All reviews every single meal fresh coconut water pizza oven best food on the island small gym place to stay bean bags in house restaurant sand bank usb ports opened recently each morning sunset fishing top floor local island water sports manta rays
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

The day I arrived at the resort it was my birthday. They made everything to make my birthday so special! Flowers on the bed, a special table at dinner time with flowers and candles and then even a cake and they sung for me! So sweet!
In general the staff was hust so helpful amd lovely! They made everything to make me happy. I jused the jacuzzi in the evening which was great (you have to tell the staff at least 30mins earlier to heat it up). Unfortunately two times it didnt get that warm.
Shaheen, Naappe and Ibbe were lovely!! (Also the others but I spent the most time with them). Anne, the manager, sent me a mail with personal tips for sri lanka when she heard i planned on going.

Notice:

if you are into diving you cannot choose your own diving school. You have to dive with the school they work with.

No sunbathing in front of hotel. Bikini zone is a walk distance.

No alcohol is served on the island.

If all that is good for you I would definitely recommend you to stay at Bliss Dhigura as its a great place with lovely staff!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
BlissMaldives, Manager at Bliss Dhigurah, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Dear Ana!

It's been a pleasure being part of your birthday! Hope that you are having an amazing time in Sri Lanka!

Anne

Reviewed July 31, 2018

This is a beautiful guest house with very attentive staff. no matter what it is that you need they're more than happy to help. The Food at bliss was amazing, along with the different breakfast treats everyday. They have a great roof top area, a lovely place to enjoy the sunset and hot tubs. they over different activities which allows guests to see the island and the sea life. Dhigurah is a great little island and amazing for walks or bike rides which are provided by bliss.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank _joepotifa
BlissMaldives, Guest Relations Manager at Bliss Dhigurah, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your kind word and wonderful review on staff, food and guest house! We're happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you again in the future!

The Bliss team

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

The rooms are very clean and comfortable. They have excellent and quality food on the menu and the breakfast is different every morning. The coffee is really good AND they have a great pizza menu too. The staff are friendly and accomodating. The beach is right next door and they provide a launch ride to the longest beach area of the island as well.

The only negative thing here is that the tv in the rooms can't play some movie files. (They have a list of movies that they'll download for you and the movies you request as well)

Would love to visit again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
BlissMaldives, Guest Relations Manager at Bliss Dhigurah, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Hello Maryam,

We're thrilled to read you've had a great holiday at Bliss Dhigurah! Thank you for the feedback, we're currently going through the hundreds of movies one by one to check which ones are not working and will delete or replace them. We understand this has been inconvenient.

Looking forward to welcoming you back with a cup of coffee and a pizza at Bliss one day!

The Bliss Team

Reviewed July 2, 2018

Bliss Dhigurah is THE place to stay for a true Maldives holiday. The hotel is gorgeous. The staff are exceptional. Every single staff member made me feel so welcome and they all went out of their way to make sure I had an amazing vacation on Dhigurah. Special mention must go to the chef and restaurant team - the food was exceptional - I had something different every single meal for five days straight and every single thing was delicious.

The room was perfect - comfortable bed, hammock to relax on the balcony, mini-fridge for drinks and a TV with hundreds of movies to choose from. I loved spending time on the rooftop deck in the hot tub overlooking the crystal blue waters around Dhigurah. There are plenty of activities on offer, and Naape (the activities director) is super helpful at making suggestions. I went out on the hotel's boat for whale shark spotting and snorkelling (amazing!).

The island is gorgeous. The beach is a few steps away from the hotel. I highly recommend walking down to the tip of the island along the beach. There are even some sunbeds, swings and chairs on the way for relaxing. Bliss provides bikes and other equipment (kayaks etc) for adventures on the island.

Communication was fantastic. At last minute I decided to change my travel plans, due to issues with the resort I was staying at before Bliss, and the Bliss team changed my transfers super quickly with no issues whatsoever (big thanks!). Pick up and transfer from Maamigili airport was so easy, with the speedboat dropping me off at Dhigurah and the Bliss tuk-tuk waiting to take me to the hotel.

Having done both the overwater resort and Bliss on my trip to the Maldives, I can say that Bliss was far and away the better option. It was fantastic to stay on a local island, there were far more things to do, and you get to see local life and culture. Bliss is a really special hotel, with amazing staff, on a great island. Can't wait to go back. Thanks to all at Bliss for making it such a great holiday!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear Ejcd,

We are absolutely in love with your review! It's a big compliment to be compared and preferred over a resort.
Compliments to kitchen and restaurant staff are passed on and greatly appreciated.

We're looking forward to seeing you back in the future!

Team Bliss!

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the Bliss Hotel for 4nights and we enjoyed it very much. There was quite a lot of staff around, very attentive and we enjoyed speaking to them and learning more about the island and their everyday life. Special thanks to Shaheen who gave us great recommendations and was a pure pleasure to chat with the same as Amal. I also would like to thank the waitress serving our breakfast (my sincere apologies for not remembering your name!) who always welcomed us with a smile and remembered our hot drinks preferences!

The hotel has a great design and impressive attention to details- we loved all the crockery- not only the taste of the freshly grounded coffee was fabulous but served with such a love and caring touch!

Breakfast is different every day, you will not be given option to chose it but you will not be disappointed although for some it might not be the biggest portion. I personally enjoyed it and loved french toasts! All meals are served in their Hermits restaurant which is great.

Guest house organises also a variety of excursions. House reef snorkelling was a real fun and great to see so many fishes, turtles and even sharks! Staff again really care to ensure you have a memorable experience and also you can see they enjoy taking part themselves in those trips which is the best testimonial. They also offer trips to nearby resort which was superb! We stayed there for 6 hours and were able to discover different island and see in crystal clear water baby sharks- although I need to say we were happy to return to our bliss hotel were the staff made us feel as we are coming to see our friends!

Also before arrival the communication with the hotel was so easy and so prompt! They organised a speedboat for us (from Male at 4pm, return at 6:30am from Dhigurah- takes 2hours), answered the question about the power plugs etc. The only downside with communication was that I asked for a room on top floor with nice view and despite that we were the only hotel guests when we arrived unfortunately we got a room on their first floor facing building site... However I do understand that any room allocations are at the discretion of duty manager.

Rooms are quite small- feels smaller than on the pictures on the website, we had a hammock in the room(tiny balcony) but as you can imagine we were unable to use it as the builders started their work at 7am and worked often until late evening. In the room is a fridge, great air con and a TV with few movies on memory stick but no live television or kettle in the room. The bathroom is quite big compared to the room.

At 6:30am you might expect to be waken up by a noise of the shutters being lifted which is quite an annoying noise but at least you will be up early! It might be the location of our room and perhaps on second floor you will not experience it as much!

Hotel provides bicycles and it is best way to get to the tip of the island (we first walked there which took as about 1.5hours one way- with cycling only 30min).

On the top floor you will find two hot tub, some seating area and sun beds. It was lovely looking at the sunset while in the hot tub just wish there were not so many mosquitos around (ensure to take plenty of sprays/creams).

On the early departure 6am it was so lovely to walk downstairs to Reception and find two freshly made espresso which was all we needed! Also we got packed breakfast which was very thoughtful!

The island have at the moment few ongoing constructions works so keep that in mind, although nothing to do with the bliss guest house. Also when enjoying this beautiful island and breathtaking beach you will notice quite a lot of rubbishes.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Monadelaida,

Thank you for reviewing Bliss and our restaurant, Hermit’s.

We’re happy to read you enjoyed your stay, the decor and food and drinks!
We agree that the view from the rooftop from the jacuzzi is quite spectacular! We’re fogging the island regularly against mosquitos, but indeed, we can’t prevent them all unfortunately.

Thank you for giving extra credits to some of our staff members! Aisha is indeed a champ in remembering drinks!

We apologize for the mix up in room allocation. Ibrahim had mentioned to have spoken to you regarding the room and that all seemed fine based on your feedback. We would have changed immediately had you raised the topic once more on check in (although we do agree this should not have been necessary in the first place).

We immediately took note of the shutters/monsoon blinds that woke you in the morning and oiled them. The sound is less prominent now, thank you for the feedback. We’re sorry to read that the photos of the room gave you a different impression, this is not our intention.

Our philosophy when designing the place was that the rooms should have all the comforts after a day outside, but don’t need to be large as people visiting the Maldives are spending most of their time outdoors and in the ocean. Therefore all rooms are equipped with a comfortable bed, tv with movies on pen drive, airconditioning, mini fridge and a good hot (or cold if preferred) rain shower.

There is indeed some construction going on the island. Since the local islands opened in 2011 for tourism, some guest houses are being built. The upside is that with more development, we are able to organize a regular beach clean up which is happening already!

All in all we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your amazing words on staff, overal stay and feedback.

Warm regards from the entire Bliss team!