One&Only Reethi Rah(Reethirah Island)
US$1,823
US$1,650
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$1,849/night.

US$542
US$425
  • Pool
Coco Bodu Hithi(Bodu Hithi Island)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$546
US$520
  • Breakfast included
Coco Prive(North Male Atoll)
US$45,000
Preferred Hotels
Makunudu Island(Makunudu Island)
US$350
US$175
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$209/night.

Huvafen Fushi Maldives(Huvafen Fushi Island)
US$813
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

Angsana Ihuru(Ihuru Island)
US$298
US$240
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$272/night.

US$820
US$600
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswater villaoverwater restaurantfishcurriesroom was spotlessly cleansuperior bungalowsuperior beachsugar syrupaffordable ratesresort managertwo hour waitstandard restaurantinfinity poolgreat dive sitesa la carte restaurantsnorkel tripmagical stay
Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

We spent five days on summer island and enjoyed each of them to the fullest.

The island is not too big and roughly 45 mins from Male by boat. The rooms (we had a superior bungalow) are cozy and well equipped. Food is very good and offers lots of variety. Personnel was super friendly and courteous. As our departure was in the evening, we were even offered to keep our room for the entire day free of charge.

The only negative point would be the slightly overpriced dive base. Therefore, make sure you pack your snorkeling gear and dive equipment.

Overall we highly recommend this island, especially to Maldives beginners.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JauslinGoncalves
Mariya_Shareef, Manager at Summer Island Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2017

Dear JauslinGoncalves,

Thank you so much for visiting Summer Island Maldives! We appreciate your wonderful review on your stay with us and very glad to hear that you had a lovely time.

We would like to thank you on behalf of the whole team and hope to have the pleasure of having you stay with us again sometime.

Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

I visited this wonderful place before the changes were made, but from what I can see they have merely added to its beauty. ... it was the most restful, idyllic, perfect holiday I have ever had ... the staff were wonderful. .. the manager took the trouble to see me safely onto my speedboat when I finally had to leave for home (clutching onto the rail on the jetty because I didn't want to leave). Truly amazing. .. worth every minute of the flight. Thank you.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank jill h
Mariya_Shareef, Manager at Summer Island Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2017

Dear Jill h,

Thank you for leaving a wonderful review on your holiday with us at Summer island Maldives. We are very glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We were very happy to have you stay with us and hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again.

Reviewed March 29, 2017

This was my fifth visit to the Maldives, first time solo and first time at Summer Island.
First of all I would like to thank all the people working on Summer Island to make me feel at home and congratulate them on the fine job they are doing!
I stayed at a water villa on the sunset side and this is according to me the best choice, lots of privacy, private access to the ocean and you can dine in the restaurant only for the guests in the water villas or premium beach villas.
As I stayed already at other islands in the Maldives I could compare them with the following results :
The good thing was that the water villas are perfect and certain a plus for Summer Island, good for 5 stars!
The bad thing was: the food was not so good, for breakfast there was not much choice and every day the same. For lunch there was a menu and you could eat salads but they did not have for example a bbq with fresh fish or anything like that. For dinner again a menu you could chose from with curries and so, but again the quality was not so good. This needs definitely some improvement!
The ugly was : I did a walk around the island ones and I think first of all they need to renovate all the cushions of the beach loungers this was really bad to see how old they were and that was also my overall impression of the island although it was renovated in 2015. The rooms maybe nice inside but on the outside there is still room for improvement, I did get a 3 star feeling walking around on the island..
Summer Island is a good resort to stay, but not so high standard as the other islands I have been, but if you are on a budget it is ok but definitely stay in the water villas!

Room Tip: chose a water villa on the sunset side!!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
7  Thank broweyedgirl

Dear broweyedgirl,
Thank you for your honest review on Summer Island. We appreciate every comment and try our best to improve ourselves with the suggestions.
I will look into food at Hiya and make sure that it is improved. As for the cushions around the sun lounges, they are still new, however, we are in the process of changing them at the moment, which will hopefully be completely changed in the next few months.
As you have mentioned, we still have a lot of room for improvement, and we will definitely do our best to make these changes happen.
Thank you again for visiting us and appreciate your comments and suggestions for improvements.
Resort Manager

Reviewed March 21, 2017 via mobile

We had our honeymoon there (premium beach villa). It was heavenly. The staff do everything they can to make every wish come true! The sandbankpicknick is not cheap, but the money is definitely worth it. I would like to praise the staff of the Hiya restaurant, especially our waiter Hafiz and the Singapur chef Sandy! They were always very friendly and attentive and the food was always delicious! I can only recommend it to anyone. It's really a dream! The beach, the sea, the room .. just everything perfect! keep it up! :)

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Mariya_Shareef, Manager at Summer Island Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2017

Dear Vanessa O,
Thank you so much for your time in reviewing Summer Island. We are very happy to hear that you had a lovely time with us.
We do hope to see you again sometime.
Mariya

Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

23rd February to 6th March
A superb ten night stay on this island in the Male atoll chain. The resort is a class act with the staff being top notch, being polite and attentive to the guests needs and requirements. I stayed in a Superior Beach Bungalow (370) which has a comfortable modern decor and situated in a great position walking out onto the beach and a great cove for snorkelling. The food is buffet style with great choice and excellent quality, a big thanks to the chefs and waiters especially Dhawa. The bars have a relaxed atmosphere and are well served by the staff.
The Spa is very good offering a number of pampering treatments very expertly applied by the lovely ladies who run the Spa. The resort run a boat out to the 'house reef' which sadly has been bleached by El Niño but the marine life is still active. Scuba diving is available but is expensive.
The majority of guests are German then French with Japanese and Russians running joint third, there is a number of British and nationals from Arabia and Malaysia. Most are couples with honeymooners a component although there are family groups but with a small number of children.
Would I go again? Most definitely!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Warren S
Mariya_Shareef, Manager at Summer Island Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2017

Dear Warren S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very happy to hear that you had a good time.

We look forward to having you back with us again.