1,684 results
All reviews beach house perfect wave turtle point kids club fish water villa garden villa dolphin cruise rooftop bar west beach complimentary snorkeling outdoor shower water sports surf break special thanks local island our honeymoon
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

We booked Premium All Inclusive a year in advance for this resort .

When we arrived we were allocated a 2 bedroom beach villa that did not have a direct view of the beach and from one bedroom had a view of the local Maldivian a island with construction works on show.

Muslim prayer reminders were announced on loud speakers on the opposite island and clearly heard at all times of day and night

The food at the resort was excellent

We ask to leave and transfer to another resort after one night and be refunded . The management staff and customer service staff were extremely helpful and understanding and supported us.

The resort may suit many but did not suit us

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kentkop
HolidayInnResortKM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Dear kentkop,

Thank you for your review of your very short stay with us at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives. My team and I were extremely disappointed to have you leave us so soon. I am nevertheless happy to see that in your limited time with us, the efforts of our culinary and Front Office team members were appreciated.

kentkop, we sincerely hope that this will not be the last time we have the pleasure of welcoming you to Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives as there is so much that we would love to share with you from our recreational experiences, dining pleasures and our wellness indulgences.

Reviewed August 1, 2018

One of the most beautiful places we have been to. The island itself is a tropical resort, and the staff are just amazing. Just an amazing 5 day trip with my two boys, aged 12 and 9. Would go there again. We stayed in a 2 bedroom water villa - very spacious, clean and contemporary with some breathtaking views. Words cannot describe this place, and would not do justice. Food is excellent and lots of activities for both adults and kids. Overall, an amazing place in the Maldives.

It started from as soon as we landed where their staff greeted us in the airport and escorted us to the ferries. It is about 45 minutes speedboat ride. Mr Bandula Ranasinghe greeted and welcomed us and made us feel right at home. Described what the resort had to offer and showed us to our room. A few other notable staff members:

Mr Badal and Mr Kullum - chefs at the Kandooma Cafe Kitchen. They knew what my kids liked and would tailor the food as soon as we would enter. My boys would always find them when ordering their spaghetti, steaks, pancakes etc

Mr Ahsan - he also worked at the Kandooma Cafe and he was our server most of the time. Would always be very gracious and the kids loved to chat with him.

Mr Afrah - he was our buggy driver most of the time. Would always ask us about our stay and would show us around the island. Gave us wonderful tips of where to take nice pictures, which beaches had the nice waves for surfing, which beaches the kids would enjoy.

Mr Easin - he was our housekeeper - kept the room very nice and clean and would always make sure that we were pleased with our service. Very pleasant individual and a pleasure to talk to.

Ms Karyn - she was at the front desk most of the time. She knew our name and was very attentive to what we needed. Would ensure that we were happy and that we could approach her for anything.

Room Tip: Water Villa is possible - simply amazing.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Aref R
HolidayInnResortKM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Dear Aref R,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives.

I am thrilled to see that you and your family had a wonderful time with us! I am so happy to see that so many of my team members contributed to a seamless stay here at Kandooma - I shall congratulate each of them personally.

Aref R, thank you again and we really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives very soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

環境超美,大人小朋友也十分開心,沙灘景色很漂亮。分別住了沙灘屋跟水上屋,各有特色,很喜歡那清新白色的風格。特別是水屋,一定要選向海的,那無盡海景令人驚豔。

Special thanks to the front desk manager, Bandula, who make us feel so pleasant from the time we arrive the resort until check out. He is really nice and helpful. I would like to express my greatest appreciation to him for making our stay so memorable.

We also do the family photo shooting by the on-site photograher (sorry that I forgot his name). The photos are very nice.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
HolidayInnResortKM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Dear Nancy T,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives.

My team and I are happy to see that you had a great time with us and I shall most certainly pass on your appreciation to Bandula and Dombe - our in-house photographer.

Nancy T, thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives very soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Holiday Inn Kadooma is in beautiful, yet convenient location! After landing in Male it’s only a 45 minute boat ride to the resort. The personal touches were very impressive. Mr. Bandula Ranasinghe (Guest Experience Manager) personally met me when I arrived, gave me a very detailed welcome brief explaining everything available on the island. After check-in he gave me a personal tour of the island before showing me to my room. It's that kind of personal service that makes me keep coming back to the IHG brands every time I travel. I am already looking to return to Kandooma in December or January with my wife. It was an incredible time and I look forward to returning. All the staff was so friendly, always smiling, helpful and professional. I also did some SCUBA diving while I was there. I visited some unbelievable dive sites, ones that I will never forget. The EuroDivers dive shop on the island is among the best I have visited. Karin the manager has a great, friendly (and safe) team. I very much look forward to diving with them again when I return. All in all, Holiday Resort Inn Kandooma is great place!!

Room Tip: Garden Views are cheapest. Sea Views are a amazing!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank MikeJustice
HolidayInnResortKM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2018

Dear MikeJustice,

My team and I are delighted to see that you had a wonderful time with us and even happier to note that you will be back soon!

I shall be sure to congratulate Bandula and the team at Euro Divers Kandooma - they too will no doubt be thrilled to see that you will be back with us soon.

MikeJustice, again thank you and we cannot wait to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives very soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended!!! Great for Families. Multiple kids pools with a small splash park. Kids eat and drink free!! Also offering Kids indoor activities which includes babysitting helping mom n dad for a quick getaway. Service was next level and the staff was even better. All request were handled immediately. The staff and there service was above and beyond expectations. Will be back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank amakani
HolidayInnResortKM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Dear amakani,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives.

My team and I are delighted to see your appreciation of my colleagues and I shall ensure that they are congratulated for their efforts.We completely agree with you that primarily being a family oriented brand, we have many facilities to suit family travelers such as two bedroom villas, the kids club and the Kids Stay and Eat program.

We are all happy to see your recommendation to other travelers but more so to see that you plan to come back!

amakani, thank you once more and we cannot wait to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives very soon!