1,671 results
All reviewsbeach houseperfect waveturtle pointkids clubfishwater villagarden villarooftop bardolphin cruisewest beachcomplimentary snorkelingwater sportsoutdoor showersurf breakspecial thankslocal islandour honeymoon
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We are enjoying the 3rd day of 5 here. We are staying in a water villa with this magnificent view. Villas with odd numbers have the same view where “even” numbered villas have a less than delightful view of a local island with construction and limited swimming distance due to deep water and undercurrent.

Villas have wonderful decks to sunbath, relax, we even fished off ours. The water is so clear! I would recommend wearing water shoes for anyone interested in going into the water. Much of the ocean floor is scattered with broken coral and extremely sharp. It is shallow enough that it’s difficult to float above it - even in high tide.

Food staff was fantastic. The cooks were very accommodating for my gluten intolerant, fussy son. They made him GF cinnamon pancakes, pizza, pasta and fried rice. They had bread and muffins available at breakfast with peanut butter and Nutella. Many conveniences of home in dining!

We did eat at the premium Sunset Bar for seafood buffet last night and they had a wonderful selection, more than you could eat. I would suggest sitting as far away from the grill as possible- unless you like the heat.

We used the paddle boards at no cost after the first day being told they were damaged. The beach area is easy to navigate.

For Easter they were very special for the kids, Easter bunny and all! Lots of activities, egg hunt, crafts, buffet with cute sandwiches and desserts.

The waters are very safe. Huge fish, eels and sting rays are abundant.

We went on the turtle trip and saw 3 turtles on 2 snorkels stops. The kids were 50% off. Under 4 was free. They were very accommodating regardless of the level of swimmer.

It would have been nice to have haircut service available for my boys and busy husband.

Very remote but very relaxing. Definitely deserves 4-5 stars.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
HolidayInnResortKM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear Stacey H

Thank you for your review of your time with us - it is indeed a pleasure to see that your appreciation of our efforts warranted a review whilst you're still on the island!

I am so happy to hear that your family enjoyed our Easter activities - I couldn't decide if the exuberant children, their parents or my own team had more of a gala time as they always do at the Kandoo Kids Club.

I have passed on your praise to the culinary team who were delighted to see that we surpassed your expectations whilst allowing you to feel at home with our choices on offer.

I have taken on board your feedback regarding "hair cuts" and assure you that this is something that the team will look into.

Stacey H, again I am delighted that you and your family are having a marvelous time with us - perhaps we can convince you to return soon and enjoy more of the activities on offer!

Best Regards

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

I have visited the resort on the 22 feb and stayed 3 nights .The whole environment of the resort was awesome . I would love to visit again.Every staff were very cooperative and remembered a waiter name Saika Shrestha with pleasant and amazing hospitality skill.she has served us twice on beach bar .I forget the name of cocktail she had prepared to us,but still remember the taste of cocktail.it was superb !!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear pandeytrilok,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives.

I am so happy to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. I shall most definitely pass on your warm sentiments to Saika - I am sure she will be delighted to see that she made part of your trip very memorable.

pandeytrilok, we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives very soon - especially as we've got some new cocktails for you to try!

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

I stayed for a week in this resort with 3 children aged 1,3 and 6 and we had a fabulous stay.
The staff are excellent and brilliant with children. The resort had a very good Kids club, with lots of organised activities to keep the children entertained such as fish feeding.
The resort is beautiful and very clean. We stayed in the sea villa, which was wonderful because we could watch a huge variety of fish from the room. A variety of trips are on offer and we particularly loved the dolphin trip.
The resort had a good selection of food on offer and the buffet was excellent, with different choices every evening.
We will defìnately go back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Arabella9876
HolidayInnResortKM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Dear Arabella9876,

Thank you for your review of your recent time with us at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives.

I am delighted to see that you had a wonderful time with your family. My Culinary Recreation teams are so happy to see that you appreciated the range of cuisine on offer and the Dolphin Trip was one of the highlights of your trip.

I am so happy to see that you hope to visit us once more - my team and I really do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our beautiful resort very soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2018

We stayed at Kandooma Resort for 3 nights. Mr.Bantula the manager welcomed us really well and upgraded the rooms for us too with a ocean view. the first day we spent exploring the beach and the resort as we reached in the evening. we spotted a sting ray on the first day itself late in the evening.

Most of our meals we had at the bakkura cafe. The staff were really good especially the manager Mr. Ritesh and the waiter Mr. Jameel. They arranged all the things our toddler asked for as she is a very fussy eater and wanted only bolied eggs and rice and curds. They also have a special menu for kids and all the food for kids is free.
We had the pizzas and the baby back pork ribs which was super yummy.

The next day they had a snorkelling class for us at the pool as we were new to it. The snorkelling guide was Mr.Basu who made sure we were able to do it really well. the next day we went for the snorkelling in the ocean which is also complimentary. it was an awesome experience where we saw many fishes.

We went for the dolphin ride which they told was a 50% chance to spot dolphins. but they told that if we dont see dolphins they will take us again the next day.we were really lucky and our boat was surrounded by a group of dolphins for a very long time. it was so beautiful seeing them swimming in the ocean.

The gelato cafe bar staff Mr.Bhoopathy and Mr.Sundar and Mr.Ranjith of the deck bar were absolutely courteous and ever smiling.

Our toddler really enjoyed the play center which had a big ball pool and lots of toys.They have a baby library also on top. They have baby sitters who will take care of the kids really well. They charge $16 if the child is below 4 years. i left my toddler there for an hour wen we went for deep sea snorkelling and wen i came back she was colouring and wanted to stay there longer.

We also went for the night fishing which was fun. The fish u catch will be cooked for u for dinner. my hubby was very lucky and caught 5 fishes while i caught one fish which was the catch of the day. The guide Asim was really nice and helped us put the bait properly on the hook.

They also have a infinty pool near the cafes which is near the beach too.my baby enjoyed playing in the baby pool. We did snorkelling all round the resort and saw lots of different coloured fishes.

Another person was Sammeh who was there on the transfer boat and was really nice. The life guards were also around all the time.Both near the pool and near the beach especially Mr.Ammu.

Overall it was a magical experience and like a visit to paradise. It feels like a dream now...the whole island is so beautiful..will definitely love to visit again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Miamano

Dear Miamano,

Thank you for such a wonderful review of your time with us at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives! I am so happy to see that you had a marvelous time with us.

My culinary team is thrilled to see that you enjoyed the cuisine whilst you were here - whilst we do have a menu for the Kids Stay and eat Free initiative, we are always happy to tailor make dishes for our younger guests.

I am so happy to note that you were amazed by the Dolphin Trip and the Snorkelling trip - I really hope that you have the opportunity to visit again and try out some more of our Recreation Activities. One of my personal favourite activities is Night Fishing, but next time I am going to have to try harder to beat your husbands record of catching 5 fish!

The team at the Kandoo Kids Club had so much of fun entertaining your little one - it is indeed the happiest place on the resort. It is a shame that you missed out on all the Easter activities - the kids were thrilled when the Easter bunny turned up!

Miamano, again on behalf of my team, thank you for such a wonderful review - I shall ensure that the team members that you have mentioned are recognised individually. We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives very soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

We went there with my boyfriend and stayed for 6 nights.
It was magical.
Great service, delicious food, many activities to do. One of the best dives we ever tried.
Beautiful water, snorkeling. Everything was perfect! We would definitely love to come back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnResortKM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear Anastasia S,

Thank you for such a lovely review of your time with us at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives.

I am so happy to see that you had a wonderful time with us and that you were able to try out many of our activities - I couldn't agree with you more that the diving here is one of the most spectacular in the whole of the Maldives!

Anastasia S, we really enjoyed having you here with us and we really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon!