“Great Place for a Great Dinner”
Review of Da Sciolla

Da Sciolla
Reserve with
Da Sciolla is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 79 Restaurants in Domodossola
Price range: US$19 - US$39
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2017

Had a great dinner experience at Da Sciolla. I had the Caprese, Ravioli, and Lamb. My wife had a different salad (the name escapes me), the bolognese, and the beef. Everything was delicious. The service was also top notch. Highly recommend!

Reviewed April 28, 2017

This is a pleasant, a bit old fashioned restaurant in the old town. After we got seated, the waitress passed by and lit the candle at our table. We were given a menu-card and then saw that people next door were served completety different meals - apparently this was the 'table d'hôte' for the ones, who are staying here, since this restaurant is also a guesthouse.

No problem for us get that dinner for a set price as well. It consisted of several excellent rounds, but all together much too filling. First came a complimentary glass of Prosecco. Next was served a Cima di Rappa (a Rapini) Tart, then Carne Secca with olives and two kind of pickled mushrooms, next was a Risotto con Asparagus, followed by Ravioli con Ricotta, before the main course 'Brasato with Vegetables' arrived. After that it went on with a Mango Ice Cream and a Cake (which we left out).

The wine-list we got to see only on the second evening here. The first time, when asking for some wine, they just brought us a 'Barbera d'Alba' 1998. Thrying it, I found it rather strange, but accepted it. Especially my wife then thought that this wine is not drinkable and so we returned it, without getting charged for it. Instead I had a 'Grappa' in the end with the waitress asking me, if I wanted it 'Secco o Morbido', thus a bit fruity.

Reviewed April 14, 2017

Made very welcome with a glass of fizz and amuse bouche. The food was of a very high quality and presented wonderfully. The braised beef was incredible!

Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at their B&B and eaten at the restaurant on three occasions. For the accommodation I think it's a good deal with clean rooms and a varied breakfast, and if I remember correctly 5 homemade cakes. For lunch I think the daily 3 course menu for €17 is an amazing deal. Most of the time the restaurant is fully booked so maybe make a reservation if you only got a specific date in mind.

Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

Unfortunately not the same level like a year ago. We had the menue - this time no amuse bouche nor a welcome drink. First course a little salad with a mediocre terrine followed by a piece of dry quiche. The pasta were very good but the meat, vitello without tonnato was a disappointment. The cheese plate was ok as well as the ice cream. Wine list was ok - not as good as a year ago.