scenic river in Wakefield. It wasn't even the reasonable price of the food. No, the single thing that would improve Aries would be an eye level sign on the side entrance saying "Please shut the door" - we lost count how many times people entered, gave a cursory push and failed to see the door didn't shut behind them, leaving it to swing open onto my wife's chair and usher in a cool draught of air. Other than that, good effort Aries, but do get the door thing sorted please !

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Stopped in our way home from the cottage and was pleasantly surprised by the menu (gourmet tacos in Wakefield, who knew!).

Menu is limited and service is relaxed, but it was just what we were looking for in quick lunch. We sat on the small outdoor patio - enjoyed the long, communal tables and view of the river. We shared an order of pork croquettes and a few of the different tacos. The pork croquettes were ok, but the tacos were fantastic!

It was only upon our departure did we learn that the cafe had only recently started offering lunch/dinner service. We did have any of the baked goods, but they looked delicious (hopefully next time)

Reviewed 7 August 2017

My eggs were overcooked (not over easy), my hash brown potatoes were still raw (not raw raw, but still very hard) and my bacon wasn't crispy like I asked.

If you have breakfast after 11am, they charge you $2.00 more per person. I was fine with it, but please serve me a decent breakfast.

The coffee was really good, but the breakfast (that I didn't eat) left a bad taste in my mouth.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We didn't eat but the menu of tacos and such sounded very good. Again the coffee was awesome. Enjoy it.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for coffee after wandering in the rain for a while. We had some date squares and chocolate cookies which were delicious. Apparently they come from a local bakery. The latte I had was perfect as we're the espresso and cappuccino. The Chai tea my wife ordered was a PC commercial tea bag. That was a bit disappointing. Great view of the water and the service is very friendly.