“It's a BIG Day”
Review of Australia Zoo

Australia Zoo
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Beerwah
More attraction details
Owner description: Wildlife in this popular zoo was captured by Australia's famous "Crocodile Hunter," a legendary herpetologist excelling in snake and crocodile capture techniques.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

WOW what an amazing a well organised Zoo set in beautiful surroundings which makes it very special.
I have a 2.5-year-old and a 4.5-year-old, and I will say the 4.5-year-old enjoyed it more than the 2.5-year-old. the 4.5-year-old enjoyed patting, touching and getting photos with the animals and their keepers. This is a great experience to be able to see snakes, koala’s, lizards, dingo’s, wombats and many more animals close up.
The mid-day show was a highlight seeing the birds fly around the arena and the crocodile show was really engaging and enjoyable, the kids loved seeing the crocodile jump out of the water and sat through the whole show.
We did take our own snacks with us but bought lunch at the zoo, I found there was a wide variety of food and prices to be expected and on par with other zoo's I have visited.
I did find the zoo to be extremely large and with 2 kids on a humid day it was too big to walk around all day. They do have a bus that goes around the zoo and stops at certain parts this is great and does help to get to the furthest part of the zoo, however I think it would be nicer if it would drive so you can see some animals on your way, this would help for the littler kids.
I also felt trying to fit in the experiences/shows and look at the full zoo is just too much. We missed a lot of shows trying to walk around and see the animals. We did get a family photo with a Koala which was a highlight.
I think 1 day with small kids is not enough (if you want to see the full zoo and shows). I would go back again to see what we have missed out on but would wait a few years to do so.

2  Thank Becstar79
Write a ReviewReviews (4,345)
All reviews
in 74 reviews
"irvine"
in 435 reviews

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We visited the Zoo especially for a Koala experience which I would recommend booking in advance as I’m not sure if you can book it on the day.
The Koala was introduced to us well away from the public. We were with him for around an hour loads of pictures taken by us and their photographer and were not that expensive. All I would say is buy your photos ASAP as these can take half an hour to print.
The crocodile show is at 12 and is well worth watching.
We felt we ran out of time so would defiantly go back.
My recommendations to start at the top of the park and work your way down.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

This was the highlight of our trip from the UK. From lorrikeets blitzing around your head to ACDC, to the constant photo ops with the wildlife, this is truly the best zoo in the world (sorry Chester), and a true legacy to one of the greatest men in conservation. You'll easily spend all day here, and it'll be busy but won't feel too busy because it's a huge site with great enclosures for the animals. If I was to be picky, the only downside was that the map you're given with timings of shows on doesn't include everything - we missed things we'd have loved to have seen because we thought it included everything.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Clean and well maintained. Bird show was a highlight. Africa exhibit was really good
Expensive day out.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Great for kids and adults! Went with my partner and my parents who were visiting from overseas and we were all very impressed. It is well laid out with a shuttle to take you between sections if you’re going with kids or elderly that may need help walking the whole distance of the zoo (as it was quite spread out - walked about 6 or 7km in total). It’s pricey but you can definitely see where the money goes as the enclosures are quite spacious, animals well looked after, the place is immaculate and there are heaps of staff available everywhere to assist.

Tips:
1. Bring a refillable water bottle as there are lots of stations around the park to refill and you can avoid buying it.
2. If you want to bring lunch there are locker facilities near the front entrance to store things
3. Don’t miss the midday wildlife show in the central stadium area - make sure you get seats a bit further up under the shade if it’s a sunny day as it gets very hot sitting there if you don’t!
4. Plan to spend the day there - took us a good 5 hours to get through the whole park
5. Bring swimmers for the kids as there is a water park for them to cool down in on a hot day!

1  Thank Alexandra M