2,371 results
All reviews sunset restaurant deluxe room dhoni bar manta rays water villa fish our honeymoon all inclusive package our waiter sunrise pool room boy main restaurant beautiful island half board kite surfing crab mini bar
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Wow what can I say. Firstly I was a tad worried before going due to a lot of the reviews I have read on here. Many were quite negative.
However it has made me realise people must moan for sake of moaning .
Our experience at the resort was amazing from start to finish.
We were met by a TUI rep at arrivals who took us straight to the Olhuveli stand where we had a lovely welcome before being taken out to jetty for our 45 minute boat ride to resort. Luggage was placed on boat and we were given a bottle of water once on.
On arrival at resort we were met by a lovely 'reception team who take you off down to a shaded area outside their reception whilst we are checked in. A lovely cocktail on arrival, cooling cloth to freshen up. Very informal chat about resort facilities then you are taken off to your accommodation and luggage arrived 5 mins later.
We stayed in a deluxe water villa. Very spacious and amazing view out to their new dream island that they are making.
Large king bed which was extremely comfortable and bedding changed mid week. Coffee table and chair, large seatee,
Writing table, large unit with fridge and mini bar , large tv - news channels, music channel, HBO, news channels although to be honest if we had tv on it was just on music channel playing in background.
Large bathroon. Separate shower/ bath with overhead shower.
Small dressing area with 2 wardrobes and dressing table. 2 hair dryers. 1 in bathroom and 1 on dressing table.
Safe inside wardrobe.
2 umbrellas which believe me come in handy when walking around as it is so hot and not a lot of shade so very handy for little bit of cover.
34 degrees last wk and it's great to walk around from 6ish with no footwear but believe me you need something on your feet during day as so so hot and your soles of feet won't take it.There are large urns dotted around jetties with water and ladels to cool feet as you go.
We were on All inclusive and the food was amazing. We only used Sunset restaurant and Lagoon restaurant but the food was stunning in both. Lagoon was 5 course menu and stunning.
Our mini bar was restocked daily but make sure you fill in your order on 1st day of arrival. Not all items are free so make sure you check before ordering. You can order however many as you like of free items. For eg our usual order was 4 Carlsberg, 4 Rosa wine, white wine, 4 diet coke. So you can order more than just 1 item at a time.
All staff in all areas were absolutely lovely. All happy and all very knowledgeable.
As an All inclusive guest you have 15 min free spa head and neck/back message.
A choice of a couple of free excursions. 2 my husband went on was a snorkelling trip. Out for 3 hours, 2nd sunset fishing trip.
Any fish you catch they bring back but they will charge you 25$ for the pleasure of them cooking it for you. 15 mins jet ski, hour body boarding, hour canoe hire.
So do please take advantage of all the freebies. Other excursions which are chargeable and quite expensive.
Every night from 8pm up by dive centre you will witness a mighty Impressive sight of dancing Manta ray. Just amazing.
You can try dive or we were snorkelling every day. Roughly 2 hours am 2 hours pm. I will never forget our snorkelling as every day we swam with turtles, sting ray baby black tipped sharks, eagle rays and fish from every colour of the rainbow. Octopus, lion fish and much more. Just amazing and being able to just walk down steps from our villa just made it so easy.
Take plenty of sun cream as you definitely need it. I ran out and needed more . Quite expensive from shop 45$ .We took our own snorkelling gear but you can hire from dive centre.
Don't take many clothes as all you need for day time is costumes/ wrap and very casual wear for evening.
Just paradise and highly 'recommend as once in a lifetime .
It was my birthday when we arrived and a lovely touch of a bottle of red wine and chocolate cake saying happy birthday with candle and matches. 2nd day half bottle of champagne so If you are celebrating any occasion they will mark it for you which is a lovely touch.
We wiĺl go back to the Maldives in the future but possibly a different island just to experience a different resort and area.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Titch263
AliShaheen_OBSR, PRCC & Marketing at Olhuveli Beach & Spa Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Dear Abergavenny,

Greetings from Olhuveli Beach & Spa Maldives!

Thank you for taking your time and writing such a warm review! It is pleasure for us to be a part of your wonderful holiday.

We are glad to hear that your experience at Olhuveli was amazing from start to finish. We appreciate your good comments on our team, food, activities, as well as goodies of all Inclusive package. It is good to hear that you are mesmerized by snorkeling and spotting a variety of marine life. We are lucky that Olhuveli is located the most southern part of Atoll where passing rays and turtles can be seen very often. Also, thank you for choosing Olhuveli to celebrate your birthday with us! We are more than happy to create a unique touch for such a special occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

So beautiful isaland with nice water bungalow
Good Sẻvice. The staff always smile when I meet them
Price cheaper than other resorts because it is older.
I like Spa. You shoudl try body masage service with oid and warm hands.
Will comeback

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Nguyen,

Greetings from Olhuveli Beach & Spa Maldives!

Thank you for sharing your experience of staying with us at Olhuveli!
We are glad that you enjoyed our island and water bungalow. Many guests enjoy staying in water villa as it gives an incredible view.
Our team goes an extra mile to ensure the guests have a pleasant stay at Olhuveli. Also, we recognize the need for further improvement and it has become our main priority.

We cannot wait to welcome you back to our paradise again!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We have just arrived back after a five night stay, we came after SriLankan tour for a rest. We stayed in a deluxe room, in a block of four and though the room was a little tired and the shower could do with an update, we couldn’t fault the break. The room was cleaned twice a day and the mini bar was restocked daily (we were all inclusive). Food was excellent, especially in the Lagoon restaurant which we could eat in every evening at no extra cost, and consisted of a five course menu. We ate there twice and my husband had the whole fish on one evening and it was the biggest he had ever had. I had the tuna steak medium rare, which was so good I had it again the second night. Snorkelling fantastic, so is seeing the manta rays each evening. The sunset dolphin cruise was great and I would have paid for it had it not been part of the AI, plenty of spinner dolphins to see and 3 glasses of champagne on the way back. Staff were great at telling you if you accidentally ordered something that wasn’t AI, could have done with more staff in the buffet area to serve drinks, but didn’t in any way, affect the holiday.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank briamand

Dear Briamand,

Greetings from Olhuveli Beach & Spa Maldives!

Thank you for posting a fantastic review of your stay at Olhuveli!
We are delighted to learn that your holiday with us was so relaxing and revitalizing. It is great to hear that dinner in the Lagoon restaurant was one of your culinary highlights at Olhuveli. Thank you for recommending the sunset dolphin cruise! Indeed it is a great activity to see spinner dolphins in nature and enjoy time on the board of a cruise.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort once again.

Warms Regards,

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

I would like to thank the resort for making my mums 50th birthday amazing! The resort was super accommodating, the weather was great & the beach was lovely.
The sunrise buffet had a wide selection of food that was very good & we found that three staff members in the main buffet (Alix, Fasi, & Shiau) were especially attentive to our every need, ensuring our mealtimes were always great(Thank you so much guys!). Thank you to the ladies in the spa for making my mum feel pampered and relaxed on her special day!
I would recommend visiting the plankton grill for a meal, the food was very nice and the view from the private pod is lovely (you have ponds of fish on both sides of you). Also thank you to Al-Amin for always ensuring our room looked lovely and for the daily floral messages on the beds.
My only criticism would be the slight odour that appeared in bathroom a few times but the manager we spoke to at the evening cocktail mixer had our room attended to very swiftly & I wasn’t impressed at the fact that cranberry juice was not included in the all inclusive drinks but all in all my experience was excellent. I personally did not find the construction bothersome as I wore my headphones as I sunbathed.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DavinaPurple
Reviewed March 27, 2018

My wife and I recently stayed 5 nights at Olhuveli Beach. I entirely agree with most reviewers that it is a stunning resort with very good facilities (pools, water sports) and a reef teeming with fish. We found the staff helpful and the service at the Sunrise buffet restaurant, Lagoon restaurant / bar and Plankton restaurant good. The buffet food was of a good standard with an adequate choice of dishes. Drinks outside the "All inclusive" package were expensive and I agree the price charged for the optional lobster barbecue was outrageous at $130 per person. We had significant concerns about the standard of the Jacuzzi water villa (336). The furnishings were worn, the curtains damaged and the air conditioning non-existent (not conducive to a good night's sleep when temperatures are around 28). Despite complaining to reception the A/C remained unchanged. The villa was inadequately maintained with a layer of dust containing bottle tops and a pair of sunglasses under the bed! Under the cabinet housing the refrigerator we found a half full bottle of water, a full bottle of water, a full bottle of diet coke plus plastic wrapping from a bouquet of flowers!! Having discussed the standard of our villa with some other guests we suspect some villas (beach villas) have been refurbished and equipped with efficient A/C units - this is disappointing considering the expense of the Jacuzzi water villas. Despite issues with our accommodation the positive features of this resort outweighed the negatives and a 4 star rating seems fair.

Room tip: Request a refurbished villa
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple