All reviews fish outdoor shower half board white sand water sports our waiter room number coconut palms room boy souvenir shop indian ocean washing line dive centre whale sharks front office paradise on earth boat transfer
Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful island with your own villa and private white beach. The absolute tropical paradise island you invisige when thinking of the Maldives. Buffet food great as flexible half board. Recommend the Diving School Oceanus, top rate all round. Would say decor bit dated but hey, you want the sun!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank charliered123
HolidayIslandResort, Manager at Holiday Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2018

Dear charliered123

Greetings from Holiday Island

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to serve you again in Holiday Island.

Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a week and had the most unpleasant experience. Our flight from Male was at 1445, however due to unavailability if flights at a more convenient time we had to leave the hotel via 830 flight flyme from Mamgili. We were asked to check out at 630am however we requested Mr Ahmed at reservations who promised us a quick breakfast if we reached by 7am because I am pregnant and needed to take my medication with breakfast. But next day at reception Mr Ahmed screamed at us saying we were late for breakfast and denied us of even a single packed sandwich and asked us to leave immediately. This is after he too was explained why I needed to have breakfast. It is not that we are asking for free meals. Our check out day too had breakfast included in our plan. But mr Ahmed behaved like a complete Goon and was extremely rude and unprofessional. This hotel lacks basic humanity or probably decides to treat their brown guests in this way. I recommend no one to stay here.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
28  Thank Dr Reeba P
Reviewed January 13, 2018

A beautiful place for vacations! Me and my husbend spent a happy time in this place in February 2017. We will retern with childrens! The most peaceful place I have ever visited! Best destination for family!

Stayed: February 2017
HolidayIslandResort, Manager at Holiday Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2018

Dear Chirculete,

Greetings from Holiday Island
We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your Holiday with us and thank you for your great review and lovely comment.
Hope to see you again

Best Wishes

Reviewed January 2, 2018

We opted for Maldives for our 10 year wedding anniversary and we had a splendid time in Holiday Island. Staff were friendly and attentive, rooms were clean, beach was clean, the environment of Holiday Island is laid back and relaxing. Throughout the day you have a feeling you have the Island to yourself. The waters around are lovely, we saw a turtle, lots of nice fish, moray eels, puffer fish and lots more. We enjoyed the ray + shark feeding every evening. Food was great - everyone can find what they like, a huge salad bar, a huge desert bar, a selection of like 6 main courses and different sides... alcohol is pricey, so we forgot about wine for a week and just had cocktails if we wanted to treat ourselves. We visited the neighboring Sun Island and were glad that we stayed here in peaceful Holiday Island.

Room Tip: All the cottages are a step away from the beach, while being in the shade of palm trees, so you can't really go wrong...
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank dmcc1973
HolidayIslandResort, Manager at Holiday Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Dear Dmcc,

Hope to see you again

Reviewed November 3, 2017

The island itself is just beautiful as it is neither too big, nor too small.
Compared to the “sister island” Sun Island, Holiday Island is really quiet and does not have too many guests. With the chrystal clear and blue water and the never ending jetty, it is the paradise that you imagine when thinking of the Maldives.

Service:
The service however was the worst, I have ever experienced and I really travel a lot.
Besides the fact that waiters take care of their guests/tables according to the tip given, the reception staff was just terrible.
When on vacation in a 4-star-hotel, I would at least expect to be greeted at the reception.
We very rarely heard “good morning”, “goodbye”, “how are you” or anything similar. When coming to the reception you first had to wait a few minutes, until staff was willing to communicate with you and then I was not even greeted. When leaving the hotel, we were only asked to sign our bill. No one ever said goodbye or asked if we enjoyed our stay. To be honest, I was so shocked as I NEVER experienced service like that in my whole life. Even in a 1* guest house on the Seychelles I was treated way better then here.

Food:
The food was okay - not very good but also not very bad. In the middle of the island there is only one main restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner and one bar serving the drinks. There are no meals in between – so I think it would not make any sense to choose the all-inclusive version, especially if your room is at the end of the island and you don’t want to make a 10 minutes’ walk for a drink.

Water activities:
Snorkelling on the house reef was okay. Some small fishes – nothing spectacular. Unfortunately the island does not have access to an outer reef. Only snorkelling trips with the boat (that you have to pay separately) where outstanding as you have a really good chance to see some whale sharks. This was really an amazing experience. For people who like to snorkel, I however would not recommend this hotel as you always depend on the boats.
What I also don't understand: On the island there is one side with reef and the other side without reef. Why is the jetski going on the side with the reef? That the last pieces of intact reef will die as well? I was just 2 times but nevertheless I found this very sad.

Room:
The rooms and the furniture was old but the view from the room as well as the shower under the palm trees excused the old and run down interior.

Final conclusion:
I will definitely return to the Maldives as it is paradise on earth but for future vacation I would chose an island with more restaurants/bars and direct access to the outer reef.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank JessicaK4397
HolidayIslandResort, Manager at Holiday Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Dear Jessica,

Greetings from Holiday Island

We are grateful for your shared comments about your Maldives experience at our hotel.

We apologize for the concerns you have raised about your stay with us. We will take measures to improve or amend these matters for a better experience.

We assure you that at Holiday Island customer service is of the utmost importance and we try to give our customers the best Maldives experience. We would like to take this time to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We will spare no effort in improving the experience and hope to welcome you once again to our hotels in the future.