“The view is worth the drive”
Review of Muse

Muse
Reserve with OpenTable
Muse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Wakefield
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Perched over the MacLaren falls, our two restaurants offer dramatic views and a true gastronomic experience with menus based on a traditional French and Quebecois style, using local produce with exciting international influences.Muse, our fine dining restaurant, is open daily for breakfast and dinner. On Sundays, enjoy our famous Sunday brunch buffet from 9am-2pm. For something more relaxed, the Heron Room restaurant offers a Wine and Tapas bar alongside a popular bistro menu. The Heron Room and adjoining Bar Lounge is open daily from noon and features live music on Fridays and Saturdays from 7-10pm.Please visit our website for our most up to date menus.
Reviewed 1 November 2011

The setting is beautiful - overlooking rushing water and trees, which are lit up even at night. Since we arrived late in the evening, we decided to eat in the Heron Room, a comfortable casual setting offering a lighter menu selection. My Niçoise Salad was disappointing as it lacked flavour though the pickeral fillet was perfectly cooked and the greens were fresh. My companion had the Mussels, which she thoroughly enjoyed. The waitress seemed to be distracted by the young men at the bar so service was a somewhat inattentive.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

We were there Friday night and took the "discovery menu". Well, it was an average menu. The food was ok but not spectacular, the service was below average and the cost of all that (258 $ including the tip) is really too much. For the same price I prefer to go to Le Baccara at the Casino du Lac leamy or at the Fougères in Chelsea. Really, they offer better food and service.

2  Thank JulieL753
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We arrived in Wakefield in late afternoon for a tour of that area and to find a good place to eat. After being told we would need to wait for over an hour at one restaurant, we went to The Mill to see the palce, The staff were friendly and let us tour the place. Then they asked if we wanted, showed us the menu and there was no wait! The vue is spendid from the restaurant and the bistro type menu was sufficiently elaborate for us. All the dishes we ordered were PERFECT. We will come back!!

Reviewed 2 September 2011

I cannot say enough about the building or surroundings, a peaceful haven where every possible detail has received the utmost care and attention. All staff members with whom we inter-acted were knowledgable and professional, not hesitating to go a little further in providing service.

We were four for lunch, two elderly aunts, my brother - a vegan - and myself, pretty much an omnivore. Without fail we were all able to enjoy a most pleasing meal. I tried the snail appetizer and it was as imaginative as it was tasty. The other three had soup which they all enjoyed. My brother and aunt thoroughly enjoyed the generous tofu and grilled vegetable wraps and my aunt (#2) and I both were pleased with our cod and salmon medley. The desserts really shone, a fresh wild blueberry cobbler and a deconstructed passionfruit cheese cake were showstoppers! We lingered over coffee as we marveled at the view, overlooking the Gatineau Hills and the river. The rushing water provided a lovely 'white noise' that allowed our table conversation to remain 'entre nous'.

We will definitely be back to explore the Wakefield Mill and the nearby village. We spoke with other guests who had been to the Sunday brunch and highly recommended it.

1  Thank LEMOttawa_Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We received a wedding gift for a 5 course diner at the Wakefield Mill. So my husband and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary there last April.
Note that my review is for the restaurant only because we did not stay the night at the Inn, although some friends of ours stay there regularly and love it, especially the wonderful brunch. I have visited some of the rooms and they are quite charming. Plus the price is right for this type of good quality Inn.

I have to point out the romantic setting. The restaurant has large glass windows in one of the rooms so you can see the small water rapids, being in an old converted mill. You could sit outside on the terrace but the noise of the water is quite loud. Do bring your camera.

They have a good variety of delicious foods including wonderful fine cheeses. And lets talk about the exceptional staff. You will be very well taken care of and if you don't know much about wine they will gladly share their expertise. You will be spoiled during your taste fest and the chef will surprise you with a few extra treats.

We will visit this place again for sure. Probably on our next anniversary. Enjoy!

2  Thank LoveTheSunBut