See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 29, 2016

I had originally booked to stay on another island but after reading 'nomadic matt's' blog I changed my stay to here and it was the BEST decision.

I stayed in the newly renovated suites and they were wonderful. The bed was beyond comfortable and the outdoor toilet/shower area was one of the nicest I have seen. (Que plants growing out of the sand up and around the shower, huge shells acting as shelves among other additions)
Loved the quirky features dotted everywhere from the green chairs (I need one in my room) to the coconut power socket.

Mahibadhoo itself is quite small with not a whole amount to do & the beach is tiny, but there is an area with loads of hammocks etc. and its prefect for a chilled afternoon.

You do have to leave the island and avail of the excursions to see the real beauty of the Maldives. I found the website really clear on what they offer & prices etc.

Yes the excursions do largely depend on what the group typically want to do as a whole (and the weather, in October anyway) but I had a brilliant time on all.
While I was there I went mantra watching (I seen 3), snorkelling (the reefs are amazing) and went on a day trip to picnic island (postcard moments galore)

I was very impressed with the food. I am not a big seafood lover and wouldn't normally eat much fish but thoroughly enjoyed the meals. So tasty & so fresh. Dining area is fab too!

There is no wifi, (you can however buy a data card in a nearby shop) but while in the Maldives why would you want to waste time online? I found it refreshing to switch off for a couple of days.

Mazin & co. are so warm and welcoming and went above & beyond expectations.
Overall, it was definitely a bucket list item ticked off.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kiera-Louise
Reviewed July 10, 2016

Amazing place,wonderful people,very friendly,full of nice surprises for their guests,had the best birthday of my life .Thank you all for offering us the greatest experience of our lives,discovering there how paradise looks like.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Madalina82
Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

We stormes off right 2nd day out of 4 days we booked. No proper beach, near to local dumpsite, limited activities due to small group size. Staffs no care attitute. Just not so amazing and we will definately come back to visit maldives again

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kean L
Reviewed May 23, 2016

We loved our 3 week experience at Amazing Noovilu and we so delighted we had opted for a local guesthouse where you get to really know the locals and their customs and you know they are benefitting. The Noovilu team were skilled, charming, fun, caring and responsible. We went on wonderful and varied trips and they went the extra mile to make it special. If you are staying as long as us, you have to like fish curry! and search for real coffee - but the advantages of being with this family far outweighed any disadvantages. I wanted to take them all home with me! You have all the hustle and bustle of village life and then the indescribable beauty of the white sands and ocean and sea-life. The fact that we spent on 3 weeks including our airfares from the UK less than 1 night in an exclusive "resort" was the icing on the cake.

Room Tip: All the rooms were lovely
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2016 via mobile

I would like to start with a great thanks to a near by resort which saved our trip from being the worst trip ever. We had lot of expectations as amazing noovilu website promises a lot however it was not at all like the way one would perceive after going through the website. We stayed in amazing noovilu rooms. The rooms are clean when u arrive however after that it's upto u whether it will remain clean or not as there is no daily cleaning done unless u remind them time and again.

Our room had an AC with an engine of an aircraft I guess. It made an ample noise to keep u awake. The ceiling fan in the room keeps up with the competition. Very strange noise ever heard from a ceiling fan.

On top of all this we faced draught issues as well as the water stopped in the so called outdoor en suite washroom. Thanks to the staff who acted like a SWAT team and replaced the motor in just an hour.

We were very excited about the food that we were supposed to be offered as the website talks about it. But to our surprise it's a little less than the cafeterias I have at work. I used to hate our work cafeteria but trust me I have lot of appreciation for it now.

Island has absolutely no beauty as the there is no proper beach. The shore is like under construction floor with lot of waste around.

To save the trip we asked the host if he can arrange for some day trip to near by resorts.however they seem to have very less information and actually very less interest in helping us with that. We had to find out on our own. Luckily we did find an amazing resort on a near by island. The lily beach resort. No words to express my gratitude for that resort. It's just amazing.

Over all I think if host considers all this they can literally change the guest's experience.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends