Bandos Maldives(Bandos)
US$706
US$506
Hotwire.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$635/night.

Paradise Island Resort & Spa(Lankanfinolhu Island)
US$279
US$202
Angsana Ihuru(Ihuru Island)
US$345
Gili Lankanfushi(Lankanfushi)
US$1,102
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$1,328/night.

Raalhu Lodge(Himmafushi Island)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$30
  • Free Internet
US$290
US$276
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$392/night.

All reviewswater bungalowhalf boardcoffee tablefishbreakfast and dinnerour waiterwooden stepssand beachcoral reefour honeymoondrinking waterglass toppedsunset dolphinisland resortper dayglass bottomcrab race
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

Amazing beach! We love our rooms! Overwater villa room 219 and beach villa 113, thank you to Hazim and Wahid at reservations department, great communication with them. Food is average, lots of selection but mostly the same food with only a few different dishes

Pros:
-The beach is awesome!!!
-Big rooms
- love the coffee table that you can see the water under the villa
- very clean beach

Cons:
-Late transfer from airport to resort, had to wait for 40 minutes because the boat came late. Also, They combine transfers so you have to wait for other people.
- sewage smell in the beach villa outdoor shower
- breakfast can be improved
- for half board, only juices during breakfast, you have to buy drinks like coffee or tea and water during meal times

Overall, it was a great stay and would love to go back!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Thulhagiri, General Manager at Thulhagiri Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2018

Dear Ydnim,

Thank you for choosing Thulhagiri for your holiday.
We thank you for your review.

Have a grate day.

AREEF

Reviewed May 17, 2018

We spent 2 weeks here 3 years ago, and there a reason for us returning. Staff was amazing, bartender especially with a nice sense of humor we really appreciated. Average evening activities, including the mandatory crab race.

We were on all inclusive, and I can recommend that. Bartender is quite flexible.

We loved to stroll the small island, especially to the opposite beach for a few rounds of back gammon and a swim in the fantastic ocean with perfect water, just as in the postcards.

We had a water villa, and it is a fantastic experience to just take the ladder down (with a small piece of bread you steel from the breakfast) and be swarmed by zillions of fantastic fishes. There are also octopus, sharks and "nemo fishes" roaming the reef.

One excursion was included in the all inclusive package, we did fishing, was a fun night activity :-) If it is still included, we will do the Dolphin one.

We appreciated the reserved table in the restaurant.

Anyway, to sum it up, I hope it is as good again when we arrive on the 15th of July... if you are going there, looking forward to meet you! You will have a great time, and if you want a go on the back gammon, look us up, you will know who we are.

Room Tip: romantic hotel with good service
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank T0rkel
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

I just got home from Thulhagiri Island resort. My wife and I planned this holiday for sometime, the hotel arrangements were good. But what pissed us of is the unfriendly rude waiters. Not even a smile, both of us were greeting and smiling at them as a friendly gesture. A smile always makes a person feel good. It gives a positive vibes. And in the hospitality business its the first impression for the service been provided. But unfortunately we did not feel welcomed everytime we had to go for our meals at the buffet line. What we observed, this waiters were busy entertaining the westeners more than us. (Asians). I guess they were trained or taught to take care of the westeners. Double standard. Remember we paid the same amount for the water villa and beach villa and all the other facilities in this resort. Other than that the arrangement made by the reception staff was good. Anyway we came home dissapointed as we planned this holiday well as we are busy people. Highly unlikely we will come back to this resort.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank rloganathan
Reviewed April 28, 2018

This is my second time to Maldives and I'd say Thulhagiri is really beautiful island however, services ruin everything.
We contacted Thulhagiri through Agoda that we will arrive late at night so our dinner on the first day will be provided as the next day lunch or the last day lunch said Hazim from Reservation Department however, when we arrive they said NO, one meal is no big deal, but at first you guys should not said so in the email.
The room is ok, we stayed at beach front villa just a few steps from the pool, but the pool really need to clean up, I woke up at 5am and saw your staffs clean the floor by using water from the pool, dirty water also got into the pool.
Management need to do something about your staffs unhappiness because I hardly see them smile, when my wife asked for more shampoo and the staff asked back "WHY?" she was shock, this is the beach island, so people will swim and snorkeling all day, and we even paid for extra bed for my daughter and you guys unhappy to give one extra shampoo bottle just 15ml? So cheap?
About the beverage together with buffet dinner (breakfast the same everyday, dinner more or less the same) 5 days stay and we slowly can't eat anything, no fresh juice and if talking about fruits only papaya, pineapple and watermelon very limited. Drinks here is expensive and poor taste everything compare to our previous island Angsana Ihuru is "urgh"
The corals surround island are almost damaged everywhere and they can hurt your feet badly, take a good care of your kids. I hardly see any fishes here.
I did try the Coconut Spa here, the only place I feel relaxed on this island.
Overall, this island is only good to take pictures if you're social media type of person, the rest is no good for long holiday.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank TIRAMESU
Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

This is my 7th visit to the Maldives and the first really disappointing one. I wanted to try this resort as it is only 30 mins away by boat from Male, ideal when you're only here for a long weekend. Booked via Agoda where it did have an 'excellent review (8.1 out of 10). Even though the reviews on TripAdvisor mentioned it was 'a bit run down' I took the chance and booked a water bungalow.
The counter at the airport does not indicate the name of the resort, the boat ride was fine but I had zero safety briefing. Just a small bottle of water. Check-in at the place was poor. The staff barely spoke English and wanted an immediate payment of the boat transfer. I got to my room about 1,5 hours later and I was taken aback by how bad it was maintained. Everything was either stained, rusted, broken down or simply dirty. No signage, no slippers, no bathrobe, terrible AC (that was also leaking), no ceiling fan, hard mattress, synthetic sheets and pillows (including hair on the mattress that was not mine). The TV channels were blocked by a message indicating the hotel's tv subscription expired or was about to. The in room Wi-Fi did barely work, most of the time there was no internet connection. The good things were a kettle in the room, good mattresses for the deck lounges and a proper mosquito net. When it rained water was flooding half of the entry hall and the entry door was seriously leaking. And there was no umbrella in the room and none was provided when asked. It was a long and wet walk to the restaurant. Oh and then the boardwalk lights broke down so unless you looked carefully where you walked, you could have tipped over into the water.
There is only a buffet restaurant (assigned table) and a coffee shop. The buffet was acceptable, however the waiters were not partucularly friendly (I was lucky), half board is just food only, no soft drinks, not even including water.
There is a nice large beach area but the few loungers are worn out and made of hard plastic, no cover mattresses. The beach is kept clean and there is a small beach bar. There is also a water sports place which also looked worn out so I wasn't keen on trying it out. The souvenir shop was closed most of the time and there was a small jewelry shop. The hotel had payable activities every day based on attendees. The coral around the island is nearly all dead but there were some colourful fish and even a resident blacktip shark. The island seems inhabited by plenty of small parrots and they even have their feeding station near the restaurant.
This resort may be accept a le to some but the price was not cheap and I had certain expectations for this place. I can understand that maintenance can be a challenge here but to that point was raising questions. Will not come back and I do not not recommend it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Stephanie V
Thulhagiri, General Manager at Thulhagiri Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for your review.
It will help us further to improve our service and quality.

We assure we keep improving and your comments are essential.

Have a grate day.