All reviews in house restaurant sand bank place to stay fresh coconut water pizza oven every single meal water sports best food on the island top floor small gym bean bags coffee shop maldivian culture hot tub boutique hotel usb ports local island
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Bliss is most definitely the best guesthouse on Dhigurah and, having visited many other guesthouses, I would argue that it is one of the best in the country. A lot of thought has clearly been put into the design of the property as well as the training of the staff - and it shows in the small details!

We were greeted at the guesthouse by the Bliss staff with fresh coconut water (with a metal straw - plus points) and a hot towel. We were then given a full briefing about the property and the island and taken to our room. Our room was simple but well designed, with good quality sheets and towels, a detailed info sheet and a mobile phone, which can be used to call the staff or emergency numbers.

The staff, which is mostly made up of local Maldivians, are very friendly and helpful and always greet you with a smile. It was so refreshing to go to a guesthouse that was actually staffed with a bunch of locals, so that you really get that 'local' feel.

There is a rooftop lounge area where you can hang out, hop in a jacuzzi, sun tan or dine under the stars. They have even put a bit of sand on the rooftop so that you can dine with your toes in the sand. We made the most of the rooftop by bringing up some of the games they have for guests to use and played Cards Against Humanity and Exploding Kittens while enjoying some of the lovely beverages on the menu.

The food and drinks served in the restaurant, Hermit's, are amazing. Everything I had was tasty and well presented. The breakfast is different each morning, which allows you to try a variety of different brekkie dishes. They even make their own ice cream - I would highly recommend trying the coconut ice cream...you won't be disappointed!

We also had the chance to go whale shark snorkelling and were lucky enough to see one. It was such a fantastic experience!

We would love to come back to Bliss again!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BlissMaldives, Manager at Bliss Dhigurah, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Dear Ramona,

Thank you for taking the time to write such extensive review of Bliss, Hermit's, staff and more!
We thoroughly enjoyed having you as our guest for a few days and thrilled to read you consider us one of the best in the country.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Staying at Bliss has been one of the best hotel experiences I’ve had . I felt like I was treated like royalty. The entire staff was wonderfully delightful. The manager, Ibbe was professional, organized and extremely accommodating. Nappe was fun, light hearted and headed the excursions. He tried to make sure we had a fun time snorkeling and boating which we did. Aisha was also super friendly and so sweet.

The food is DELICIOUS and gourmet. I would be so excited to eat every meal. Compliments to the chef, the entire team and the owners (Anne & M) for creating a great cool vibe and beautiful hotel. Highly recommended. Don’t stay any where else when coming to the Maldives to snorkel, scuba dive and relax in the aqua blue waters .

We also swam with dozens of Manta Rays and 3 whale sharks. It was a dream. I’m so grateful I chose Bliss. Thank you so much for a wonderful experience!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BlissMaldives, Guest Relations Manager at Bliss Dhigurah, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2018

Hi Bibi,

Thank you for your recommendation and amazing review of our guest house, staff, food and activities! We’re thrilled you had a great experience from A to Z and hope to welcome you once again in the future.

Warm regards from Team Bliss!

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed at many resorts and guest houses in Maldives, and can truly say that Bliss exceeded all our expectations. The place is beautifully designed. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and one of the best things in the bathrooms is that the water is filtered and doesn’t smell (something a lot of other guest houses struggle with). The rooftop is absolutely stunning and a great place to relax and dine under the stars. The restaurant, Hermit’s, is excellent and a real treat. Our highlight was definitely snorkelling with the whale shark. An amazing experience that we will never forget. Thanks to the Bliss Dhigurah team for a truly memorable stay - we will definitely be coming back!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Freddy,

We're excited you noticed the small details such as our filtered water, not many of our guests do!
Thank you for staying with us and writing a review.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

Bliss Dhigurah became my new happy place. We were 4 people staying for 4 days at Bliss and enjoyed every moment of it. Anne and her staff have exceeded international standards of service in hospitality. We were treated exceptionally well and everyone went the extra mile to ensure we are having a good time. The quality of everything you touch at the hotel is exceptional and the food is the best you will eat in Maldives. The music created a very relaxing ambiance and the occasional Ben Howard and Bon Iver songs made me feel at home. Working as an expat in very challenging conflict environments, Bliss is the place where you recouperate and heal. A big thank you to all Bliss staff who made our stay feel like true paradise.

Room tip: All the rooms are great.
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BlissMaldives, General Manager at Bliss Dhigurah, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Hi Ruan & Family!

It has been a blast having you as guests at Bliss. Thank you for your amazing review and kind words on staff, quality and homely feel. We hope to see you again in the future.

Warm regards from the entire Bliss Team,

Reviewed August 29, 2018

I went to bliss Dhigura in the middle of this month and I love every single day of it. I must admit I was amazed by the beauty of this Island . I heard about the shark whale and the Manta ray there. I must thank Ibbe who was awesome and flawless. I was a solo traveler and he took good care of me .From the time I landed there I felt connected to the people and the island. There is a coffee shop where we serve breakfast and also a nice kool place on the balcony where you can see the stars in the open air and also order some nice food. I also got the privilege of going for a round on the Dhoni which was amazing cannot thank enough Nappe and the other guys!! Sorry I forgot their names.Ibbe was awesome , I got some basic training for snorkelling which was very funny. Well during my stay I have the bad luck of having a bleeding nose which came from nowhere, but I also must say that the people over there are so caring and never at anytime I felt that I was away , they took great care of me and took me to the nearby dispensary!!! Hats off to the two ladies who works in the coffee house who reacted quickly. The room cleanliness is flawless. I highly recommend Bliss Dhigura and excited to visit that place again. Thks to all the team of Bliss Dhigura..

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
BlissMaldives, Guest Relations Manager at Bliss Dhigurah, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Hi Sheibhu,

Thank you for sharing the experience of a stay at Bliss Dhigurah!
We're happy to read that you felt at ease as a solo traveler and thrilled that you joined the excursions on our dhoni and enjoyed the snorkeling trips.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Team Bliss